Warcraft 4 Eventually?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

GsSanAndreas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 GsSanAndreas
Member since 2004 • 3075 Posts
Im really annoyed that Blizzard kinda left the Warcraft RTS hangin,  WoW is great im sure, but im never gonna play it.   Are ther any plans for a Warcraft 4? and wat about Starcraft 2? Diablo 3?
LiLsLashy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 LiLsLashy
Member since 2006 • 1082 Posts
Diablo 3: Yes, in 2012 or so
Starcraft 2: Probably
Warcraft 4: LOL - **** no
GsSanAndreas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 GsSanAndreas
Member since 2004 • 3075 Posts
LiLsLashy

why no Warcraft?
sumarr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 sumarr
Member since 2006 • 944 Posts
Even Duke Nukem Forever "could" come our eventually so yeah it will probably come out. I wouldn't be holding my breath anytime soon. WoW is just too big of a cash cow for Blizzard right now.
darklord888

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 darklord888
Member since 2004 • 8382 Posts
LiLsLashy
Diablo 3: within 3 years
Starcraft 2: 2 years
Warcraft 4: 2013+ :(
LiLsLashy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 LiLsLashy
[QUOTE="LiLsLashy"]Diablo 3: Yes, in 2012 or so
GsSanAndreas

why no Warcraft?

Blizzard is making so much money off of WoW, I doubt they will revert back to the Warcraft RTS formula. As it is, they have postponed sequels to both Starcraft and Diablo indefinately. I'm sure they would revisit both those franchises and release a sequel to WoW before they would ever even consider a Warcraft RTS. If you haven't played WoW--you should. The "I can't afford the monthly fee excuse" is negated by the fact that you will not have to purchase another game for about a year due to the mind-boggling amount of content.
StephenHu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#7 StephenHu
Member since 2003 • 2852 Posts
there might be a Warcraft 4 eventually, when a new ultimate MMORPG dethrones WoW, which is highly unlikely as they will keep releasing expansion packs. The next non WoW game they will be releasing will probably be Starcraft:Ghost for the next gen consoles
Acidrain1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Acidrain1988
Member since 2006 • 603 Posts
i dont think blizzard will make any games untill WoW starts losing intrest, which isnt happening
PharaohsVizier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 PharaohsVizier
Member since 2004 • 889 Posts
Well where I am, WoW is losing interest quick. The sad thing is, Maplestory is king here...
Teuvan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Teuvan
Member since 2003 • 10151 Posts
Well where I am, WoW is losing interest quick. The sad thing is, Maplestory is king here...PharaohsVizier

I'm not sure where you live, and I'm not sure that I want to know.
1337_ownage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 1337_ownage
Member since 2006 • 1668 Posts
[QUOTE="GsSanAndreas"][QUOTE="LiLsLashy"]Diablo 3: Yes, in 2012 or so
LiLsLashy

why no Warcraft?

Blizzard is making so much money off of WoW, I doubt they will revert back to the Warcraft RTS formula. As it is, they have postponed sequels to both Starcraft and Diablo indefinately. I'm sure they would revisit both those franchises and release a sequel to WoW before they would ever even consider a Warcraft RTS. If you haven't played WoW--you should. The "I can't afford the monthly fee excuse" is negated by the fact that you will not have to purchase another game for about a year due to the mind-boggling amount of content.

well.....they needed to be a rts in the first place or else it wont work out
LiLsLashy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 LiLsLashy
Well where I am, WoW is losing interest quick. The sad thing is, Maplestory is king here...PharaohsVizier

Where do you live? Hello Kitty Island?? Maplestory is king nowhere.
Hewkii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Hewkii
Member since 2006 • 26339 Posts
The next non WoW game they will be releasing will probably be Starcraft:Ghost for the next gen consolesStephenHu
and maybe this if we're lucky.
Knight_JD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Knight_JD
Member since 2004 • 49 Posts
Don't expect any new game soon.... it's been ~10 years fans are waiting for a starcraft 2 and ~6years for a Diablo 3.
oscar530

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 oscar530
Member since 2005 • 4430 Posts
not warcraft 4 yet i want them to make a starcraft 2 first then move on to warcraft
snipercomplete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#16 snipercomplete
Member since 2005 • 126 Posts
maybe Warhammer Online will change all the warcraft people, i hope, then blizzard will start to go bankrupt and work on starcraft 2 and diablo 3 and warcraft 4, or maybe not. but if not, they will in at least 50 years.
A-S_FM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#17 A-S_FM
Member since 2004 • 2208 Posts
blizzard isn't exactly well-known for starting new IPs up, and it's a certainty that they're currently working on at least one - and more than likely - two non-wow products right now

in all likelyhood, starcraft 2 and diablo 3

but it's very possible that their pupils have turned to dollarsigns and that cha-ching sound comes up like in the old cartoons, and they're gonna try and piggyback warcraft 4 out on the tidalwave of wow's success - how many of the 7-8 million wow players would buy wc4 with no prior rts experience or interest? a ton

in the end though, everything is conjecture - is blizz even working on a non-wow product? we have no idea - and is that product gonna be another mmo? we have no idea - it's certainly in blizzard's best financial interest to put out a complimentary (but definitely not replacement) mmo, so something set in the starcraft world would be more likely, given the swords and sorcery fantasy setting that diablo and warcraft share makes them more rivals than complimentary

we can only measure in percentages - i think it's likely we'll see official announcements on both d3 and sc2 this year, with release dates around 2009 - warcraft 4 is probably on the back burner for a long time, given that wc3 was the last blizz game pre-wow and that wow is itself an ongoing warcraft project (but at the same time, they may wanna piggyback on the success of wow and when better to put out a new game than to coincide with a film release?) - there's just too many ways it can go

but one thing is (nearly) certain, warcraft 4 will eventually come
LiLsLashy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 LiLsLashy
maybe Warhammer Online will change all the warcraft people, i hope, then blizzard will start to go bankrupt and work on starcraft 2 and diablo 3 and warcraft 4, or maybe not. but if not, they will in at least 50 years.snipercomplete

I agree with you that Warhammer Online has a chance to take WoW's crown. I'm not a big Warhammer fan at all, yet I feel their holistic and familiar approach may just make for an incredible MMO experience. Age of Conan is looking to be a niche title that will only cater to a specific audience, and every other upcoming MMO looks pretty lame.
LiLsLashy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 LiLsLashy
they may wanna piggyback on the success of wow and when better to put out a new game than to coincide with a film release?A-S_FM

If Blizzard releases another Warcraft game to coincide with their film release, they will lose all my respect.
Avatar image for dreamandday3164
dreamandday3164

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 dreamandday3164
Member since 2007 • 70 Posts
[QUOTE="PharaohsVizier"]Well where I am, WoW is losing interest quick. The sad thing is, Maplestory is king here...Teuvan

I'm not sure where you live, and I'm not sure that I want to know.

Dude, I feel ya. Out here me and a groub of 4 friends pwn wow, while everyone else is like LOL F4GZ I PLAY MAPLESTORY N00BZZZ WOW SUX
laineter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 laineter
Member since 2006 • 815 Posts
I think they would do for a better WOW. I don't know with the other games like diablo, maybe they just stick first on WOW bcoz there's a lot of gamer craving for this game. I know you don't like WOW maybe you try it first before you continue disliking this game. It's really a good and fun game. :D
DDX2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#22 DDX2
Member since 2004 • 6316 Posts
please....let Warcraft be alone for awhile. Its a great franchise, but its getting way too much over-exposure. the past four games Blizzard has put out are Warcraft games. bring back Starcraft!
godofratz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 godofratz
Member since 2005 • 398 Posts
According to GS, Blizzard announced at the Burning Crusade launch in London that they haven't forgotten about Diablo and Starcraft but have no desire to do anything Warcraft related. Something new will be available in a decade.

Its going to be a long time.
StephenHu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 StephenHu
Member since 2003 • 2852 Posts
If my nerdy fantasy gaming dreams come true, blizzard will announce starcraft 2 as a surprise on its decade anniversary in 2008.
timma25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 timma25
Member since 2005 • 1131 Posts
We must kill off the WoW fans to make Blizzard realize that there are people put there that play good games, games like the ones they used to make... back when they made games rather than make servers for games.
accord100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 accord100
Member since 2005 • 442 Posts
please....let Warcraft be alone for awhile. Its a great franchise, but its getting way too much over-exposure. the past four games Blizzard has put out are Warcraft games. bring back Starcraft!DDX2

Affirmative, I can't wait for Starcraft 2. The Warcraft universe needs a break man.
Erlkoenig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Erlkoenig
Member since 2006 • 715 Posts
Food for thought: the people who are making games at Blizzard right now are not the same who made your beloved Starcraft or Diablo.
BounceDK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#28 BounceDK
Member since 2005 • 7388 Posts
They are too busy milking World of Crappycraft.
Avatar image for the_real_jspark
the_real_jspark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 the_real_jspark
Member since 2003 • 218 Posts
WoW is dying off. I started playing the game the day it was released and played up to expansion pack. The expansion pack never offered me anything new as I was looking for something new. WoW was nothing but an addiction. It was a simple game with simple graphics and even simple armor designs. I've seen lvl 20 weapons that looked better then 60 rares and even on occasion epics. The sooner people realize that they spend too many hours playing for no reason aside from the good feeling you get when you satisfy your addiction, the sooner people will move on and I think that's happening with the first wave of players from the original.

Ok this was offtopic so I'll comment on Warcraft 4. I'm sick of anything warcraft related and would much rather see starcraft/diablo.
luciosu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 luciosu
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts
Ma e marfa jocul dar a abagat eroi aia in plus care sunt naspa rau asta ma inerveaza la el in rest e marfa. bv lor
gs_gear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 gs_gear
Member since 2006 • 3237 Posts
Diablo 3    E3   2007

Starcraft 2   Q4  2008

Warcraft 4   2010
kostyakuzmin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#32 kostyakuzmin
Member since 2006 • 1817 Posts
Probably there will be Starcraft 2.....maybe Diablo 3.... And I am pretty sure there will not be any more Warcraft RTS...
xyoojguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 xyoojguy
Member since 2003 • 1102 Posts
I hope Starcraft 2 finally comes out.. I mean it been almost 10 years now and Blizzard never leave a franchise hanging for almost 10 years.. Anyways I hope Starcraft 2 comes out at least by the end of this decade or I'll be mad!!..
gnutmi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 gnutmi
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
there wont be any warcratft 4. even now almost half of the gamers left w3 for WOW or GW and the other w3 players play it only  for DOTA the best map ever. 
Jstur14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Jstur14
Member since 2004 • 140 Posts
It would be nice to see them get made but I wouldn't expect it anytime soon
Eadara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Eadara
Member since 2006 • 2163 Posts
[QUOTE="A-S_FM"]they may wanna piggyback on the success of wow and when better to put out a new game than to coincide with a film release?LiLsLashy

If Blizzard releases another Warcraft game to coincide with their film release, they will lose all my respect.

Even if WAR is better the chance that it'd take the crown is about as slim as the chance that HALO will be brought to it's knees. Right now, WoW has a bigger name recognition than warhammer in most of the world.
Skage44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Skage44
Food for thought: the people who are making games at Blizzard right now are not the same who made your beloved Starcraft or Diablo.Erlkoenig

Wrong.  Blizzard North created diablo, and they dont exist anymore.
CrystalNox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#38 CrystalNox
Member since 2003 • 128 Posts
COMEON..DIE WoW, or diablo 3 and warcraft 4 and starcraft 2 will never the light of day..
arangadillo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 arangadillo
Member since 2005 • 702 Posts
Another problem might be is that they have no idea what to do with those games. Do they stick with arcade style RTS, Go for a more involved RTS like (Total War), Do they go action game, or Do they do an RPG? I don't think many people will be satisfied with a point and click RPG like diablo, nor would they be satisfied with an RTS like star craft. About a half a year ago there was a lot of hype about "NEXT GEN" this and that. However the only aspect of gaming that has improved are graphics. Innovative games and new genres have been lacking. I can't imagine that we will see any Blizzard games (on the PC) until the next new thing is out. For example there is a Star Trek MMO coming out, it obviously will flop commercially BUT if the game can create a decent space MMO atmosphere I wouldn't be surprised to see a World of Star craft come out eventually. I think WoW took a leap of faith with WoW and they made it to the other side. Sometimes when a company jumps they don't always make it.
MattUD1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 MattUD1
Member since 2004 • 20715 Posts
Hopefully, but with WoW, still racking in big bucks, it's very, very unlikely.
SirWeymont

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 SirWeymont
Member since 2006 • 175 Posts
there might be a Warcraft 4 eventually, when a new ultimate MMORPG dethrones WoW, which is highly unlikely as they will keep releasing expansion packs. The next non WoW game they will be releasing will probably be Starcraft:Ghost for the next gen consolesStephenHu
I don't see it happening. Starcraft MMO, but not a next-gen game.
Avatar image for the_ChEeSe_mAn2
the_ChEeSe_mAn2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 the_ChEeSe_mAn2
Member since 2003 • 8463 Posts
Personally I do not think Warhammer Online and Age of Conan will steal even a third of its population due to the current huge popularity in WoW. To all those who think WoW is "dying" off just because they lost interest, I beg to differ. My former 4 guilds (checked their websites recently) all have been commenting on their forums how people in their realms are all still fascinated by the new exp. pack and won't quit anytime soon. That said I really would like to see Starcraft 2. I do not know what possibly new could Diablo 3 bring, but I am sure Starcraft 2 could be something different.
Erlkoenig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Erlkoenig
Member since 2006 • 715 Posts
[QUOTE="Erlkoenig"]Food for thought: the people who are making games at Blizzard right now are not the same who made your beloved Starcraft or Diablo.Skage44

I fail to see how that made my statement wrong.
lkryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 lkryan

Starcraft would be out soon :)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apple TV Converter

http://www.appletvconverter.net

Avatar image for Captain__Tripps
Captain__Tripps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Captain__Tripps
Member since 2006 • 4523 Posts
[QUOTE="Skage44"][QUOTE="Erlkoenig"]Food for thought: the people who are making games at Blizzard right now are not the same who made your beloved Starcraft or Diablo.Erlkoenig

Well, if Blizzard North created Diablo, and not Starcraft or Warcraft, that means Blizzard North no longer existing does not affect all the games being made by Blizzard. Of coarse I have no idea the status of the orginal Starcraft or Warcraft devs, or who might still be left.
Ebougile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Ebougile
Member since 2005 • 2168 Posts
Knowing Blizzard, you can probably expect to see Warcraft 4 by 2020.
graham_celtic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 graham_celtic
Member since 2006 • 1190 Posts
I hope so but its extremely unlikely. 
Skage44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Skage44
[QUOTE="Skage44"][QUOTE="Erlkoenig"]Food for thought: the people who are making games at Blizzard right now are not the same who made your beloved Starcraft or Diablo.Erlkoenig

Wrong. Blizzard North created diablo, and they dont exist anymore.

I am so retarded, sorry. I read your comment wrong, I thought you said they are the same people. I didnt see the word "not" up there. lol