TheHeelShow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 TheHeelShow
Member since 2019 • 7 Posts

Hey guys, it's been a year since I bought this pc for a cheap price (around 190$) and I'm looking forward to upgrading it this summer. What would you recommend me to upgrade the current one or to buy a new PC. Specs are below:

Acer Veriton M4620G

Core i5-3470 3.2 GHz

8GBs of DDR3 RAM (4 RAMs with 2GB each)

NVIDIA GeForce GT 730 2GB DDR5

I know the PC is old but I had a worse pc than this so I bought this one without really looking for other options, mostly used to make edits and play FIFA, Batman,etc

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

What's your budget? Your upgrade options will be more diverse with a new mobo, but the cost jumps a lot over just slapping a new GPU in it and limping along

TheHeelShow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 TheHeelShow

@xantufrog: Maybe it won't be much of an upgrade with this budget, but it could be from 300$ to 500$

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4  Edited By xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

In that case my opinion would be to get an SSD and a new GPU. Those will likely give you a big bang for that buck while your i5 processor is probably still ok-ish (I'm not familiar with the performance of that era intel CPUs)

*edit* your i5 seems fine to me - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YaSsAGq25gM. So I'd go with the SSD and GPU with that budget. You could get an RX580 and a decent size SSD easily

TheHeelShow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 TheHeelShow

@xantufrog: Thanks for your feedback, I really appreciate it, will see other people's opinions and then will decide as I have some months time to decide.

mastershake575

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By mastershake575
Member since 2007 • 8574 Posts

Even though your CPU is old it's still like 3x faster than the CPU in the consoles. If you just want to play games at 1080p then it's good enough.

I wouldn't do a full rebuild this late into the generation unless you have high needs. Where going on year 7 of this generation, a decent i5 paired with a mid tier video card will play majority of games on very high settings 1080p

SSD (which have gotten significantly cheaper the last few months), a new GPU (RX580 or 1060 6GB) and a new powersupply will all 3 be in your price range and make your system last till the next generation of consoles roles around.

osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 osan0
Member since 2004 • 17813 Posts

yup also going to chip in with the same advice to be honest: RX 580 or GTX 1060 GPU and an SSD.

your CPU is pretty solid. It's old but it can still effectively keep an RX 580 or GTX 1060 working away.It wouldn't be any sort of major bottleneck.

GPU first and go as big as you can on the SSD. games are quite big today in terms of GB. It's also something you can carry forward to your next PC so a good SSD now could save you money later.

your PC with a GTX 1060 or RX 580 would be a very good gaming PC for 1080P gaming.

rayman1221

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 rayman1221
Member since 2019 • 1 Posts

Upgrading the PC is totally dependent on you as which type of configuration is required for you. The thing is that which kind of game you want to play and what configuration the games are required of. I have also upgraded the PC but after the update, the PC is not getting connected to the printer and it is showing Epson error code 031008 and I have to take help from https://epsonsupports.net/blog/resolve-epson-error-031008/

Grey_Eyed_Elf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Grey_Eyed_Elf
Member since 2011 • 7970 Posts

A GTX 1660 Ti goes for $280 and a Western Digital Blue 1TB SSD goes for $120-130 and is bang for the buck in terms of size/performance/price for a SSD... Will set you back $400 and will drastically improve your gaming performance and PC speeds.