Vista back to XP....

This topic is locked from further discussion.

BeckT08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 BeckT08
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts
I recently purchased a new PC with Vista Premium installed. I then found out not one single game I have will play, even under admin boot. I know, silly me. Well, my question is....since there are patches for Halo 2 and Shadowrun to run on xp, is there another patch for other games to run on xp? ...or do i need to search each indidvual game site for this? I know i could install XP and dual boot, but i was hoping not to have to do this, but if necessary, i will. Any help with this?
Peter_Darkstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Peter_Darkstar
Member since 2003 • 1091 Posts

Shadow Run and Halo 2 are the only vista only games.

And probably will be the only vista only games for a while, seeing as how so far Games for Windows has failed miserably.

Deihmos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 Deihmos
Member since 2007 • 7819 Posts

What games do you have that do not work?

Why would you want to play Halo 2 or Shadowrun with no multiplayer? I find what you say hard to believe unless you are playing some ancient games.

Blackfriend8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Blackfriend8
Member since 2004 • 1982 Posts
um idk why none of your games work on vista what games are u talking about because every game i have works on vista. i have oblivion, supreme commander, starcraft, neverwinter nights 2, battlefield2, command and conquer 3 ,counter-strike, half-life2. what games dont work on urs mabye your doing something wrong?
irelevent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#5 irelevent
Member since 2005 • 1497 Posts
its nice to see that forum trolls are alive and well! notice how he did'nt tell usevenone of his games that "does not work"
theking52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#6 theking52
Member since 2004 • 2560 Posts

its nice to see that forum trolls are alive and well! notice how he did'nt tell usevenone of his games that "does not work"irelevent

watch it be one of those people who don't even have vista but just say that cuz they head someone else say it. those kind of people really REALLY piss me off.

Erlkoenig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Erlkoenig
Member since 2006 • 715 Posts

[QUOTE="irelevent"]its nice to see that forum trolls are alive and well! notice how he did'nt tell usevenone of his games that "does not work"theking52

watch it be one of those people who don't even have vista but just say that cuz they head someone else say it. those kind of people really REALLY piss me off.

It goes both way, ya know, with the fanboys and the naysayers.

Wartzay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Wartzay
Member since 2006 • 2036 Posts

I dunno if this is silly... but since I'm guessing you bought a prebuilt pc... did you check to see if that it actually has a real video card? No I dont mean a crappy ATI express 1150 256mb hypermemory.

end serious.

Are you trying to pull our legs? Not one game you own works and it is a store bought computer? You obviously have some computer knowledge since you know what dual booting is. Stop spreading FUD about vista. It has its share of problems but it doesnt deserve all the stuff said about it.

Also, irelevent/theking:

BeckT08
Level 4
Paper Boy

theking52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#9 theking52
Member since 2004 • 2560 Posts
[QUOTE="theking52"]

[QUOTE="irelevent"]its nice to see that forum trolls are alive and well! notice how he did'nt tell usevenone of his games that "does not work"Erlkoenig

It goes both way, ya know, with the fanboys and the naysayers.

Very true. But in this case its the latter, that's why I only mentioned that. I personally like Vista and haven't really noticed any slowdowns compared to XP.

BeckT08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 BeckT08
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts

calm down....peeps...

I'm not bashing Vista. So far, So good, for everything not related to gaming. I can't get the following games to work....Star Wars BF 2..old game, i know

Gothic 3, which i'm reading on another site now,

F.E.A.R.

Quake 4

Arx ..old games, i know. I'm in the process of putting another video card in the next week or two...so, i know that might help, but, again....READ the OP...i wasn't complaining..i was asking for info...but thx for your kind words.

junaid15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 junaid15
Member since 2005 • 1163 Posts
fear and quake 4 both worked for me on vista.
PullTheTricker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12 PullTheTricker
Member since 2006 • 4749 Posts
Switch back to XP... /problem solved
delirin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13 delirin
Member since 2003 • 745 Posts
FEAR is one of the only games that actually runs FASTER on vista. I have no idea why it wouldn't be working for you... update your drivers possibly?
Darkserpent08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#14 Darkserpent08
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

you could duel boot with XP on a vista, but you have to make sure that the manufacturer of each piece of hardware has drivers for XP and Vista from the manufacture, otherwise you will have 2 non-functional systems running on a computer, pretty pintless if you get to that,

your best bet is to find a PC that is XP-vistacapable, but so far the only computers iv found like that are Sony VAIO..

but you can get a virtual machine that my be able to run several games including SOME no many, but some DOS games too.

either way you go, good luck and if you have any questions you think i might be able to answer just PM me and ill reply to you ASAP.. =)

once again, Good luck

Paul T. Gheorghe

DS08 - PG

thanatose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#15 thanatose
Member since 2003 • 2465 Posts
I'm currently playing Gothic 3 on Vista the only problems I'm having with it are the same problems I had with it in XP. I've also been able to get FEAR to work just fine in Vista also. So far the only games I've had any trouble with are Jade Empire, vista keeps changing the save game folder to read only, and Thief: The Dark Project, it doesn't work with a dual core processor.