What are the chances Marvel vs Capcom 3 will come to the PC?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Xtasy26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 53

User Lists: 0

#1 Xtasy26
Member since 2008 • 5582 Posts

Since they put Street Fighter IV on the PC 6 month's after it's initial release and according to Capcom it sold quite well. What are the chances will we see Marvel vs Capcom 3 on the PC?

I sure don't want to buy it for my PS3 given that it will run on consoles 720P crap with horrible FSAA. I would much prefer to play in FULL HD 1080P with 8XEQAA and 16X Anistrophics Filtering. The PC version of SFIV looks gorgeous in FULL HD 1080P in my 50" Samsung plasma compared to the console version. The difference is NIGHT and DAY.

I would rather wait to play the FULL HD 1080P version with new features.

illmatic87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 564

#2 illmatic87
Member since 2008 • 17935 Posts
If there is word of an Arcade release (taito machines use some form of DirectX apparently), then there is some chance of it happening. SSF4 didnt make it due to one of the honchos not wanting its SF 'brand' being associated with piracy--even if it did do better than expected on the PC.
AstralDrmz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 AstralDrmz
Member since 2009 • 784 Posts

We can only hope.

ampiva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#4 ampiva
Member since 2010 • 1251 Posts
I'd pay $60 for it.
AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#5 AzatiS
Member since 2004 • 14969 Posts

Dunno if you havent hear already , BUT , creator of SF4 on a live interview he had for Capcom-unity on Ustream, he almost admit that SSF4 is coming to PC soon or later.

Xtasy26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Xtasy26

Dunno if you havent hear already , BUT , creator of SF4 on a live interview he had for Capcom-unity on Ustream, he almost admit that SSF4 is coming to PC soon or later.

AzatiS

That would be sweet. Is there any links I could read about it? Really enjoyed SFIV on the PC. Game is gorgeous in FULL HD 1080P with 8XEQAA and 16X Anitrophic filtering.

Avatar image for deactivated-59d151f079814
deactivated-59d151f079814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 deactivated-59d151f079814
Member since 2003 • 47239 Posts
... To be perfectly honest, if your into fighters.. Your on the wrong platform for that.
Xtasy26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Xtasy26

... To be perfectly honest, if your into fighters.. Your on the wrong platform for that.sSubZerOo

Why so? Fighters has a long history on the PC. I remember playing the original Mortal Kombat on the PC in DOS. Along with Mortal Kombat 2/3. Not to mention Street Fighter Turbo (I believe) when I was a kid and other games like One Must Fall 2097 and FX Fighter. PC's would make a great platform for fighting games. Just because many developers doesn't make it that often doesn't mean PC's are a bad platform for fighting games.

I am not a hardcore into fighting but I did enjoy Street Fighter 4 on the PC and enjoy the occasional 1 or 2 fighting games. So, it would be great if Marvel vs Capcom 3 came to the PC.

Stratacoustix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Stratacoustix
Member since 2005 • 114 Posts

I could have swore sometime last year I saw that Capcom said they are no longer bringing or making PC games due to the piracy from one of the last Street Fighters.

Crescentwing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Crescentwing
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
It won't happen.. But if it did.. WOOT!
trastamad03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 trastamad03
Member since 2006 • 4859 Posts
If Super Street Fighter IV isn't coming to PC, there's most probably 0 chance that MvC3 will.
enozth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 enozth
Member since 2009 • 83 Posts

i think i will come.

trastamad03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13 trastamad03
Member since 2006 • 4859 Posts

i think i will come.

enozth
You just made me moist...
JKnaperek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 JKnaperek
Member since 2006 • 2023 Posts

[QUOTE="sSubZerOo"]... To be perfectly honest, if your into fighters.. Your on the wrong platform for that.Xtasy26

Why so? Fighters has a long history on the PC. I remember playing the original Mortal Kombat on the PC in DOS. Along with Mortal Kombat 2/3. Not to mention Street Fighter Turbo (I believe) when I was a kid and other games like One Must Fall 2097 and FX Fighter. PC's would make a great platform for fighting games. Just because many developers doesn't make it that often doesn't mean PC's are a bad platform for fighting games.

I am not a hardcore into fighting but I did enjoy Street Fighter 4 on the PC and enjoy the occasional 1 or 2 fighting games. So, it would be great if Marvel vs Capcom 3 came to the PC.

He won't respond to you because trolls just post nonsense with no verifiable data to backup their response.
hamelkarl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#15 hamelkarl
Member since 2009 • 207 Posts

The chance are near to nul. I don't know how Capcom thinks, but they seem to target only the consoles these days. Even the Arcade are left behind. That wouldn't cost much to release it if they did program it for Taito Type X2. The OS is already windows and the rest of the spec is really comparable to a few year olds PC. They just don't want to release it for us.

Hekynn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Hekynn
Member since 2003 • 2164 Posts
Very small chance plus I prefer consoles for fighting racing exclusive rpgs etc.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 deactivated-59d151f079814

[QUOTE="Xtasy26"]

[QUOTE="sSubZerOo"]... To be perfectly honest, if your into fighters.. Your on the wrong platform for that.JKnaperek

He won't respond to you because trolls just post nonsense with no verifiable data to backup their response.

Not trolling... This is pretty much the case.. The majority of fighters are exclusive to the two predominate platforms (PS3 or 360) and they have the largest player bases for it.. The fact of the matter is if your a hardcore fighter your going to be getting a console for it 9 out of 10 times.... The PC like all platforms has certain genres that are very low to nonexistent, just like console platforms do.. It is highly doubtful MvC3 will come out to the PC.. IT was already a surprise to see Street Fighter 4 come out for it.

Xtasy26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Xtasy26

[QUOTE="JKnaperek"][QUOTE="Xtasy26"]

sSubZerOo

The majority of fighters are exclusive to the two predominate platforms (PS3 or 360) and they have the largest player bases for it.. The fact of the matter is if your a hardcore fighter your going to be getting a console for it 9 out of 10 times.... The PC like all platforms has certain genres that are very low to nonexistent, just like console platforms do.. It is highly doubtful MvC3 will come out to the PC.. IT was already a surprise to see Street Fighter 4 come out for it.

So? Doesn't change the fact that there is demand for fighting games on the PC. As proof by how well Street Fighter IV sold on the PC. Maybe the developers should actually TRY to put more fighting games on the PC.

Xtasy26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Xtasy26

If Super Street Fighter IV isn't coming to PC, there's most probably 0 chance that MvC3 will.trastamad03

Well Super Street Fighter IV was essentially an upgrade from Street Fighter IV. Whereas MvC3 is a BRAND NEW game so that's why I am hoping that they will release it on the PC. Guess we will find out in June or July.

Godofnerdyness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Godofnerdyness
Member since 2007 • 3248 Posts

Unnecessary, PC gamers already have this. It blows MvC3 out of the water and then takes a dump on its face for good measure.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 deactivated-59d151f079814

[QUOTE="sSubZerOo"]

[QUOTE="JKnaperek"] He won't respond to you because trolls just post nonsense with no verifiable data to backup their response.Xtasy26

The majority of fighters are exclusive to the two predominate platforms (PS3 or 360) and they have the largest player bases for it.. The fact of the matter is if your a hardcore fighter your going to be getting a console for it 9 out of 10 times.... The PC like all platforms has certain genres that are very low to nonexistent, just like console platforms do.. It is highly doubtful MvC3 will come out to the PC.. IT was already a surprise to see Street Fighter 4 come out for it.

So? Doesn't change the fact that there is demand for fighting games on the PC. As proof by how well Street Fighter IV sold on the PC. Maybe the developers should actually TRY to put more fighting games on the PC.

That wasn't my point :| notice what he stated of the fighters he has played on the pc.. It consists of a bunch of extremely old fighters.. And Street Fighter 4.. All I am saying is if your hardcore into fighters your really on the wrong platform if you expect to get alot of fighting games... Its just like a RTS fan expecting to have a wide array of games on a console.. Its just never the case the majority of the time, which is my point.. Now this MAY change in the future, but as of now if your hardcore into fighters.. Your going to want to get a console due to having a far larger library this gen and last gen in the genre, and having most definitely a far greater online population to play against... Like I said this may change in the future, but as its looking right now my point is a legitimate point..

tutt3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#22 tutt3r
Member since 2005 • 2865 Posts

[QUOTE="Xtasy26"]

[QUOTE="sSubZerOo"]

sSubZerOo

That wasn't my point :| notice what he stated of the fighters he has played on the pc.. It consists of a bunch of extremely old fighters.. And Street Fighter 4.. All I am saying is if your hardcore into fighters your really on the wrong platform if you expect to get alot of fighting games... Its just like a RTS fan expecting to have a wide array of games on a console.. Its just never the case the majority of the time, which is my point.. Now this MAY change in the future, but as of now if your hardcore into fighters.. Your going to want to get a console due to having a far larger library this gen and last gen in the genre, and having most definitely a far greater online population to play against... Like I said this may change in the future, but as its looking right now my point is a legitimate point..

I have to agree, the majority of fighters play on either the 360 or ps3. Its like how majority of good tf2 players play it on pc instead of 360. I mean the orange box sold well on the 360, but by no means is ist the right platform. You have a ps3 man, go and buy it, its worth it. The way the graphic style is for this game, there wont be a huge difference b/w 720 and 1080 like how sfIV on pc wasnt a huge improvement over 360/ps3.

jedikevin2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#23 jedikevin2
Member since 2004 • 5263 Posts
Its not coming. Easy as that. Not that the Pc couldn't easily do it. Pc is still a premiere platform for fighting games allowing just about any controller steup to work for it and offcourse having graphical superiority. Gotta remember this is Capcom, its a fighting game, and game will be heavly DLC based as time goes on. "Goes back to playing Big Bang Beat, Melty Blood, Vanguard princess, Blazblue 1, etc etc etc
Xtasy26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Xtasy26

[QUOTE="sSubZerOo"]

[QUOTE="Xtasy26"]

tutt3r

there wont be a huge difference b/w 720 and 1080 like how sfIV on pc wasnt a huge improvement over 360/ps3.

I disagree. The difference between 720P to 1080P is over 1+ million pixels. Those million pixels makes a difference. There a NIGHT and DAY difference when I am playing on my 50" Plasma in 1080P, with 720P you could see all the blurryness and the jagged edges. The graphics are razor sharp like on PC at 1080P with 8X EQAA and 16X Anistrophic Filtering.