Warhammer Online Beta??

This topic is locked from further discussion.

WiiNut6493

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 WiiNut6493
Member since 2007 • 538 Posts

I got up a 5:00 This morning to find out i had to wait another hour to get in beta. so i wait and when the count down ends and i click to get a code it tells me i have to subscribe and be a paying member of fileplanet to get in the beta. I thought it said open Beta. can someone tell me if the beta will become open to the regular non paying member???

kodai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 kodai
Member since 2003 • 924 Posts
Most people are very confused by this, because it keeps geeting listed as an open beta. Today is not the start of the open beta. It's for FilePlanet subscribers only. More or less it's a pre server stress test. Almost like clockwork the open beta's after a fileplanet subscriber beta, happen about a two week to one month period. The only other option is for you to subscribe to FilePlanet and get your key (if they are still giving them out).
demortez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 demortez
Member since 2008 • 112 Posts
I preordered the game, went to fileplanet, entererd my preorder key, and they told me it was authenicated. i DLed the beta files yesterday when i pre-ordered the game, but when i try to log into the patcher, i still get the same message.
PC360Wii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 PC360Wii
Member since 2007 • 4658 Posts

Most people are very confused by this, because it keeps geeting listed as an open beta. Today is not the start of the open beta. It's for FilePlanet subscribers only. More or less it's a pre server stress test. Almost like clockwork the open beta's after a fileplanet subscriber beta, happen about a two week to one month period. The only other option is for you to subscribe to FilePlanet and get your key (if they are still giving them out). kodai

Now youve confused me further, this beta is also for all pre-orders that offer this deal right? like Direct 2 Drive.

Either way, the EU data banks are down, and you cant even log onto the game yet.... and it was suppose to start today, nearly 2:30PM in france already ( Assuming thats the time used ).

kodai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 kodai
Member since 2003 • 924 Posts

If I understand the way FilePlanet is doing this, then its the way they always do their betas. The FilePlanet subscribers get access to the closed beta for a couple of days. Then the preorder people on D2D get to join in on the "open" beta. The D2D beta will run until the launch and you will get to keep your characters, where as FilePlanet subscribers will not get to keep their characters and have only a couple of days play.

Also if you are a FilePlanet subscriber and a D2D buyer then you may have to download the FilePlanet beta client for the Fileplanet access and then download the full preorder client for the D2D open beta access. This is the part I'm unsure of, but that is more often the way it works with them. Downloading both versions and accessing multiple betas. Either way, you have at most a few more days to wait if you dont get into this server stress, closed beta. Then you get a head start on building your character before everybody else. Currently I'm patching and getting ready to play in a few more minutes.

kasmirwoods84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 kasmirwoods84
Member since 2006 • 39 Posts

Yes the open beta is for all file planet subbies and preorders.

open beta for public will prolly begin in a couple weeks but prolly longer

PC360Wii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 PC360Wii
Member since 2007 • 4658 Posts

Yes the open beta is for all file planet subbies and preorders.

open beta for public will prolly begin in a couple weeks but prolly longer

kasmirwoods84

In a couple of weeks? the game releases in 11 days. I'm sure this open beta is the same for all forms of access?