what do you know and think about spore

This topic is locked from further discussion.

cursed_lion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 cursed_lion
Member since 2007 • 83 Posts
Hi everybody i am new to your club but a true veteran in gaming (i am 19 but i play since the dark omen:) ) this topic is a free discusion about the revolution (in my opinion) that is coming because of posibly the most complete game in history of gaming. my desire is to hear from you everything you know or think about this game or even if anybody thinks that spore will not be a good game all opinions are wanted and respected.

With respect to the gaming community
cursed_lion
azureslayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#2 azureslayer
Member since 2005 • 50 Posts
i dont know if spore will be a good game or not but it will be a turning point for video games 
melante

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#3 melante
Member since 2004 • 383 Posts
When Will Wright did "Spore" the first time more than 10 years ago on the Amiga (named "Sim Life") the game got basically no interest and relatively unispired reviews. Probably times were not mature yet for such a revolutionary game concept. Now, on the contrary, the hype is much higher and lots of people are waiting for this game to be released. I think it's very challenging to make such an open game "fun" (if you can do everything you may end doing nothing and just get bored to death) and this was Sim Life's problem. If this issue gets solved, we'll truly have a next-gen game concept that will bring gaming to new heights. Let's keep fingers crossed! melante
Trashface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#4 Trashface
Member since 2006 • 3534 Posts
[QUOTE="melante"]When Will Wright did "Spore" the first time more than 10 years ago on the Amiga (named "Sim Life") the game got basically no interest and relatively unispired reviews. Probably times were not mature yet for such a revolutionary game concept. Now, on the contrary, the hype is much higher and lots of people are waiting for this game to be released. I think it's very challenging to make such an open game "fun" (if you can do everything you may end doing nothing and just get bored to death) and this was Sim Life's problem. If this issue gets solved, we'll truly have a next-gen game concept that will bring gaming to new heights. Let's keep fingers crossed! melante

I rented(or my folks) sim life for the NES or SNES(been a looong time). It was horrible, but maybe I just didn't get it at the time. I was interested because I loved sim city. Of course, spore will probably be far and beyond that old game.
pinneyapple

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 pinneyapple
Member since 2005 • 5566 Posts
I don't really care about Spore.
cursed_lion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 cursed_lion
I did not know that the concept for spore was so old and that there was a game 10 years ago but i am sure that the game community was not ready to accept it. But i think that now we are more than ready to accept it and also love it if it is as good as it looks from the videos and from the various actions at every evolving stage that you may use. I just can not wait for it.

Trashface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#7 Trashface
Member since 2006 • 3534 Posts
I did not know that the concept for spore was so old and that there was a game 10 years ago but i am sure that the game community was not ready to accept it. But i think that now we are more than ready to accept it and also love it if it is as good as it looks from the videos and from the various actions at every evolving stage that you may use. I just can not wait for it.

cursed_lion
I don't even know if the games have the same objectives. They could be 2 totally different concepts. You casn probably find info if you reseacrh. Sim Life from like 1993 or so.
koza_76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 koza_76
Member since 2005 • 338 Posts
Here's what I think about Spore. 1) Spore looks awesome. Designing your own species, buildings, vehicles, worlds, seem like the good old days with my lego blocks. 2) CHA-CHING for Will Wright
MegaWang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 MegaWang
Member since 2006 • 287 Posts
Yea, who doesn't want to have the option to design their own earth-conquering species and also all their buildings etc, and have epic battles against other races from distant galaxies and solar systems. I WILL CONQUER YOU ALL :)
Djmaster214

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Djmaster214
Member since 2005 • 3240 Posts

Not my cup of tea.

Ginni_patpatia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Ginni_patpatia
Member since 2003 • 67 Posts
Spore will do fine, and be a hit game.
FuRRieT87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 FuRRieT87
Member since 2006 • 308 Posts
Looking forward to it, its looking great for sure.
Shut_Me_Up

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Shut_Me_Up
Member since 2006 • 810 Posts
i dont know if spore will be a good game or not but it will be a turning point for video games azureslayer
Agreed. I think it will be fun though. I've always wanted to be God, after all...
cursed_lion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 cursed_lion
I do not like spore only for the reason that i will play god i also like it because it remindes me the course of the humanity were it was were it is and were it may be in the future. only this potential of geting even a litle bit close to the actual evolution of the humanity and also think in the back of our minds that the conditions that our planet has to accept life any planet at every single point of the endless space could also have a civilization. this and only this aspect personaly gives me a chile in the back.
Mizarus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Mizarus
Member since 2004 • 1379 Posts
[QUOTE="azureslayer"]i dont know if spore will be a good game or not but it will be a turning point for video games Shut_Me_Up
Agreed. I think it will be fun though. I've always wanted to be God, after all...

it might not be a turning point for videogames but it will be for sim-like games, the sims, sim city etc, it will definitly raise the bar for those
Shut_Me_Up

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Shut_Me_Up
Member since 2006 • 810 Posts
I think we're going to see a lot more custom content in games. Also, what was that about the way they were using very little code to figure out how each custom piece (legs, arms, etc) would be animated? That's a huge step, I think. Games will be able to do way more because it will be easier to run a huge game with less data. For console games, if they use this, it could be huge, because usually those are expected to fit on a single disc (the exception being some PS games and some upcoming ones as well).