What are the best performance-increasing mods for GTA IV?

#1 Posted by Zuon (336 posts) -

We all know Grand Theft Auto IV was a terribly optimized port on PC. Even now, my i7-6700 and GTX 1080ti regularly dips into the mid-30's at 1080p. Mind you, this is using the "Just ENB" mod for 1.0.7.0, but that's besides the point.

I'm just curious if anyone who has fiddled with GTA IV long enough has ever found any mods that actually did improve performance? Bonus points if there are no noticeable visual downgrades or artifacts due to the mod, but hey, even if the mod makes he game look like trash, if it still boosts FPS, I'd like to hear about it.

#2 Posted by WESTBLADE (432 posts) -
@Zuon said:

We all know Grand Theft Auto IV was a terribly optimized port on PC. Even now, my i7-6700 and GTX 1080ti regularly dips into the mid-30's at 1080p. Mind you, this is using the "Just ENB" mod for 1.0.7.0, but that's besides the point.

I'm just curious if anyone who has fiddled with GTA IV long enough has ever found any mods that actually did improve performance? Bonus points if there are no noticeable visual downgrades or artifacts due to the mod, but hey, even if the mod makes he game look like trash, if it still boosts FPS, I'd like to hear about it.

https://pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Grand_Theft_Auto_IV

#3 Posted by PredatorRules (12434 posts) -
@Zuon said:

I don't know about you but when I play it on medium graphics (or used to anyway) on multiplayer it ran 60fps steady with my old R9 290 / GTX 970, i5 4670 and 8Gb of RAM.