Warhammer Online Launch Centre : Keep all discussion in here.

• 114 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

BushWacker69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#51 BushWacker69
Member since 2007 • 614 Posts
[QUOTE="BushWacker69"]

i think people should post links to vids of them on WAR, because i can't find anymore, and i can't get enough.

And im not in the Beta :(

SimpJee

Why not? Pre-order dat stuff man!

if only i could :( currently out of funds after purchasing a new computer. however i think i might after this friday, (when i get paid :P ) hopefully i'll see you there, if not in Beta then in the actual game. Going to be rolling a DE sorceress and probably something chaos as an alt.

YourOldFriend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#52 YourOldFriend
Member since 2005 • 4196 Posts

G013m, you should add this link to the HammerWiki to the main post so it's easy access.

http://warhammeronline.wikia.com/wiki/HammerWiki

ToughCookie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#53 ToughCookie
Member since 2003 • 25 Posts

FilePlanet just launched a way to get into the beta for those that don't preorder. I got my key and am waiting for the September 7th game play launch!

http://www.fileplanet.com/promotions/warhammeronline/

I'm just not sure about buying it yet cause I still play WoW. I'll use this as my gauge to move from WoW or not. :)

Cool thing is they're doing a pre-download event so I have my download and key. Now... just wait.

BSC14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 BSC14
Member since 2002 • 4187 Posts

Update for you guys...

http://vnboards.ign.com/warhammer_online_age_of_reckoning_general_board/b22997/108341444/p1/?114

Folks,

I'm currently working on a Preview Weekend Update (no pun intended). It is rather wordy but I hope to have it posted by the end of the day. In the meantime, we thank everybody who participated in the PW and we look forward to seeing you again real soon now. happy

Mark

Just editing in Mark's Update to top post so it's not missed happy

Folks,

Okay, it was a wild and crazy weekend in WAR and while some of you might be tempted to go all Samurai on us for a couple of the bugs, overall things went very, very well. As long-time readers of my notes now, I won't do a Nick Winters and we are anything but pathological liars so we'll always own up when we make a mistake and we made a couple here. So, let's talk amongst ourselves and have a little chat about the top nine list of the biggest issues and where we stand in regards to them.

(1) Client Crashes - I've talked about this as one of the reasons why we didn't release the NDA until recently. Here's the current status.
- Just a little too many currently. While we are better off than we were in beta, we must do better still before release.
- A number of players will lower spec machines had more CTDs than higher spec machines.
- Number of fixes already in pipeline. They are working their way through our testing servers and will be pushed to the players once they have been vetted internally.
- Engineering time for CTD issue has remained heavily committed; our top engineers are working on the various issues.

(2) Monster Pathing and AI - Well, what can I say other than not even all of King Tut's wealth could have made us feel better for messing up on this one. Well, maybe all his wealth. happy
- "Yes, that monster seems to be behaving a little oddly". Monster responsiveness was very sketchy, odd pauses and tethering issues.
- "Oh, was I supposed to go in that direction?" Pathing sometimes wonky - mobs get stuck or go in wrong direction.
- Utter confusion at times as both monsters and pets will engage and disengage seemingly at random
- Internal server optimizations last week broke the pathing/AI. And I mean really, really broke it. This truly was a "Opps, we broke this code" moment for us and we don't have many of them.
- Going to ensure that this problem is fixed this week. As I said in my first Preview Weekend, this is a major concern for us. Fortunately we have no underwater combat in this game or some of the NPCs may have been appropriately dubbed land sharks.

(3) Pet Responsiveness - With similar issues to Monster Pathing and AI, this was not our finest hour.
- Need to transfer "combat responsiveness" fixes to pets - have pet move immediately on button press.
- "Oh no, Mr. Bill!" Pets suffer from same pathing and lack of response as general monsters. Pets hopping around like they were headed to Del Staters.

(4) Global Cooldown Timers -This seems to be a hot topic for players to talk about. However, things aren't always as they seem.
- Reality and perception are two different things, Warhammer has a GCD of 1.4s, WoW has 1.5s
- "Ability not ready" messaging needs to be improve, a sound effect if Global Cooldown in effect, maybe more cowbell?
- Need to improve on the feeling of sluggishness of the GCD and UI. Bug with display where our timer shows 2s when it is really 1.4. We need to improve on anything that makes the UI feel more sluggish than it is.
- The next best thing to a queue is? We will add in better "slop timer" to allow players 0.3s extra to pre-queue a second ability followup.

(5) Better animations
- So much more coming in the next two versions of the client. We are currently incorporating serious amounts of new animations into the game. Hopefully nobody will sneak a coneheads model into the game.
- Look at what my XXXX does now? Over the next month we will address many ****attack specific issues across all 20 careers.
- "U think you can dance?" Nope, but we have added new racial animations for movement, fidgets and redid some emotes.

(6) Texture Blurring
- Textures are currently cached in a manner that results in blurriness on entering a region.
- We will look at adding a client scalar.

(7) Client Performance - This is one of those issues
- Need better scalers on effects, sounds, graphics, etc to help lower end machines (already lots of additions to coders)
- This thing loves memory like Dan Aykroyd loves bass. We have already improved the memory consumption of the client and taken 100M out of current test best.

(8) Targeting, Camera, etc
- Currently our targeting system differs from many MMOs in terms of our features and how we go about things. We will identify and make a more standard initial setup but allow flexibility.
- Will add additional keybinding selections to allow flexibility

(9) Renown rank gear
- Unfortunately, a new bug (well an old bug we fixed and then managed to break again) which allowed Rank 10 RR 6 players can go to Tier 2 to get better gear and then come back to Tier 1 and own scenarios. We are currently working on a fix.

I hope you enjoyed the Preview Weekend and we thank you for your interest and we hope, patronage of our game.

Guess what folks, that's the news and I am outta here!

Mark

P.S. You wanted SNL references, you got SNL references, lots and lots. happy See if you can spot them all. Hopefully, I get lots of bonus points...

Johnny-Quest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 Johnny-Quest
Member since 2003 • 14487 Posts

I will stick with WoW thanksTobio19

Thank God you told us that. I was really concerned if you were going to stick with wow or play war. Thank you so much for posting in this thread, you really made a huge contribution!

BSC14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 BSC14
Member since 2002 • 4187 Posts

[QUOTE="Tobio19"]I will stick with WoW thanksJohnny-Quest

Thank God you told us that. I was really concerned if you were going to stick with wow or play war. Thank you so much for posting in this thread, you really made a huge contribution!

lol...I was thiking the same thing. Dang WoW fans are so blind to anything else.

Cenerune

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 Cenerune
Member since 2008 • 588 Posts

Played in the preview weekend and honestly, it blew up my expectations out of the game. While there is indeed bugs (beta duuuh), features wise it has a lot to offer and as i like to say, WoW was a step into mmos but WAR is the next step. Anyone bashing it blindly cant understand what is so great about it until they play it. If they manage to fix the bugs you encounter once in a while, it will be great.

The quests in generals are appealing and really fit into the atmosphere, no more random fetch me 15 boar livers for stew quest who link to fetch me 20 buzzard feathers quest. The tome of knowledge is plain amazing, i dont think anyone can argue, it is an incredible feature. Public quest are brilliant, no more need to create pickup groups who arent even trying, if you want a chance to loot you better participate. Skill wise, i played black orc and you cannot spam a skill and be efficient thanks to the combo mechanics and every class have their own little mechanics which give a lot of flavor. Sadly, i haven't had a chance to do any RvR so i cannot comment on that.

Velocitas8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 Velocitas8
Member since 2006 • 10748 Posts

Sadly, i haven't had a chance to do any RvR so i cannot comment on that. Cenerune

If you liked the other aspects of the game, you're in for a treat. RvR is the best part of the game imo (and obviously the focus) -- both scenarios and open-world RvR are amazingly fun..this coming from someone who spent most of his time (during the Preview Weekend) sitting in the back of RvR groups and healing :P

PC360Wii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 PC360Wii
Member since 2007 • 4658 Posts
So how does Mythic intend to fix this imablance of factions?
Velocitas8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 Velocitas8

So how does Mythic intend to fix this imablance of factions?PC360Wii

Population caps were in testing last I heard. If implemented, once a faction reaches a certain level of population dominance on any given server (say, 30% more active Destruction players than Order), you will no longer be able to create new characters on the side of that faction until it evens out (you'll just have to look for another server if you want to play on the locked faction.)

Hopefully, however, the server populations will balance out naturally when the game goes retail. Everyone seems to be rolling Destruction, though. Destruction seems like the "Alliance" of Warhammer (which is why I'm steering clear, even though I was set on rolling a Zealot initially.)

shakmaster13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 shakmaster13
Member since 2007 • 7138 Posts

[QUOTE="PC360Wii"]So how does Mythic intend to fix this imablance of factions?Velocitas8

Population caps were in testing last I heard. If implemented, once a faction reaches a certain level of population dominance on any given server (say, 30% more active Destruction players than Order), you will no longer be able to create new characters on the side of that faction until it evens out (you'll just have to look for another server if you want to play on the locked faction.)

Hopefully, however, the server populations will balance out naturally when the game goes retail. Everyone seems to be rolling Destruction, though. Destruction seems like the "Alliance" of Warhammer (which is why I'm steering clear, even though I was set on rolling a Zealot initially.)

become a warrior priest!

Velocitas8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 Velocitas8

become a warrior priest!shakmaster13

WPs seem pretty interesting. I'm probably going to make an Archmage once retail hits, but I'm trying out a few other classes during the Open Beta..WP will likely be one of them. I'm really only interested in Healers & Tanks.

da_monsta12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#63 da_monsta12
Member since 2006 • 666 Posts
Hi guys I'm looking forward to this game a lot but it will be only my second PC game (starcraft) so I'm genreally new. I'm not a computer freak, I actually don't know too much at all about them, but my question is, can you play this game on an average everyday computer, or do you need graphics boxes and high tech stuff? My com is an hp i don't exactly know which one though but I got it last decemberish and it was fairly new then. Thanks in advance. By the way, I'm going Balck Orc if my com can handle it :P
Levrar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 Levrar
Member since 2004 • 1286 Posts
Hi guys I'm looking forward to this game a lot but it will be only my second PC game (starcraft) so I'm genreally new. I'm not a computer freak, I actually don't know too much at all about them, but my question is, can you play this game on an average everyday computer, or do you need graphics boxes and high tech stuff? My com is an hp i don't exactly know which one though but I got it last decemberish and it was fairly new then. Thanks in advance. By the way, I'm going Balck Orc if my com can handle it :Pda_monsta12
Select Warhammer Online from the list on this site.
UKLTLEMON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 UKLTLEMON
Member since 2006 • 2030 Posts
i realy want to get collectors editon but the uk website says its sold out everywhere in uk so should i wait and see if 1 becomes available or preorder regular? and does any1 know the monthly charge?
Kiljoy66

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 Kiljoy66
Member since 2008 • 481 Posts

You've pretty much missed the CE boat by now since the game is going OB next month, only thing you can do now is do the preorder.

the_one34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 the_one34
Member since 2004 • 1105 Posts
I remember in 2006 looking forward to the Q2 2007 release haha...I just might pick this one up ;)
weirjf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#69 weirjf
Member since 2002 • 2392 Posts
I picked "going to wait for a while after release" but luckily I just got my open beta key which should help me switch to either 'getting day of release' or 'not interested'. IMO, if you can't make a great MMO based on the Warhammer universe... you shouldn't be making games.
sircyrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 sircyrus
Member since 2003 • 6358 Posts

[QUOTE="da_monsta12"]Hi guys I'm looking forward to this game a lot but it will be only my second PC game (starcraft) so I'm genreally new. I'm not a computer freak, I actually don't know too much at all about them, but my question is, can you play this game on an average everyday computer, or do you need graphics boxes and high tech stuff? My com is an hp i don't exactly know which one though but I got it last decemberish and it was fairly new then. Thanks in advance. By the way, I'm going Balck Orc if my com can handle it :PLevrar
Select Warhammer Online from the list on this site.

The minimum/recommended specs are very misleading. It wont run well on lower end systems. I'm either equal to or just above the requirements in every category, and my PC doesn't run it.

As a result, I've ordered a new one.

I like this game that much :P

G013M

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 G013M
Member since 2006 • 6424 Posts

Ok, first post is updated guys, thanks YourOldFriend for the wiki link, and oh and Simp, I checked out the youtube links, but they're just production video podcasts, which you can find in the other videos link I've got in the OP; plus they're a year old, so it's bound to have changed by now :).

Oh and guys, I've got something planned for all open-beta participants coming up real soon (not withstanding events uncontrollable by me :P). Did I hear someone say Game Meet? :D

BushWacker69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 BushWacker69
http://www.wardb.com/ is another fantastic warwiki/database :D
PC360Wii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 PC360Wii

http://www.wardb.com/ is another fantastic warwiki/database :DBushWacker69

Excellent, its good to se these pop up so early.

BushWacker69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 BushWacker69
it's disturbingly comprehensive as well, it makes it seem like people actually comleted everything during Beta.
PC360Wii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 PC360Wii

it's disturbingly comprehensive as well, it makes it seem like people actually comleted everything during Beta.BushWacker69

For a PvP focused game im not suprized if it lacks long term grind substace. However couldnthis information be data mined and not actually played? I though the beta levels only wnt to 20?

BushWacker69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 BushWacker69

[QUOTE="BushWacker69"]it's disturbingly comprehensive as well, it makes it seem like people actually comleted everything during Beta.PC360Wii

For a PvP focused game im not suprized if it lacks long term grind substace. However couldnthis information be data mined and not actually played? I though the beta levels only wnt to 20?

i have no idea if it could've been data mined, although i do know that there was a higher tier level beta where people could start using a character model from rank 31.

Velocitas8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 Velocitas8

[QUOTE="BushWacker69"]it's disturbingly comprehensive as well, it makes it seem like people actually comleted everything during Beta.PC360Wii

The PW was capped at Rank 20.

Closed Beta went to Rank 40 though, if I'm not mistaken.

Not all game content was in place, though..especially on the PvE side of things, according to what I've heard from CB testers.

Nolan16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#78 Nolan16
Member since 2006 • 4022 Posts

cant wait for the 7th i already got my stuff pre downloaded just waiting for the 7th so i can log in and update the patch and play. Im a huge warhammer fan i'll be a Witch hunter purge the unclean.

rikuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 rikuna
Member since 2005 • 141 Posts

I just recently found out about this game. But after seeing a trailer of the game it really got me interested and i have been looking up info on it since. though im gonna have to wait awhile before i can play the game after its released.

Since the current computer i have probably wouldnt run it too great. And i wont be building my new comp until around mid november. Im really hoping this game is as awesome as it sounds though.

Avatar image for dan-rofl-copter
dan-rofl-copter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 dan-rofl-copter
Member since 2008 • 2702 Posts
it has only recently that its interested me in it maybe because i have been looking for a new mmo i might give it a try
Nolan16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 Nolan16
6 days away and counting...
PC360Wii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 PC360Wii

cant wait for the 7th i already got my stuff pre downloaded just waiting for the 7th so i can log in and update the patch and play. Im a huge warhammer fan i'll be a Witch hunter purge the unclean.

Nolan16

Hmm, I thought mine was broke, ive installed the beta, but the patcher does nothing, I guess its locked?

t3ch82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 t3ch82
Member since 2004 • 42 Posts

Hmm, I thought mine was broke, ive installed the beta, but the patcher does nothing, I guess its locked?

PC360Wii

Open beta doesnt start till... the 7th =)

PC360Wii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 PC360Wii
[QUOTE="PC360Wii"]

t3ch82

Aye I know, but when I log in to the patched it just says "Patcher is starting" then never continues. is that normal?

BushWacker69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 BushWacker69
i'm guessing there are seperate EU(UK specific) and US servers, but was wondering who's going to join me on EU server because i'm going to need some of you now "vets" to help me out, im used to Warhammer, but i have never ever played an MMO.
t3ch82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 t3ch82
Member since 2004 • 42 Posts
[QUOTE="PC360Wii"]

Aye I know, but when I log in to the patched it just says "Patcher is starting" then never continues. is that normal?

PC360Wii

Yeppers.

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#87 Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts
[QUOTE="t3ch82"][QUOTE="PC360Wii"]

PC360Wii

Since servers are down tell the 7th theres really nothing to update yet, hence why patcher starts but doesn't continue.

Anyways 6 more days!, I need to keep myself busy this week :(.

slimeball999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 slimeball999
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

A week ago i pre-ordered a copy of WAR and have yet to receive my beta or bonus in-game item codes by email, phone, or any other means of communication. I checked the media library and it says i have content to download, yet there is no link or option that would allow me to do so, could someone shed some light on this? thanks.

SimpJee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 SimpJee
Member since 2002 • 18309 Posts

A week ago i pre-ordered a copy of WAR and have yet to receive my beta or bonus in-game item codes by email, phone, or any other means of communication. I checked the media library and it says i have content to download, yet there is no link or option that would allow me to do so, could someone shed some light on this? thanks.

slimeball999

Where did you pre-order from?

slimeball999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 slimeball999
[QUOTE="slimeball999"]

SimpJee

i pre-ordered from Amazon.
SimpJee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 SimpJee
[QUOTE="SimpJee"][QUOTE="slimeball999"]

slimeball999

I'd call customer support, they're 24/7 and really nice. They should get the emails out to you after that hopefully.

blueturtle13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 blueturtle13
Member since 2004 • 130 Posts
I have been in closed beta for a long time and I dont like it at all....Stopped playing awhile ago....=/ eh didnt interest me at all...Would rather have a guild wars account to play lol
Nolan16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 Nolan16

I have been in closed beta for a long time and I dont like it at all....Stopped playing awhile ago....=/ eh didnt interest me at all...Would rather have a guild wars account to play lolblueturtle13

oh really i would of traded you a guild wars account for a closed beta account darn =(

PC360Wii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 PC360Wii
So whats the best place to find Information? say the equivilant to MMOchampion for WOTLK?
slimeball999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 slimeball999
[QUOTE="slimeball999"][QUOTE="SimpJee"][QUOTE="slimeball999"]

SimpJee

I'd call customer support, they're 24/7 and really nice. They should get the emails out to you after that hopefully.

I guess ill try that, i emailed them 3 days ago and havent gotten a response yet. thanks for the help
Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#96 Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

So whats the best place to find Information? say the equivilant to MMOchampion for WOTLK?PC360Wii

http://www.wardb.com/ (I have to say this is the best one)

http://warhammeralliance.com/

or

Official site

http://warhammeronline.com/

buckizard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#97 buckizard
Member since 2003 • 51 Posts

If you participated in 1st preview weekend, you can patdch your client and begin playing on 9/5/08, 2 days before Open Beta. Course if you were there, you probably already are.:D

From Mythic site:

WAAAGH!!!

WAR is Coming and the world is ready. Hundreds of thousands of players will descend upon the Age of Reckoning this Sunday, September 7th.

In order to make this world-wide event the best it can be we're welcoming all Preview Weekend attendees back for two more days to rev things up and get the party started. We invite all Preview Weekend players to join us for Preview Weekend+ this Friday, 9/5 and Saturday, 9/6 starting tomorrow morning.

This epic weekend will be one to remember as you herald in Open Beta and the Age of Reckoning to the entire world!

The tides of WAR are coming...we'll see you on the battlefiled!

And today: 09-05-2008

WAAAGH!!!

Preview Weekend+ has started allowing the 100,000 testers to return for a final systems check before the big day this Sunday, September 7th.

This is an exciting weekend for all of us and we're happy to have you all on board. We can't wait for Sunday and it will come sooner than you think!

See you on the Battlefield,
- The Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning Team

SimpJee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 SimpJee
Niiiiiiiice. Win, I'll start playing tonight! :D
PC360Wii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 PC360Wii
:( enjoy, EU doesnt even ahve its beta key registration up let alone working patcher.
Johnny-Quest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 Johnny-Quest
Member since 2003 • 14487 Posts
Can I play now? I only have open beta.