What do you think of these upgrades for my PC?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

0ds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 0ds
Member since 2009 • 254 Posts

First of all this is for my first PC build, bought everything off NewEgg and everything worked perfect!! Anyways, I need to buy some upgrades desperatley so here is some items I will be picking up frist, then Ill do another 4gbs of Ram(6 total) and a nice quad core cpu!

Keeping those items in mind here is what I'm looking at. Specifically let me know about the PSU...will this handle my cpu, ram, and an 8800GS?

Any other questions let me know =)

Avatar image for ChocolateCake10
ChocolateCake10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 ChocolateCake10
Member since 2008 • 759 Posts

what were you upgrading from?

mikebarnhardt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 mikebarnhardt
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
Considering some of the technology coming out these days, I'd just wait and save up for a better power supply. Corsair has some really nice ones. Also, modular power supplies have issues so I would stay away from them. And for the 8800GS...any nvidia card with GS or GTS are generally cheaper versions of the GT/GTX. I have a GTX260 and it's great.
0ds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 0ds
Member since 2009 • 254 Posts

Im upgrading from a 500W psu that came with my case, its a piece. and a 5 or 6 year old 80GB hard drive(thats full right now)
and yeah Im slowly upgrading right now, my graphics cards will be on the list soon. but really I only play wow and counterstrike and it does a great job with those games...

Anyway, I was talking to some friends and have decided to do a corsair for sure!

smc91352

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 smc91352
Member since 2009 • 7786 Posts
get a DVD burner, this one is cheaper with shipping.