Vista Help for my Laptop

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Zigmond1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 Zigmond1
Member since 2005 • 334 Posts
I've got a laptop that has a little sticker on the corner that says Windows Vista Capable. I was wondering if this means it is free or not and if it is free where to go to get it. What will Vista do to my laptop? I didnt know what other forum to ask on so I decided to ask here. By the way its a Dell INSPIRON 1501
thanatose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#2 thanatose
Member since 2003 • 2465 Posts

Since your laptop is a Dell, you'd have to contact Dell's tech support. More than likely you'll have to pay for it but it is usualy cheaper than going out and buying it new. Another benifit of getting it directly from Dell is the drivers are already on the disc and you can get warranty support for it.

blank_wave13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 blank_wave13
Member since 2006 • 349 Posts
It means that you are able to install vista onto your laptop, and no it is not free although that would be really nice. Vista won't do anything to your laptop, but depending on your specs it could run slower than it did on XP. What are your exact specs?
austin9992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 austin9992
Member since 2007 • 37 Posts
lol personally even if it was free I wouldnt get it yet, and even if you get it I wouldnt install it yet.  Waaay to many bugs and plus if your a heavy gamer, you might be disappointed to find out you may not be able to play certain ones
fynne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 fynne
Member since 2002 • 8078 Posts
Definitely NOT free.  All that sticker says is that your PC is powerful enough to run Vista.....maybe.....ok.....probably.  I'd hold off until you get some software/game that can use Vista.
Dogswithguns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#6 Dogswithguns
Member since 2007 • 11359 Posts

I just got a new laptopPC myself, over two weeks now, it has Win Vista basic......I have to say Vista is kinda buggy at some places(nothing pops up everytime when I click on some clickable in my email). Tho Vista looks really nice, it's better than XP, but still does the same anyway.

Wait till later to get it.