Wanting to create a new original FPS

This topic is locked from further discussion.

scorchingitup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By scorchingitup
Member since 2010 • 170 Posts

If you are interested in creating a FPS with ideas very different to others, check out my site. Email me if you are keen to help!

http://dorksterful.wix.com/clearihan

trastamad03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 trastamad03
Member since 2006 • 4859 Posts

I'm currently in the process of making my own game and all I have to say is, don't proceed with this project of yours right now. It's too complex for you.

I honestly suggest you design and get a general idea of how to make a game with something really simple and not complexe. You don't need to release it, you don't need to make it public, but make something really simple.

Simple... Funny word. For beginners the simplest thing is a hurdle the size of a mountain.

Answer me this. Do you even have a Game Design Document? I'm not talking about the lame ass 4 page ones. I'm talking about a proper GDD that pretty much covers everything about your game from A to Z.

If the answer is no, then before even bothering to make a website that's full of stolen material, you should work on that. It's pretty much the most important part of games development. Without it, your team won't know what to base their projects on.

Another thing is, people who are really willing to sacrifice their time for your project, will at least want to have something to base their work on. If you don't have a GDD or the simplest idea on how to manage your team, I'm sorry to say it, but your game is not going anywhere anytime soon.

For your and your teams sake (if people volunteer for you), start with something simple.

Fire_Wa11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#3 Fire_Wa11
Member since 2008 • 600 Posts

You should call it Fire Wa11. And make it all about...Fire Wa11! Fire Wa11 waking up. Fire Wa11 cooking breakfast then shooting some bad guys. Fire Wa11 kickin' doors down. Fire Wa11 pimpin' hos and slammin' cadillac do's. So, where are you on all this?

8-Bitterness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 8-Bitterness
Member since 2009 • 3707 Posts

Sounds totally lame and boring, you talk about nothing. Can't expect people to support such a bad idea and the inspirations really don't make sense.

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#5 GeryGo  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 12675 Posts

Graphically looking good, but it all depends on storyline and gameplay.

RevanBITW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6  Edited By RevanBITW
Member since 2013 • 739 Posts

Hahahahahaha yeah lets make an indie low-budget Titanfall. And that's a nice way to put it. You're clearly someone who has no idea how to make a game. Indie games are generally small in scale because it's the only realistic way to go with a small team of people, and you sound like you're going to try to make what apparently would be a large-scale game on your own. This is beyond stupid.

scorchingitup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#7 scorchingitup
Member since 2010 • 170 Posts

Yeah, you are all right. I couldn't make this.