WarZ pulled from Steam

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Kendog87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Kendog87
Member since 2010 • 1111 Posts

Kind of..

No purchase option

Edit:

Yep

Official Statement

yellosnolvr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#2 yellosnolvr
Member since 2005 • 19302 Posts
i cant say i didnt see that coming
Rattlesnake_8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#3 Rattlesnake_8
Member since 2004 • 18452 Posts
Figured Valve would do that. They won't want to be associated with any of the scandle. And they won't want to leave it as other devs might try the same thing.
kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#4 kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts

Finally, glad it cannot be bought anymore.

I think all the NON VIDEOGAME sites doign articles about this helped ALOT.

Same with that wonderfully written gamespy article/interview! That was true journalism!

First time I ever lost respect for steam was this whole thing with WarZ, but them doing teh right thing and taking away the ability to sell mroe copies of the game was nice. I gained some of that respect back for steam after taking that crap down.

We as PC gamers TRUST steam to tell the truth in the games descriptions. not allow some scam to lie.

SKaREO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 SKaREO
Member since 2006 • 3161 Posts
I'm not at all surprised about this. I'm actually shocked that it made its way in the Steam Store in the first place. Shame on the people that were promoting that garbage. Shame on you!
SaltyMeatballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#6 SaltyMeatballs
Member since 2009 • 25165 Posts

No purchase option and removed from front page and top sellers.

However now everyone seems to be praising Valve on the Steam discussion page, failing to remember that Valve allowed this to happen in the first place, it shouldn't have happened.

• We still need answers as to what took so long (2 days) when the problems were apparent after a few hours on the store.
  • Why they allowed lies to be on the store page
  • Why the edit still had lies
  • Why searching "dayz" found War Z but searching "warz" found nothing

Valve are also in the wrong here, they were a complicit to this whole thing and took a 30% cut from this scam.

kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 kozzy1234

However now everyone seems to be praising Valve on the Steam discussion page, failing to remember that Valve allowed this to happen in the first place, it shouldn't have happened.

• We still need answers as to what took so long (2 days) when the problems were apparent after a few hours on the store.

Valve are also in the wrong here, they were a complicit to this whole thing and took a 30% cut from this scam.

SaltyMeatballs

Forbes already commented on this...

It was casued by the fact that this comany has another game on steam ALREADY (WAR INC). And steam has a process where if a company releases a game that doesnt have alot of complaints that there next game wotn need AS MUCH checking.

They obviously need to work on ther epolicy after this though.

SKaREO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 SKaREO

[QUOTE="SaltyMeatballs"]

kozzy1234

Forbes already commented on this...

It was casued by the fact that this comany has another game on steam ALREADY (WAR INC). And steam has a process where if a company releases a game that doesnt have alot of complaints that there next game wotn need AS MUCH checking.

They obviously need to work on ther epolicy after this though.

[quote="Doug Lombardi"]From time to time a mistake can be made and one was made by prematurely issuing a copy of War Z for sale via Steam. We apologize for this and have temporary removed the sale offering of the title until we have time to work with the developer and have confidence in a new build. Those who purchase the game and wish to continue playing it via Steam may do so. Those who purchased the title via Steam and are unhappy with what they received may seek a refund bycreating a ticket at our support site here: https://support.steampowered.com/newticket.php Again, we apologize any inconvenience.

From the Forbes Article Valve is not scamming anyone. They offer 100% refunds to their customers in cases like this.
Darth_Kane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9 Darth_Kane
Member since 2006 • 2966 Posts

SaltyMeatballs

Full refunds available

klusps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 53

#10 klusps
Member since 2005 • 10386 Posts

Valve, you did the right thing.

Farsendor1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Farsendor1
Member since 2012 • 462 Posts

valve is awesome!

kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 kozzy1234

Thank you valve

SKaREO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 SKaREO
 This entire project keeps getting even more ridiculous the longer I look at it.
Treflis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Treflis
Member since 2004 • 13757 Posts
Good Work Valve, it's never easy to admit a mistake but it is the correct thing to do in cases like this.
klusps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 53

#15 klusps
Member since 2005 • 10386 Posts

This entire project keeps getting even more ridiculous the longer I look at it.SKaREO
WTF:lol:

SaltyMeatballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 SaltyMeatballs

This entire project keeps getting even more ridiculous the longer I look at it.SKaREO
http://1-media-cdn.foolz.us/ffuuka/board/q/image/1346/56/1346565274845.jpg

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#17 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46188 Posts

Pulling the game and offering refunds is the only thing they could've done and I'm glad they did it.

dav2693

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 dav2693
Member since 2010 • 423 Posts

VICTORY!

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

FLAWLESS VICTORY!

QHEeU.gif

Mrcod11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Mrcod11
Member since 2003 • 3059 Posts

This has been possibly the most entertaining game launch I've seen.

Wanderer5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#21 Wanderer5
Member since 2006 • 25727 Posts

Oh man.:lol: Well good of Valve for pulling this off.

Toxic-Seahorse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Toxic-Seahorse
Member since 2012 • 5074 Posts

Wanderer5
They only did it after the outrage spread to global news sites. Hopefully now everyone that thought Valve were gods and better that everyone else in the gaming industry will shut up. They're a business like every other and will only do "the right thing" when they could potentially lose money.
sailor232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#23 sailor232
Member since 2003 • 6880 Posts

They had to do the right thing, every hour the game was on Steam it was hugely damaging there reputation. I am happy about a full refund though.

the_bi99man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#24 the_bi99man
Member since 2004 • 11465 Posts

[QUOTE="Wanderer5"]

Toxic-Seahorse

They only did it after the outrage spread to global news sites. Hopefully now everyone that thought Valve were gods and better that everyone else in the gaming industry will shut up. They're a business like every other and will only do "the right thing" when they could potentially lose money.

They're handing out refunds left and right. I think they're doing the right thing, and I'll give them the benefit of the doubt.

dracolich55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 dracolich55
Member since 2010 • 2343 Posts
Wait... whats all this hoopla about WarZ about?
Twisted14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#26 Twisted14
Member since 2007 • 3497 Posts
I still don't fully understand what the huge problem was. Yeah they had misleading info of the game on the store page that listed features of the game that weren't in YET. All they had to do was write a simple line saying the game is in beta and not all features are currently present. The guy in that interview was kind of right, but then all he had to do was admit the mistake and apologise. It wouldn't have been so bad if they just said they screwed up with the wording It doesn't seem like fraud to me, it just seems like they messed up. But then I guess there is the high possibility that they intentionally left that info out. More people would buy what they think is a full game rather than a beta. I try to give people the benefit of the doubt so don't think I'm purely defending them, I'm just trying to look at both sides here. But all this, along with stories of many random bans as well as some ridiculous microtransaction rip-offs. This is not a game I would want to buy and it's not a game that should be bought by anyone until it's finished. I also don't believe in paying for a beta in general, this should have just been free.
i_am_the_slime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 i_am_the_slime
Member since 2009 • 317 Posts

I still don't fully understand what the huge problem was. Yeah they had misleading info of the game on the store page that listed features of the game that weren't in YET. All they had to do was write a simple line saying the game is in beta and not all features are currently present. The guy in that interview was kind of right, but then all he had to do was admit the mistake and apologise. Twisted14

I think it's half the beta state of the game, half their draconian policies (bans, censoring, etc), and half that the game seems like a low effort (read: copied) money grab. Yes, 3 halves!

OgreB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 OgreB
Member since 2004 • 2523 Posts
The game was ugly, buggy and full of hackers. Not to mention all the missing stuff. The screenshots were very misleading...game is ugly...screenshots pretty. Random banning. Banning and post deletion by the WarZ mods in the STEAM forums...well post deletion anyway. Lifting of LoL EULA. Pay to play. Raising revive to 4 hours Unless you wanted to pay. Runs awful Lots of bugs..sliding a few feet down a hill causes health lose...a hill you could do in real life easily. In rough beta stage. Did I mention ugly..? And that's what I've just seen and heard.
Toxic-Seahorse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Toxic-Seahorse

[QUOTE="Toxic-Seahorse"][QUOTE="Wanderer5"]

the_bi99man

They're handing out refunds left and right. I think they're doing the right thing, and I'll give them the benefit of the doubt.

They are doing the right thing now, but only after global news sites started talking about it. If they really wanted to do the right thing, they would have pulled it shortly after the controversy started instead of keeping it up for more than a day. They just realized the national bad publicity might hurt them so they started doing what they should have done as soon as the whole controversy started.
Ricardomz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Ricardomz
Member since 2012 • 2715 Posts

Valve messed up but I ain't even mad for when they saw their consumers were not satisfied they made sure they do everything so that we could be satisfied once again. And that is what I love most on Valve, because it is a company that cares about the consumers.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#31 mrbojangles25  Online
Member since 2005 • 58270 Posts

at the risk of sounding like a Steam fanboy,

don't people do research before buying a game? Specifically, from third-party sites and stuff? You gotta do more than just look at the product description and go "oh, that looks good".

buyer beware.

As for Steam, theyre still my personal god, but hopefully they no make mistake like this again! No no no!

Toxic-Seahorse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Toxic-Seahorse

at the risk of sounding like a Steam fanboy,

don't people do research before buying a game? Specifically, from third-party sites and stuff? You gotta do more than just look at the product description and go "oh, that looks good".

buyer beware.

As for Steam, theyre still my personal god, but hopefully they no make mistake like this again! No no no!

mrbojangles25
It's kinda hard to not sound like a steam fanboy when at the end of your post you say you're a steam fanboy...
wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 wis3boi

best review for the game...ever

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=BUrKdAjN4DM

Avatar image for deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
Member since 2006 • 31700 Posts

This is great news. Me and countless others have been basically occupying the The War Z steam forums ever since it's been released.

My main issue is that all three store page updates(the first original listing, and the two updates) were falsely advertising the game.

I'm glad Steam took notice and did something about it.

Rattlesnake_8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#35 Rattlesnake_8
Member since 2004 • 18452 Posts
haha wis3boi that review was hilarious. "I give this a score of NO"
wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 wis3boi
haha wis3boi that review was hilarious. "I give this a score of NO"Rattlesnake_8
"Corruption, unbelievable greed, and breaking the law." 9.2/10 - IGN
SaltyMeatballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 SaltyMeatballs

I still don't fully understand what the huge problem was. Yeah they had misleading info of the game on the store page that listed features of the game that weren't in YET. All they had to do was write a simple line saying the game is in beta and not all features are currently present. The guy in that interview was kind of right, but then all he had to do was admit the mistake and apologise. It wouldn't have been so bad if they just said they screwed up with the wording It doesn't seem like fraud to me, it just seems like they messed up. But then I guess there is the high possibility that they intentionally left that info out. More people would buy what they think is a full game rather than a beta. I try to give people the benefit of the doubt so don't think I'm purely defending them, I'm just trying to look at both sides here. But all this, along with stories of many random bans as well as some ridiculous microtransaction rip-offs. This is not a game I would want to buy and it's not a game that should be bought by anyone until it's finished. I also don't believe in paying for a beta in general, this should have just been free.Twisted14
The point isn't that the game sucks or is lacking, it's that they were selling it as a release (version 1.0), no indication of it being an alpha or beta. You can't buy alpha or betas on Steam, you can pre-purchase a game to get access to it, but for War Z it wasn't pre-purchasing, it was the final game which was missing a lot of features stated on the store page.

Even after they edited the page some of the information was still wrong.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

[QUOTE="the_bi99man"]

[QUOTE="Toxic-Seahorse"] They only did it after the outrage spread to global news sites. Hopefully now everyone that thought Valve were gods and better that everyone else in the gaming industry will shut up. They're a business like every other and will only do "the right thing" when they could potentially lose money.Toxic-Seahorse

They are doing the right thing now, but only after global news sites started talking about it. If they really wanted to do the right thing, they would have pulled it shortly after the controversy started instead of keeping it up for more than a day. They just realized the national bad publicity might hurt them so they started doing what they should have done as soon as the whole controversy started.

They probably had to actually investigate things before they pulled the game. They couldn't just go off the internet rage of a bunch of nerds on reddit