WC3 or LOTR: BFME2?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

funnybunny12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#1 funnybunny12
Member since 2006 • 548 Posts

Ok... First of all... I like single-player stuff more. I don't really like multiplayer stuff in RTS games. I know WC3 has a great single player campaign thing, but what about Battle for Middle Earth 2? It looks like BFME2 takes more thought and planning and it has large battles.

Secondly, I know WC3 will run on the new computer I want, but I want to know if Battle for Middle Earth 2 to will run well..

○Windows Vista Home
○Intel Pentium 4 3.0Ghz
○1GB RAM
○GeForce 7900

Mizarus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Mizarus
Member since 2004 • 1379 Posts
it should run pretty good, thats a dual core or a pentium d?? id go with wc3+frozen throne for both single and multiplayer i havent played bfme2 tho so i cant really be sure. but you cant go wrong with warcraft 3
Trunammer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Trunammer
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts
WC3 for both multiplayer and singleplayer. It may not have the graphics but it's still a pretty good game. I like BFME2 too but overall I believe WC3 is just better.
Unstoppable_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 Unstoppable_1
Member since 2003 • 2005 Posts
Definately WC 3. Blizzard support **** slaps EA into oblivion.
funnybunny12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 funnybunny12
Member since 2006 • 548 Posts
But which one has more large battles? Plus, I got kind of bored with the WC3 demo... And please only recommend one if you have played them both. Because if you just say to buy something is great and you haven't played the other thing, you COULD actually like the other thing better... I just think they are both cool, but I have recently been looking at BFME2 stuff and it makes me rethink which game I want. Another thing. Which games is more variety of buildings and units? I think BFME2 might win that, but I don't know... Does WC3 even have boats? I am leaning towards BFME2... I want something really challenging because of big battles and lots of things to choose from. Some WC3 levels seem like you are just on a set path some times... For example, on the demo. You have to get out of an underground prison dungeon or something. And you just went down a path and got some units and stuff and kept going... I want more variety and options...
krazyorange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#6 krazyorange
Member since 2005 • 2669 Posts
played/own both, and I can say BFME2 is superior, especially considering how outdated WC3 is and the fact you're already bored with the demo. WC3 has annoying things live upkeep, and while BFME2 has a relatively-low unit cap, it is far more entertaining. Rise of the Witch King is also outstanding, and although you weren't concerned about multiplayer, BFME2 + WK has some of the best LAN and online ever, behind CoH.
krazyorange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#7 krazyorange
Member since 2005 • 2669 Posts
and you can create your own heroes for multi as well, which as amazingly fun
Boobno1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 Boobno1
Member since 2004 • 64 Posts

Thats a tough one. Warcraft 3 i still play, both single player and multiplayer (which is still the best RTS online because of World Edit) and battle for middle earth 2 has its bits but its nowhere near as gd in all aspects. Theres so much more depth in warcraft 3 so dont b fooled by the better grafficks of BFME2...its not a particularily good game...and anyone who even mentions the War Of The Ring Mode...needs to be shot to be honest... a very poor attempt at trying to make it work, more like an afterthought.

If your thinking about these two games because u like building towns and collecting resources ect... than there isnt much out there... C+C3 is disspointing and there isnt much else...however if your wanting this because u like controlling armies and lots of death and swords flying everywhere and dont mind loosing the magic then buy Medival Total War 2....its argueably the best stratergy game to come out in a few years.

jrmycmpbll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 jrmycmpbll
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
wc3 for sure...whether you play online or not this is still a superior game...that no matter how good you get can still be challenging. i never expected it to have as much depth as it really does...and not to mention the battle.net games that users have custom made themselves...seriously awesome...and i am all for big battles as well...the most i have ever been a part of in wc3 was prolly online in a 4 v 4 setting in which there were probably 200 or so units fighting...not sure if that is enough...but for 39.99 it is still a bargain.
apanizo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 apanizo
Member since 2004 • 127 Posts
WC3 hands down single & multi-player. After you finish the campaign you can still play custom maps if you don't like competitive play.
fatMasterFlex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 fatMasterFlex
Member since 2007 • 129 Posts
wc3+frozen throne pwns bfme in the face times 10k
_KwispY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#12 _KwispY
Member since 2005 • 549 Posts
wc3
Unstoppable_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#13 Unstoppable_1
Member since 2003 • 2005 Posts
If you want larger battles then BFME 2 I guess. WC 3 is more micro intensive and dosen't always have large battles.
Keypo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Keypo
Member since 2003 • 180 Posts

I play WC3 daily got bored of BFME2 really fast

but both are pretty boring offline anyways dont buy either if you dont plan to play online.  

But wc3 really hurts BFME2 but most people on here werent around when it came out so they prob dont like it as much

i going to play some WC3 now i only play modded maps not regualar anymore lol

Â