Using Tv as a PC monitor

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Grease_Bits

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 Grease_Bits
Member since 2004 • 2352 Posts
I have a Toshiba REGZA 26' 26HL47 and I'm currently trying to use it as a monitor. I have the correct VGA cable for it, the problem is though once the computer gets past the Windows logo into the login screen the tv just starts to flickering in black and I can't see a thing. I try to change some settings on the tv but while to screen is flickering it won't allow me to access it for more than a milisecond. Any idea's?
Viseroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Viseroid
Member since 2003 • 42 Posts
Have you tried changing the adapter settings on your computer's end? Also, are you trying to use it as your primary monitor or a secondary monitor?
haitian1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 haitian1
Member since 2005 • 186 Posts
you'll have to go into you computers display control panel and setup watch display to use
Yorro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#4 Yorro
Member since 2007 • 715 Posts

HD TV's has limited option for a resolution. And probably your default resolution is not compatible to the TV.

I advice you go to safemode and change the resolution from there. Try to check the manual to find out the resolution of your TV.

Grease_Bits

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Grease_Bits
Member since 2004 • 2352 Posts

HD TV's has limited option for a resolution. And probably your default resolution is not compatible to the TV.

I advice you go to safemode and change the resolution from there. Try to check the manual to find out the resolution of your TV.

Yorro

Got into safe mode, but I don't understand as to how to change to resolution. Control panel?

EDIT, thanks for the info. It seems the TV can't run at my default res so I had to downsize it. Kinda of a drag, but still good. Thanks.