what game is better left 4 dead or oblivion the elder scrolls?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

zoidberg7999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 zoidberg7999
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts

which game would you recomend left 4 dead or oblivon the elder scrolls?

i already played left 4 dead but im not sure if oblivion is better

arijit_2404

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#2 arijit_2404
Member since 2006 • 1558 Posts
It depends upon your taste. Both are different game and of different genre. L4D is a fast action oriented game while ES4 is more RPG-Adventure game. To me, ES4 is better because I love RPGs not Action games. Your taste may be different.
lanceja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 lanceja
Member since 2008 • 117 Posts
left 4 dead
GodLovesDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#4 GodLovesDead
Member since 2007 • 9755 Posts
Left 4 Dead easily. Oblivion isn't much of an RPG. It's more of an action/adventure game with some broken RPG elements.
jimmyjammer69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 jimmyjammer69
Member since 2008 • 12239 Posts
Left 4 Dead was fun for a couple of days, but I spent countless hours on Morrowind. Compared with Oblivion, it's so rich in back story and mythology.
couly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#6 couly
Member since 2004 • 6278 Posts
Apples taste better than oranges.
Planeforger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 Planeforger
Member since 2004 • 19599 Posts

They're not really comparable, but Left4Dead is arguably the best co-op shooter around, and Oblivion is a broken, mediocre RPG (without much role-playing)...so I'd go for L4D.

moridin239

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#8 moridin239
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

well you can't really compare the two really well 'cause they're really different. To be honest I've only played Oblivion and Morrowind and not Left 4 Dead, but from reviews and gameplay trailers and interviews I've got an opinion on L4D.

In my opinion:

Left 4 Dead is more of a multi-player game where you join a team with other other players and just keep mowing down zombies and stuff like that. Its like the horde mode in Unreal Tournament where you have a gun, you have teammates and you have to survive waves of aliens(zombies). You could spend a lot of time on this if you're into multiplayer games and have a willing group of friends.

Oblivion is more of a typical RPG. You start of in a large open ended world where you do what you want. There's elves and orcs and swords and magic and typical stuff like that. In a way it's the most typical fantasy world but it has small twists and turns which make it seem unique. There's no multiplayer whatsoever but the game can still draw you in. If you play purely on the storyline, which is hard to do, you'll get maybe 8 to 10 hours of playtime. But with the numerous side quests and small missions that everyday people give you, you could end up playing for weeks. Oblivion is, I think, the best game for you if you love RPGs, open-ended worlds and typical fantasy.

Morrowind is somewhat like Oblivion in many aspects and is also quite different. For one, the A.I. and graphics in morrowind is weaker than than in Oblivion. The style of talking is extremely boring to common gamers as its purely text based. However, it is also incredibly...different. It's set in a strange world with strange creatures and people and buildings and terrain. There are giant mushrooms for houses and Huge bugs which transport you from shore to shore. Many people, including myself, are drawn in by this strangeness, this novelty. There's a ton of things to do in Morrowind just like Oblivion. The world is much bigger than in Oblivion if a bit more drab and treeless.

Personally I would like Oblivion or Morrowind rather than Left 4 Dead. But that's only due to my fascination and interest in RPGs and open-ended worlds. What you choose is plainly up to you.

ShotGunBunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 ShotGunBunny
Member since 2004 • 2184 Posts
Left 4 Dead, definatly. L4D is repetitive, sure. But Oblivion is repetitive and not any fun at all.
Daytona_178

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10 Daytona_178
Member since 2005 • 14962 Posts
I prefer left4dead but you cant compare them.
Nibroc420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Nibroc420
Member since 2007 • 13571 Posts
Everyone who's posted is right imo. However i feel L4D does what it does better than oblivion.Both are different genres, but you probbably knew that. If you dont like bad adventure rpgs, go for L4D, and vice versa. Although, if you're really interested in a comparison, look at what both games try to be and see how they accomplish that.

Oblivion - Trys to be an Rpg, terrible at it. Adventure aspect, well i'll give it that.

L4D - co-op shooter. Does it well, a bit repetative.
go for L4D.
Avatar image for ColdfireTrilogy
ColdfireTrilogy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#12 ColdfireTrilogy
Member since 2005 • 4911 Posts
Comparing one genre to another.... do you like zombie shooters or RPGs ... if you like both pick one ...
moridin239

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 moridin239
I still say I would prefer Oblivion. It hasn't done a bad job of an RPG and it has plenty of replay value. I think the only thing that would be wrong with Oblivion is the lack of multiplayer and the fact that it needs a high end computer to play well. However, the game is interesting enough to pull you in. It isn't repetitive as far as I know, and I've played quite a bit of Oblivion. Every mission/quest you're given by a random person is completely different. There are guilds and the dark brotherhood which give you a new set of missions to play. Even without joining a single guild you could definitely spend a lot of time on Oblivion. If you enjoy realism in a game Oblivion is....well not completely realistic, but it's an improvement to other games I've seen.
thusaha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 thusaha
Member since 2007 • 14495 Posts
I prefer Left 4 Dead.
ShimmerMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#15 ShimmerMan
Member since 2008 • 4634 Posts
Whether Oblivion is a "true' RPG or not is really besides the point. Even if the RPG elements are "light". It's still a good game with a lot of content in it, esepcially with Shivering Isles. Left 4 dead is good also, and It has multipler, but it's short. So really it's down to preference. I don't think anyone can honestly answer this question for you, you have to make up your own mind.
kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#16 kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts

Left4Dead >> Oblivion :D

I would reccomend Morrowind, Arena and Daggerfall before oblivion as far as the elderscrolls series go.

biggest_loser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 60

#17 biggest_loser
Member since 2007 • 24508 Posts

Left 4 Dead easily - though I don't really know why you are comparing these games. Apart from being FPS titles they couldn't be anymore different.

I can't wait for more official maps to be released for L4D.

Contrary to what moridin239 said however, Oblivion is probablythe worst game for you if you're looking for an RPG title. The skill system, AI and character ****s are just broken. Deus Ex 1 and The Witcher EE are much better RPGs.

aragorn_kad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 aragorn_kad
Member since 2008 • 31 Posts
i'd say oblivion! it got a great story and missions. L4D is just shooting...
Avatar image for deactivated-59d151f079814
deactivated-59d151f079814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#19 deactivated-59d151f079814
Member since 2003 • 47239 Posts
L4D I find Oblivion one of the most over-rated games ever made.. How it got across the boards AAA's is beyond me.. RPGcodex had a real critique about the game, funny thing is of all the positive reviews I have seen about the game not one talked about its immense flaws it had in both design, and other such things.. Of those two, L4D any day.. Oblivion IMO I can't even consider it a RPG, and there are many vastly superior both new and older rpgs then that game.
Blacklight2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#20 Blacklight2
Member since 2007 • 1212 Posts
It depends, Oblivion is a RPG and L4D is a multiplayer concept both entirely different.
Sleepyz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Sleepyz
Member since 2003 • 3805 Posts

Left 4 dead is a team shooter. If like that might also consider team fortress 2 like 20 bucks and lots of fun.

Oblivion is ok but might want to consider Fallout 3 if into rpg.

Circlestrafe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Circlestrafe
Member since 2004 • 68 Posts
Grape Juice.
Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#23 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts
I don't mean to hijack the thread but is the PC version of Oblivion SIGNIFICANTLY better-looking than the 360 version? And, I'm not talking Oblivion with mods. Just vanilla.
Kleeyook

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 1

#24 Kleeyook
Member since 2008 • 5213 Posts
L4D I find Oblivion one of the most over-rated games ever made.. How it got across the boards AAA's is beyond me.. RPGcodex had a real critique about the game, funny thing is of all the positive reviews I have seen about the game not one talked about its immense flaws it had in both design, and other such things.. Of those two, L4D any day.. Oblivion IMO I can't even consider it a RPG, and there are many vastly superior both new and older rpgs then that game.sSubZerOo
I agree with u that Oblivion is broken. But it's still an RPG. But a broken RPG just like Fable.
biggest_loser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 biggest_loser
i'd say oblivion! it got a great story and missions. L4D is just shooting...aragorn_kad
Just shooting? Like 95% of other FPS shooters out there?
Cherokee_Jack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#26 Cherokee_Jack
Member since 2008 • 32198 Posts
The name of the game is "The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion", and it's a pointless question because one is an arcadey co-op-centric shooter and one is a single-player open-world RPG. I can at least vouch for Oblivion being a good game (not as good as ES III: Morrowind, but the graphics are better if you care about that sort of thing). It really just depends on which genre you like more.
biggest_loser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 biggest_loser
The name of the game is "The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion", and it's a pointless question because one is an arcadey co-op-centric shooter and one is a single-player open-world RPG. I can at least vouch for Oblivion being a good game (not as good as ES III: Morrowind, but the graphics are better if you care about that sort of thing). It really just depends on which genre you like more.Cherokee_Jack
Didn't you like L4D?
PlzDuntBanMe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#28 PlzDuntBanMe
Member since 2008 • 3269 Posts
I like Oblvion. It gets you hooked on it fast
moridin239

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 moridin239

I don't mean to hijack the thread but is the PC version of Oblivion SIGNIFICANTLY better-looking than the 360 version? And, I'm not talking Oblivion with mods. Just vanilla.Elann2008

I think Oblivion can be better looking than the 360 version, but the problem with Oblivion is that it needs a top of the line computer to be even on par with the 360. My advice is just stick to the 360, its safer...

Contrary to what moridin239 said however, Oblivion is probablythe worst game for you if you're looking for an RPG title. The skill system, AI and character ****s are just broken. Deus Ex 1 and The Witcher EE are much better RPGs.biggest_loser

Ok I understand that some games are better, but Oblivion is not the best. If you're purely looking for a good RPG then yes games like The Witcher Enhanced Edition and Fallout 3 are I think better. Deus Ex not so much, it's not that great a game. I would suggest Fallout 3 for the RPG side though..even yahtzee liked it :P

Cherokee_Jack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#30 Cherokee_Jack
Member since 2008 • 32198 Posts
[QUOTE="Cherokee_Jack"]The name of the game is "The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion", and it's a pointless question because one is an arcadey co-op-centric shooter and one is a single-player open-world RPG. I can at least vouch for Oblivion being a good game (not as good as ES III: Morrowind, but the graphics are better if you care about that sort of thing). It really just depends on which genre you like more.biggest_loser
Didn't you like L4D?

I've only played the demo, but it looks like you need some friends to play it with or it isn't worth it. It's probably a good game if you meet that requirement.
GodLovesDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 GodLovesDead
Member since 2007 • 9755 Posts

[QUOTE="Elann2008"]I don't mean to hijack the thread but is the PC version of Oblivion SIGNIFICANTLY better-looking than the 360 version? And, I'm not talking Oblivion with mods. Just vanilla.moridin239

I think Oblivion can be better looking than the 360 version, but the problem with Oblivion is that it needs a top of the line computer to be even on par with the 360. My advice is just stick to the 360, its safer...

Contrary to what moridin239 said however, Oblivion is probablythe worst game for you if you're looking for an RPG title. The skill system, AI and character ****s are just broken. Deus Ex 1 and The Witcher EE are much better RPGs.biggest_loser

Ok I understand that some games are better, but Oblivion is not the best. If you're purely looking for a good RPG then yes games like The Witcher Enhanced Edition and Fallout 3 are I think better. Deus Ex not so much, it's not that great a game. I would suggest Fallout 3 for the RPG side though..even yahtzee liked it :P

Don't be silly. Oblivion on my AMD 3800+, 7800GT PC from years ago had Oblivion looking better than the 360 version.

zoidberg7999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 zoidberg7999
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts
Thanks for commenting but i got oblivion
beex215

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 beex215
Member since 2006 • 1198 Posts
oblivion is 100x better to me compared to l4d. even though they are different..
aragorn_kad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 aragorn_kad
[QUOTE="beex215"]
[QUOTE="aragorn_kad"]i'd say oblivion! it got a great story and missions. L4D is just shooting...biggest_loser
Just shooting? Like 95% of other FPS shooters out there?

Well oblivion isnt about shooting all the enemies to end a mission! It got a great storyline!
oblivion is 100x better to me compared to l4d. even though they are different..beex215
Yeah i totally agree!!
cool5845

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#35 cool5845
Member since 2006 • 57 Posts
but left 4 Dead is a fps action shooter and well Obvilion is a also a FPS :) and a third person but their genres are different one is action the other is RPG.They are both cool i have never played them but i know they are good :).But i recommend Left 4 Dead more its really cool to fight in co-op with evil zombies and opposite.
markop2003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 markop2003
Member since 2005 • 29917 Posts
They're completely different games so it depends what you like and if you p[lay online with friends ect Though personally i''ld say L4D is better though Morrowind is also better than Oblivion
aragorn_kad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 aragorn_kad
I didnt like Morrowind cuz it didnt have VOICES! or was it just something wrong with my copy?? cuz lots of ppl say its good! !