WC3 i cant play custom games

This topic is locked from further discussion.

stephant_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#1 stephant_6
Member since 2005 • 1758 Posts
I just tried for 15 minutes to connec to a DOTA game online. I've done this before,so i wanted to see DOTA. Everytime I clicked on a server,I would connect,I would see the lobby for 1 second,then I'd get returned to battle.net. What's going on?
ProudLarry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#2 ProudLarry
Member since 2004 • 13511 Posts
The person who created the game is probably kicking you out because they don't want to wait on you to download the game.
stephant_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 stephant_6
Oh. So how do I play? If I never get a chance to download I can never play.
ProudLarry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#4 ProudLarry
Member since 2004 • 13511 Posts
Usually people are only playing the newest version of DoTA. Just look and see what version they're playing and then google for it.
stephant_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 stephant_6
I downloaded the latest map,but it just saved as a worl editor file. Is that all I need to do?
darkmario123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6 darkmario123
Member since 2006 • 1156 Posts
You have to move the map to the downloaded maps folder. I think the location is C:\program files\Warcraft III\maps\download
stephant_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 stephant_6

You have to move the map to the downloaded maps folder. I think the location is C:\program files\Warcraft III\maps\downloaddarkmario123

I don't have a download folder...Do I make one? If so how do I do that?

Haee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8 Haee
Member since 2006 • 1378 Posts

[QUOTE="darkmario123"]You have to move the map to the downloaded maps folder. I think the location is C:\program files\Warcraft III\maps\downloadstephant_6

It doesnt matter, as long as it's in any map in the folder C:\Program Files\Warcraft III\Maps than the game will instantly recognize the file regardless if you put it in download, ladder ect.

stephant_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 stephant_6
[QUOTE="stephant_6"]

[QUOTE="darkmario123"]You have to move the map to the downloaded maps folder. I think the location is C:\program files\Warcraft III\maps\downloadHaee

It doesnt matter, as long as it's in any map in the folder C:\Program Files\Warcraft III\Maps than the game will instantly recognize the file regardless if you put it in download, ladder ect.

OK i did it but then I joined a DOTA game and every one was a b**ch to me since I didn't kow how to play. :P thanks anyway.

Haee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10 Haee
Member since 2006 • 1378 Posts
[QUOTE="Haee"][QUOTE="stephant_6"]

[QUOTE="darkmario123"]You have to move the map to the downloaded maps folder. I think the location is C:\program files\Warcraft III\maps\downloadstephant_6

OK i did it but then I joined a DOTA game and every one was a b**ch to me since I didn't kow how to play. :P thanks anyway.

The Warcraft 3 community is arguably one of the worst communities in the faces of mankind. Halo kids pales in comparison IMO.