Vista is crap for gaming :(

This topic is locked from further discussion.

istuffedsunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 0

#1 istuffedsunny
Member since 2008 • 6991 Posts

If you're interested in playing your typical shooters you'll probably be satisfied but if you like playing Japanese eroge you'll be missing XP big time. Out of about 8 games I've installed so far less than half can work on Vista. Avoid this OS

-Unreal-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#2 -Unreal-
Member since 2004 • 24650 Posts

What is Japanese eroge? Maybe it's that game that has the problems, and not Vista. So far I've not had any retail game fail to work on Vista.

Deadly_Fatalis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 Deadly_Fatalis
Member since 2006 • 1756 Posts
I don't know about you, but I've played a couple of eroges just fine on Vista.
dnuggs40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 dnuggs40
Member since 2003 • 10484 Posts
According to wiki eroges are erotic games...rofl. Yeah...great advice...avoid Vista because you can't play poorly developed pervert-ware haha.
knight0151

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 knight0151
Member since 2008 • 1205 Posts

Erotic ware.

I don't think much budget goes into them.

Nice fail thread there.

soliderPp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 soliderPp
Member since 2004 • 1991 Posts

If you're interested in playing your typical shooters you'll probably be satisfied but if you like playing Japanese eroge you'll be missing XP big time. Out of about 8 games I've installed so far less than half can work on Vista. Avoid this OS

istuffedsunny

I would imagine that it's user error not the OS that's the problem. I've yet to find a game that I can't run on Vista with a little work. Even games as old as Wolfenstine 3D work on Vista. I would scan though google there's probably some information on there that can get your games up and running.

NoAssKicker47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#7 NoAssKicker47
Member since 2004 • 2855 Posts

What you mean is that Vista isn't for crap games.

Daytona_178

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Daytona_178
Member since 2005 • 14962 Posts

This topic is ful of fail! Fancy telling us how old these games are?

Krayzie_3334

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Krayzie_3334
Member since 2006 • 1303 Posts

According to wiki eroges are erotic games...rofl. Yeah...great advice...avoid Vista because you can't play poorly developed pervert-ware haha.dnuggs40

Lmao! I just did a google search and brought me too the wiki page... TC if your into that stuff well.. I honestly don't know what to say.:?

And TC too your statement "Vista is crap for Gaming" I've had no problems with it that couldn't be fixed with a fast search all my games work Fine with Vista even my older Mid-Late 90s Games run fine on it.

bowlingotter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#10 bowlingotter
Member since 2005 • 6464 Posts

I know it's overly resource-intensive and sets a new standard for OS overhead, but I still believe Vista gets a bad rap. At least it's stable, and TS, Vista is fine for gaming. Just buy a lot of memory.

funked_up

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 funked_up
Member since 2009 • 716 Posts
1. Install Windows 7 RC (yes! it's free!) 2. Use XP compatibility mode 3. ???? 4. PROFIT!
Avatar image for invinciblesuman
invinciblesuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#12 invinciblesuman
Member since 2004 • 156 Posts

I have been playing pc games for a long time now.. and i suppose the best games run fine on it.

Other games lying on the fringes might be "Games NOT for windows" and hence have problems.

I still think vista is more than ok

Zam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Zam
Member since 2002 • 2048 Posts

[QUOTE="dnuggs40"]According to wiki eroges are erotic games...rofl. Yeah...great advice...avoid Vista because you can't play poorly developed pervert-ware haha.Krayzie_3334

Lmao! I just did a google search and brought me too the wiki page... TC if your into that stuff well.. I honestly don't know what to say.:?

And TC too your statement "Vista is crap for Gaming" I've had no problems with it that couldn't be fixed with a fast search all my games work Fine with Vista even my older Mid-Late 90s Games run fine on it.

I know it has nothing to do with this thread (which is lame anyways) but where is that gif in your sig from? lol

knight0151

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 knight0151
Member since 2008 • 1205 Posts

[QUOTE="Krayzie_3334"]

[QUOTE="dnuggs40"]According to wiki eroges are erotic games...rofl. Yeah...great advice...avoid Vista because you can't play poorly developed pervert-ware haha.Zam

I know it has nothing to do with this thread (which is lame anyways) but where is that gif in your sig from? lol

Chapelles show. OR something.

Google it, it's pretty funny.

Zam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Zam
Member since 2002 • 2048 Posts

[QUOTE="Zam"]

[QUOTE="Krayzie_3334"]

knight0151

I know Dave Chappelle. I was talking about the gif in his sig not his avatar

bowlingotter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 bowlingotter

[QUOTE="knight0151"]

[QUOTE="Zam"]

Zam

I know Dave Chappelle. I was talking about the gif in his sig not his avatar

Kung Pow. ridiculous movie

Villi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Villi
Member since 2004 • 29 Posts

1. Install Windows 7 RC (yes! it's free!) 2. Use XP compatibility mode 3. ???? 4. PROFIT!funked_up

Agree!!... got Win7 right now.. and it Rocks!!

Vista = Windows millenium
Win7 = Windows XP

;)

Krayzie_3334

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Krayzie_3334

[QUOTE="Krayzie_3334"]

Zam

Kung Pow.

bowlingotter

Blasphemy!:P

But yea the movie isn't for everyone I however Love the movie, I like allot of Steve Oedekerk Movies and the Thumbmations.:lol:

bowlingotter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 bowlingotter

[QUOTE="bowlingotter"]

Krayzie_3334

Blasphemy!:P

But yea the movie isn't for everyone I however Love the movie, I like allot of Steve Oedekerk Movies and the Thumbmations.:lol:

Don't get me wrong, I think it's absolutely hilarious. But you can't deny that it's utterly ridiculous

Krayzie_3334

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Krayzie_3334

[QUOTE="Krayzie_3334"]

bowlingotter

Don't get me wrong, I think it's absolutely hilarious. But you can't deny that it's utterly ridiculous

Yes that it is. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mqrtCLU6A54, Cracks me up everytime.:lol:

SaintJimmmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 SaintJimmmy
Member since 2007 • 2815 Posts
problems with vista and gaming? this has never happened before!
blade55555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#22 blade55555
Member since 2005 • 1116 Posts

istuffedsunny

lol I can run games like AoC (age of conqeurors) actually I can run the whole age of empires series no problems. I can run the old Red alert 1 no problems. I can run starcraft without any problems... Perhaps your computers just scrap or something because I have never had any issues running games especially older ones.

dbd333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 dbd333
Member since 2004 • 508 Posts

I'm pretty sure if I went from Vista to XP I'd be gaining another 30 FPS on my games.

mthe1337one

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 mthe1337one
Member since 2005 • 2539 Posts

any dedicated pc gamer probably has a LOT of memory in their rigs anyway...vista should be fine. i personally wouldn't mind installing vista on my system for the sake of DX10 support, but unfortunately the only OS i legitimately own is xp heh

dnuggs40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 dnuggs40
Member since 2003 • 10484 Posts

I'm pretty sure if I went from Vista to XP I'd be gaining another 30 FPS on my games.

dbd333
You would be wrong.
EvilClownHar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#26 EvilClownHar
Member since 2009 • 74 Posts

Vista runs fine for me with my games.

bowlingotter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 bowlingotter

dbd333

If you have any more than 2 GB of RAM, nah

Byshop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#28 Byshop  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 20504 Posts

istuffedsunny

A) It works fine.

B) It was 2009 when I went to sleep last night, did I wake up in 2006? This topic has been done to death on this and every other gaming forum on the Internet.

-Byshop

crazymonkey092

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#29 crazymonkey092
Member since 2005 • 974 Posts

[QUOTE="dbd333"]

bowlingotter

If you have any more than 2 GB of RAM, nah

Actually, in Trackmania Nations Forever, i gained about 10-30FPS and a tinybit more in some areas when I went from Vista x64 to Windows XP. And I have 4gbs of ram, plus a laptop that was meant only for Vista x64 since it has no Official XP drivers. But I simply tried Vista for as long as I could, and while I wont say it sucks, its a pretty good, stable OS. But you wont see me using it for games. Im a High FPS person, I have to have all the frames i can get to enjoy a game. So while most ppl wont notice, or be bothered to lose frames. For me, its just not worth it, not even a 5fps lost is worth Vista.
chandu83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#30 chandu83
Member since 2005 • 4864 Posts
I don't understand. Vista works fine for me with all my games and I have been playing games like Pharaoh and so on. Its a great OS.
Byshop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#31 Byshop  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 20504 Posts

Actually, in Trackmania Nations Forever, i gained about 10-30FPS and a tinybit more in some areas when I went from Vista x64 to Windows XP. And I have 4gbs of ram, plus a laptop that was meant only for Vista x64 since it has no Official XP drivers. But I simply tried Vista for as long as I could, and while I wont say it sucks, its a pretty good, stable OS. But you wont see me using it for games. Im a High FPS person, I have to have all the frames i can get to enjoy a game. So while most ppl wont notice, or be bothered to lose frames. For me, its just not worth it, not even a 5fps lost is worth Vista.crazymonkey092

Being a laptop user, your results are far more likley the result of driver support between the two operating systems on your particular hardware configuration than a raw difference between the two OS's overhead.

-Byshop

NSR34GTR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 NSR34GTR
Member since 2007 • 13179 Posts
vista is fine
Zemus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Zemus
Member since 2003 • 9304 Posts

Oh man thats Funny lol.

But seriously. Vista is fine. Ive sorta been forced into it the last year cause of PC Problems and Vista handles the Hardware Failures better than XP does by a HUGE margin.

Vista runs all my games fine with no problems. Even old ones. I have found I have better control on OLDER games with Vistathan I did with Xp because you get so many more compadibility options.