Was anyone else..."sour" after playing CnC4? (I am bitter)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

lexika

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 lexika
Member since 2009 • 873 Posts

I got this game for my birthday and just played it for the first time today. Got it all set up with the account thingy and that and then I find out you can't build a base. All you do is like make units and take points. How BORING is that! I played for like an hour and it's seriously not Command and Conquer anymore. I'm seriously annoyed to the max about this...I am very frustrated. Anyone else feel similar? Does anyone know if they're going to make a REAL Command and Conquer game soon? With a lot more cool stuff and like a bit more back to the older stuff? Sorry if I sound like a whiner but this was one of my favourite games as a child and I'm sad to see it get so horrible and away from what made it a great series. I don't mean to offend anyone either, I'm just curious to see if anyone has similar feelings on this game as I do and if they are making a new one (improved)? Thanks. :)

Sleepyz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Sleepyz
Member since 2003 • 3805 Posts

Shame was a present. When i read the reviews and heard no base building i stayed far away from it. I own all the c&c games except that one.

There is a c&c 5 in the works but don't know anything about it.

Vlaimir_Lem86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#3 Vlaimir_Lem86
Member since 2006 • 439 Posts
Its by far the worst in the series. Tiberian Sun being the best, imo. It can be seen in all of the negative reviews as well. With C&C 5 in the works, they cant go any lower than they already have, the only other way is up. sucks you got such a sh**** b-day present man :(
SF_KiLLaMaN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 SF_KiLLaMaN
Member since 2007 • 6446 Posts
[QUOTE="Vlaimir_Lem86"]Its by far the worst in the series. Tiberian Sun being the best, imo. It can be seen in all of the negative reviews as well. With C&C 5 in the works, they cant go any lower than they already have, the only other way is up. sucks you got such a sh**** b-day present man :(

Yeah. I don't think it's possible to get any worse. It's probably my all time favorite game series, but C&C4 was just awful.
MythPro1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 MythPro1
Member since 2003 • 2746 Posts

CnC hasn't been relevant to me anymore since Tiberium Sun and Generals. Not sure why everyone raved about Generals, I really didn't like it. RA3 was okay at best too. Nothing beats Red Alert 2 or the original Red Alert :D.

SF_KiLLaMaN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 SF_KiLLaMaN
CnC hasn't been relevant to me anymore since Tiberium Sun and Generals. Not sure why everyone raved about Generals, I really didn't like it. RA3 was okay at best too. Noting beats Red Alert 2 or the original Red Alert :D. MythPro1
Generals was awesome. RA2 is still my favorite C&C game though. All of them up to an including C&C3 were great games to me. I still feel mixed about RA3.
kris9031998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#7 kris9031998
Member since 2008 • 7554 Posts
I must be weird for not playing a C&C game (except for generals ONCE, which was awesome, and red alert 3, which sucked). Ill playing Generals 2 when it comes out, simply because it sounds awesome. Oh, and btw: No base-building isn't necessarily a bad thing, look at World in Conflict.
makryu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 makryu
Member since 2004 • 965 Posts

I thought the game in the works was Generals 2? Is there a C&C 5 announcement?

RA3 was totally derivative, but still any game that allows me to build 10+ gigantic laser shooting robot heads to exterminate the enemy (last japanese mission of the expansion) will be at least ok for me in the end.

Sentinel112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#9 Sentinel112
Member since 2006 • 571 Posts
There is a rumour that Bioware is working on C&C 5. Tiberium Sun and the expansion Firestorm was the best in the series (for me personally) Red Alert 3 was **** C&C 4 was even worse.
R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 R4gn4r0k  Online
Member since 2004 • 46279 Posts

When I saw the first gameplay & preview of C&C4 I was thinking only one thing: Why ?

I enjoyed all of the C&C games but 4 was a butchered game not resembling anything that made C&C good. I wouldn't play it even if it was free.

Try playing C&C3 TC, it still looks good and it is a very enjoyable game;)

There is a rumour that Bioware is working on C&C 5.Sentinel112

Not a rumour anymore. It was confirmed. C&C generals 2 is coming in 2013.

It's not the main Bioware teams making it (i.e. the teams that make the RPGs) it's a new studio within bioware.

Avatar image for i_saw_a_mudcrab
i_saw_a_mudcrab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 i_saw_a_mudcrab
Member since 2007 • 1015 Posts

i was disgusted

o0squishy0o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 o0squishy0o
Member since 2007 • 2802 Posts

I've seen a few things that it will be Generals 2 and bioware? I think are the team behindd it. Anyway it is reported to use the frostbite 2 engine (ala BF3).

Last decent CnC was generals/zero hour. Probably my favourite at that :) although Red Alert2 was insainly good as well :P

Johnny_Rock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13 Johnny_Rock
Member since 2002 • 40314 Posts

[QUOTE="MythPro1"]CnC hasn't been relevant to me anymore since Tiberium Sun and Generals. Not sure why everyone raved about Generals, I really didn't like it. RA3 was okay at best too. Noting beats Red Alert 2 or the original Red Alert :D. SF_KiLLaMaN
Generals was awesome. RA2 is still my favorite C&C game though. All of them up to an including C&C3 were great games to me. I still feel mixed about RA3.

Generals was my favorite C&C game of them all. Yes, even over RA2.

SF_KiLLaMaN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 SF_KiLLaMaN

I've seen a few things that it will be Generals 2 and bioware? I think are the team behindd it. Anyway it is reported to use the frostbite 2 engine (ala BF3).

Last decent CnC was generals/zero hour. Probably my favourite at that :) although Red Alert2 was insainly good as well :P

o0squishy0o
C&C3 was pretty good. The online was fun as hell even though I sucked at it.
cyborg100000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 cyborg100000
Member since 2005 • 2905 Posts

I wish they'd go back to a 2D art style but not cel-shaded or cartoon looking. I always thought the 2D C&C's had more personality than the 3D games which look kind of bland.

I'm glad they're working on another Generals - even though I'd probably prefer they deliver a fresh idea, but that's just asking too much from EA - but the Bioware name doesn't excite me, I get the feeling they're just using the name to try and repair the C&C image, but if they flop Bioware's image is closer to going down the drain.

guildclaws

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 guildclaws
Member since 2009 • 7921 Posts
The ending and Cinematics sucked [spoiler] Kane's dead??? yeah right!......... that was it??? THAT WAS IT???? :| also what the hell happened to the Scrins??? how come they just suddenly disappeared??? i thought they are planning a full scale invasion [/spoiler]
RoccoHout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 RoccoHout
Member since 2011 • 1086 Posts

CnC4 is by far the worst ouf of the series, but I think its CnC's ONLY bad game trough...

I'm glad they are going to make up for it with a badass new Generals game, I can't wait to hear more about it

shakmaster13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 shakmaster13
Member since 2007 • 7138 Posts
I actually like it more than Starcraft 2. The devs had some degree of balls for doing something like why they did with C&C4. Sure, there's not really much balance between units and you end up spamming units more often than not, but the gameplay mechanics were a refreshing change of pace from what I have come to expect from RTS games. This game along with Company of Heroes is one of the most innovative RTS games released this gen. I think the bad review scores and reception were more due to the huge difference in gameplay with previous C&C games as opposed to the actual quality of the game.
Miroku32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#19 Miroku32
Member since 2006 • 8666 Posts
For me, that game doesn't exist. The Tiberium timeline came to a halt after Kane's Wrath.
skrat_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 skrat_01
Member since 2007 • 33767 Posts
Yeah it isn't great; they tried to make it more of a Real Time Tactical - ala Ground Control and World in Conflict. Shame they didn't pull it off well.
Cwagmire21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Cwagmire21
Member since 2007 • 5896 Posts

I don't follow RTSes very much since they aren't my thing, but they thought it would be a good idea to make a RTS with no base building?

Um, what? :|

jakes456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 jakes456
Member since 2011 • 1398 Posts

are they still seriously making this game... Generals was the last ok game. The last good game was Red Alert 2. The original C&C was my 4th PC game back in 1995. Still one of the best games ever.

After Generals it all just went down hill. EA killed the C&C and RA franchise.

Westwood>EA

Johnny_Rock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#23 Johnny_Rock
Member since 2002 • 40314 Posts

C&C 4 made me consider suicide.

RoccoHout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 RoccoHout
Member since 2011 • 1086 Posts

are they still seriously making this game... Generals was the last ok game. The last good game was Red Alert 2. The original C&C was my 4th PC game back in 1995. Still one of the best games ever.

After Generals it all just went down hill. EA killed the C&C and RA franchise.

Westwood>EA

jakes456

But his time they're going to make up for it, they got a brandnew studio on the next game. We can only pray it will reload the RTS genre to its former glory