Well? So how is the COD4 SP Demo?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

xDestroyer666x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 xDestroyer666x
Member since 2007 • 126 Posts

Impressions?

Does it rock?

Baron_14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 Baron_14
Member since 2007 • 1771 Posts

Of Course

it is cod after all

bblundell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 bblundell
Member since 2006 • 1086 Posts

It's nice.....it's just COD3 in a modern time....with somewhat better graphics, but the demo was fun.

Mulletseb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Mulletseb
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts
Can't even install it, when I doubleclick on the .exe is says that it's not avalid Win32 application. I'd have to redownload it I guess.
X-Fade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 X-Fade
Member since 2006 • 2681 Posts
Played through it many times now a great demo indeed. ^^
jwat4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 jwat4
Member since 2003 • 1934 Posts

I was impressed but not blown away...

Its COD in the sense that there is a lot of explosions and shots being fired but I still dont care for COD lack of a cover system...

All I want to be able to do is duck and lean..

Meu2k7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Meu2k7
Member since 2007 • 11809 Posts
It was average at best, I dont see the fascination.
bahdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 bahdom
Member since 2005 • 70 Posts

Not that great imo, the movement is stiff and nothing new is added to the formula. The good part is it runs as nice as cod2 did for me, and my system isnt all that great. Guns felt kinda weak, like all of them were CoD2 stens and none had the power of a kar. And nightvision is a gimmick.

Anyhow, we'll have to wait till the MP to see how that turns out.

kirk4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 kirk4ever
Member since 2005 • 3543 Posts
it wAS Really nice..i liked the weapons quality and shinyness..night vision was nice..good intensity,,but it was amazingly short for 1.5 GB!!
EndersAres

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 EndersAres
Member since 2005 • 5711 Posts
I can say that it's definitely a Call of Duty game. Heavy scripting and so on. The graphics are good but I wouldn't say the best. After seeing this in person, I question the game journalist that gave it such high praise during E3. I'd say I'm somewhat disappointed overall.
kidkit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 kidkit
Member since 2005 • 2783 Posts
Can't even install it, when I doubleclick on the .exe is says that it's not avalid Win32 application. I'd have to redownload it I guess.Mulletseb
That's yahoos problem. make sure the file is finished, i think it should be 1.37 gig or so.
xDestroyer666x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 xDestroyer666x
Member since 2007 • 126 Posts

Yeah, I enjoyed the multiplayer beta on my 360.

Just wondered how the SP was..

So is it the same feel as all the WWII ones but just modern?

How does it compare to say, GRAW? Tactical wise etc..

DrDoomed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 DrDoomed
Member since 2003 • 11386 Posts
Intense bathwater hooch that is tight and deep.
Mulletseb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Mulletseb
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts

I used the Gamespot download manager...

oscar530

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 oscar530
Member since 2005 • 4430 Posts
I loved the demo wasn't that long of a download from Fileplanet. The graphics were very nice, gameplay was intense and I liked the NVG goggles except I wish I could turn on the laser sight without having to turn on the NVG
Skullheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Skullheart
Member since 2006 • 2054 Posts

Impressions?

Does it rock?

xDestroyer666x

Rock? This game will easily take "Game of the Year". Easily, without effort. No other FPS will be able to stand up to this one on November 5th. I used to be a fool and think poorly of this game since I didn't like Call of Duty 2, but this game is by far the best fps I've played...and that was just the demo.

l-_-l

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 l-_-l
Member since 2003 • 6718 Posts

Its COD in the sense that there is a lot of explosions and shots being fired but I still dont care for COD lack of a cover system...

jwat4
Um......please share whatever it is you are smoking. There was plenty of cover and you can duck and lean..............DUH!!! :roll:
rainierflu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 rainierflu
Member since 2006 • 207 Posts
Its a nice demo of a game that will be a smash hit...I hated cod 2 but I like this so far...
mfsa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#19 mfsa
Member since 2007 • 3328 Posts

my thoughts so far:

extremely polished UI/out of game mechanics - the game loads very fast, we get a cool video that overlaps with the loading so we go straight from watching a video into the game seamlessly, and the game also alt tabs extremely nicely - these may all seem like fairly minor points, but they make the overall experience much more pleasant... if it runs without the dvd as well, oh man, i think i found my new life partner

extremely good looking - the game doesn't have very high requirements, yet it looks awesome - the character models are great, the lighting-glowy-thing that surrounds them is an awesome effect, and depth of field is a great effect that wasn't overdone

plays just like cod2 - it's still all about insane firefights with lots of AI allies and enemies, guys dying all over the place, changing the country, weapons and era involved hasn't changed the way the game plays at all

more of the same in most other regards - it has a very cod2 feel in most other ways as well... from the war related quotes after you die to the i-wish-i-were-halo sitting still heals mortal wounds healing mechanic to the grenade indicator to just about everything else, this game feels just like call of duty 2

all round, i'd say for those who loved call of duty 2, cod4 is everything you could ask for - it's more of the same, only in a setting that won't make you want to snap your disc because you've been there and done that, and it looks far, far better... but for people who didn't like cod2 - there's little to nothing for you in cod4

EndersAres

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 EndersAres
COD lack of a cover system...jwat4

A cover system wouldn't fit into COD IMO. It would take away from the glorified action war game theme. I think the crouching and leaning is enough.

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#21 Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts
It rocks. It plays similar to CoD 2 yet in a modern setting with much better graphics. If your games plays like CoD 2 it is going to be great.
mfsa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 mfsa
Member since 2007 • 3328 Posts
COD lack of a cover system...jwat4

the whole notion of a cover systemis a joke imo, we've - as gamers - been using cover mechanics through crouch, prone and lean for years and years and years - it's an innate element of gameplay (assuming you play on harder difficulties)... and games like gow and vegas just took a gameplay element and turned it into a gameplay feature, and people act like it's somehow special or new or improves the way the game plays

cod 4 does have a cover system, it's called playing on hard - you play on hard, and you're taking cover pretty much all the time... you just gotta do it yourself instead of having some game do it for you when you press the B button...

rainierflu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 rainierflu
Member since 2006 • 207 Posts

"all round, i'd say for those who loved call of duty 2, cod4 is everything you could ask for - it's more of the same, only in a setting that won't make you want to snap your disc because you've been there and done that, and it looks far, far better... but for people who didn't like cod2 - there's little to nothing for you in cod4"

lmao... Thanks for making my gaming decisions for me you cod 2 snob.... lol

shaneras

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 shaneras
Member since 2003 • 1346 Posts
I thought the demo was awesome, very fun and alot like cod2 but more polished and intense. The only thing i didnt like was how short the demo was.
EndersAres

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 EndersAres

and games like gow and vegas just took a gameplay element and turned it into a gameplay feature, and people act like it's somehow special or new or improves the way the game plays

mfsa

That bothers me a lot. They say it's more tactical yet you can see around the corner and everything that is going on. When you blind fire you can aim it in the direction of the enemies. That for me takes away the tactical edge. If there was a more in depth cover system I would want it to be in first person. Make it similar to Vegas as in grabbing the wall. Make it where you cannot see around the corner unless you lean into that direction to take a peek revealing yourself. Same with croutching and peekin and when you blind fire it does exactly that. Yeah I agree though, the cover system we have been using for years is good enough.

DarKre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 DarKre
Member since 2003 • 9529 Posts
The gameplay is just like every other COD. Im bored with it.
DarkRecruit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 DarkRecruit
Member since 2005 • 3391 Posts
I want a MP demo >.>
jtim6007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 jtim6007
Member since 2004 • 196 Posts
I was impressed by it, especially by how well it ran, it looks fantastic, and ran perfectly on my E6750, 8800gts 320, and 1 gig of RAM, (the other gig died)
FrozeN__54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 FrozeN__54
Member since 2005 • 3434 Posts
It's good. But not 'that' good.
-AK47-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 -AK47-
Member since 2007 • 3277 Posts
I loved it. The modern setting is amazing.
GodLovesDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#31 GodLovesDead
Member since 2007 • 9755 Posts

It was average at best, I dont see the fascination.Meu2k7

Yea, really. It's almost awful if you already played CoD1 and CoD2. The graphics were mediocre, the gameplay was mediocre, and it's way too arcadey. Worst of all is that it's the same rinse and repeat found in every game before it.

AdamPA1006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 AdamPA1006
Member since 2004 • 6422 Posts
A little bit above average. Made me sick though because of the bobbing when reloading and such. Still undecided about whether I'll buy it or not.
chessboxer1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#33 chessboxer1
Member since 2004 • 953 Posts
Just finished playing the demo and I thought it was brilliant, definitely going to buy it. Will take over from BF2 as my main modern warfare game :o
freemandango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 freemandango
Member since 2005 • 32 Posts

I know the demo is short....but is INTENSE!

Projekt_Enigma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Projekt_Enigma
Member since 2007 • 67 Posts
Hmm let's see this demo is underwhelming. I can't stand the redundance of Building fortifications [2 Gunners behind Wood], no Fire-rate change, and the continuous hail of tracers along with the irritating gunshots. The A.I. is idiotic and completely dependant on whether YOU choose to advance or not. The graphics are Cod 2's Engine with a "next-gen" tune up, nothing more. I'd be suprised to see people ranting about how "UNBELIEVABLE" this game is because profoundly it isn't.
Projekt_Enigma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Projekt_Enigma
The Multiplayer is a different story, and will far exceed my expectations of the Single player. I have hope, however not for the Singleplayer portion of the game.
Projekt_Enigma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Projekt_Enigma
Oh please, Hardened difficulty took hardly an effort on my part and definitely didn't render me helpless unless frequently behind some wall or car.
Velric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#38 Velric
Member since 2003 • 3842 Posts

jwat4

Sure you were playing the right game? I can duck and lean just fine.

Galinoth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#39 Galinoth
Member since 2004 • 57 Posts
I never played the previous COD games, but this game really impressed me. You have to stay focused or you will get owned.
Herrick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Herrick
Member since 2004 • 4551 Posts
So it plays like previous Call of Dooties with a modern setting? Sounds good to me. I had a lot of fun playing the first and second Call of Dooty games. I'll have to check out this demo now.