What exactly is nForce?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

xtaz85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 xtaz85
Member since 2008 • 319 Posts
I am wondering what it is. I know I have nForce 560, but should I install this driver: http://www.nvidia.com/object/nforce_520_winxp2k_12.15.html ? And if I do, what will happen? I seriously have NO idea what nForce is really.. Any info?
made_myself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 made_myself
Member since 2006 • 171 Posts
I see You have no idea what nForce is and dysgooglia as well...
osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 osan0
Member since 2004 • 17877 Posts

well nforce is simply the name of the chipset ure motherboard uses. like P35 from some intel motherboards. so what ure looking at there are chipset drivers for ure motherboard. it was developed by nvidia.

as for the drivers...i have no idea. ive never really updated chipset drivers in the past....and trying to find out the proper drivers for my board on this rig (see sig) is a right pain (its a 650i, but apparently asus did some weird stuff to it so i have no idea what drivers to get from nvidia.). if ure in doubt then check for new drivers from the motherboard manufacturers site.

xtaz85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 xtaz85
Member since 2008 • 319 Posts
Hmm OK then, I'll try that first. Thanks.
muirplayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 muirplayer
Member since 2004 • 406 Posts

Getting drivers for an nvidia nforce chipset from the nvidia website couldn't be any easier. Installing them may improve compatability with other software/pragrams/games, may improve performance or fix other issues. If there are any components on the board that are not related to the nvidia chipset, which there probably are, then the drivers are on the cd that came with your board, and also on the manufacturer website.