Unofficial Guild Wars 2 Thread Version 2.0.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1101 Posted by illmatic87 (17933 posts) -
I bet those 2 Warriors are doing more DEEPS by pressing 111111111211111111121111111112 over those precise-but-rewarding reflect abilities.
#1102 Posted by Kh1ndjal (2754 posts) -
I bet those 2 Warriors are doing more DEEPS by pressing 111111111211111111121111111112 over those precise-but-rewarding reflect abilities.illmatic87
1 is on auto-cast so it's more like 1[wait a few seconds]21[wait a few seconds]21
#1103 Posted by Jenn1ifer (25 posts) -
It was a great journey to go through and yet there still tons of stuff to do
#1104 Posted by trastamad03 (4859 posts) -
[QUOTE="trastamad03"]

Dueling was fun last night! :D Even though I sucked.

I hope they introduce private dueling servers or something where we can both participate and watch (have the whole group in 1 area)

illmatic87
you wernt that bad in actual fighting :P. Blame your Flesh golem running around attacking my clones :> Private custom servers are coming in the custom server renting feature coming sometime soon. Will probably allow for it. But like i've said to another user, most 5v5 lobbys have something similar going on to give tournament players something to do while they wait for their match.

Awww thanks dude! :D Ya, Fleshy's dumber than a paperclip... (is that even a saying?) I guess the server renting is payed monthly? Any ETA on when we'll get that feature :o?
#1105 Posted by illmatic87 (17933 posts) -
I've heard that saying before. I think "dumber than a paperclip" refers to how much of a captain obvious that MS Office paperclip was, and how it never went away even if you told it to. Dunno when custom servers are gonna be available. Anet have been pretty open speaking about the feature, which is odd, as they are usually tight lipped about stuff.
#1106 Posted by illmatic87 (17933 posts) -
[QUOTE="illmatic87"]I bet those 2 Warriors are doing more DEEPS by pressing 111111111211111111121111111112 over those precise-but-rewarding reflect abilities.Kh1ndjal
1 is on auto-cast so it's more like 1[wait a few seconds]21[wait a few seconds]21

I still press 1 even though my 1 skill are on autoattack :C.
#1107 Posted by BrunoBRS (74156 posts) -
[QUOTE="Kh1ndjal"][QUOTE="illmatic87"]I bet those 2 Warriors are doing more DEEPS by pressing 111111111211111111121111111112 over those precise-but-rewarding reflect abilities.illmatic87

same lol.
#1108 Posted by Wanderer5 (25727 posts) -

[QUOTE="illmatic87"][QUOTE="Kh1ndjal"] 1 is on auto-cast so it's more like 1[wait a few seconds]21[wait a few seconds]21BrunoBRS

same lol.

Me too.:P

And yay the Feb update is almost upon us.

#1109 Posted by trastamad03 (4859 posts) -

[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"][QUOTE="illmatic87"] I still press 1 even though my 1 skill are on autoattack :C.Wanderer5

same lol.

Likewise... I smell a trend here... Any ideas if there will be class balance and what not?
#1110 Posted by Wanderer5 (25727 posts) -

[QUOTE="Wanderer5"]

[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"] same lol.trastamad03

Likewise... I smell a trend here... Any ideas if there will be class balance and what not?

I don't think there has been much talk about class balancing this month, so it might just be small stuff.

#1111 Posted by BrunoBRS (74156 posts) -
[QUOTE="Wanderer5"]

[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"] same lol.trastamad03

they usually do make some balance and bug fixing, they just never talk about it until you read the patch notes. who knows, maybe by 2014 necros will be good for something :P
#1112 Posted by trastamad03 (4859 posts) -
[QUOTE="trastamad03"][QUOTE="Wanderer5"]

BrunoBRS

they usually do make some balance and bug fixing, they just never talk about it until you read the patch notes. who knows, maybe by 2014 necros will be good for something :P

Hey hey... We're good at unleashing retarded pets! That's an achievement... :D
#1113 Posted by Will47 (6824 posts) -

Very cool sneak peak at the new Guild Missions. Sounds like it will take some time for us to get some of this unlocked. We dont spend influence very often (as for as I know) and we have stored up 60K....we're going to need alot more by the end of this :P

http://www.guildwars2hub.com/guides/basics/complete-guide-guild-missions

#1114 Posted by BrunoBRS (74156 posts) -

Very cool sneak peak at the new Guild Missions. Sounds like it will take some time for us to get some of this unlocked. We dont spend influence very often (as for as I know) and we have stored up 60K....we're going to need alot more by the end of this :P

Will47
it's not like we'll need anything higher than tier 1, given how tier 1 is designed for guilds with 10 or so active people at once >.>
#1115 Posted by Will47 (6824 posts) -

[QUOTE="Will47"]

BrunoBRS

it's not like we'll need anything higher than tier 1, given how tier 1 is designed for guilds with 10 or so active people at once >.>

To my understanding you unlock higher tier with Merits anyway. Or did I get that wrong?

I wouldn't trade our ten for any number of more active people. If you do want more we could try recruiting in game, but you'll likely get people that stick for about a week.

#1116 Posted by Will47 (6824 posts) -
I think I find this link even more interesting than the last, looks like I may get my Rampager gear after all :D http://www.incgamers.com/2013/02/guild-wars-2-flame-frost-update-hands-on/
#1117 Posted by Wanderer5 (25727 posts) -

Patch notes are up!

The changes for AC sound pretty good especially with the Ghost Eater (it nice that you going to have to use the mortars, instead of them just being there and weren't really needed). Also some nice improvements with the Flamethrower.

And what this about a Plush Charr Backpack?!

#1118 Posted by trastamad03 (4859 posts) -

Patch notes are up!

The changes for AC sound pretty good especially with the Ghost Eater. Also some nice improvements with the Flamethrower.

And what this about a Plush Charr Backpack?!

Wanderer5
Either I'm drunk/high or ANET FINALLY fixed some Necro traits and buffed us... Hwhat!
#1119 Posted by BrunoBRS (74156 posts) -

[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"][QUOTE="Will47"]

Will47

To my understanding you unlock higher tier with Merits anyway. Or did I get that wrong?

I wouldn't trade our ten for any number of more active people. If you do want more we could try recruiting in game, but you'll likely get people that stick for about a week.

you need merits AND influence. i like our "close family" guild relation, but i'd like it if we had even more people that were part of this group. it's not like we started with all those people active. hell, vess was part of the "original" crew, left, and came back because of one absurd coincidence.
#1120 Posted by Wanderer5 (25727 posts) -

gw2-plush-charr-backpack-2.jpg

MUST... RE... SIST!:x

#1121 Posted by Wanderer5 (25727 posts) -

Well it looks like they went towards a ghostbusters thing for the Ghost Eater lol. Basically you need to drag the oozes with these weapons (at least one person lifting and another pulling) into the traps to power the traps up in order to get GE out of his ghost form till his health is gone. He also throws AoE that stacks vulnerability  fast, so overall he more challenging yet more interesting, through it still need some work (like he keeps getting stuck if he around a whole bunch of oozes after he goes back into ghost form).

41B6794ADB84A9DCCC2ED80EA945E37A8D9B8EA1

Other differences I notice in the run: The Spider Queen's AoE last longer, the gravelings' encounters change a bit (like the one after the spider queen, where they remove the scavengers and replace with a stalker), and the breeders seem to have less health.

Also gave in into getting a Charr backpack.:P Wish it was a bit bigger on my charr but I love it.

#1122 Posted by Kh1ndjal (2754 posts) -
[QUOTE="Will47"]

[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"] it's not like we'll need anything higher than tier 1, given how tier 1 is designed for guilds with 10 or so active people at once >.>BrunoBRS

you need merits AND influence. i like our "close family" guild relation, but i'd like it if we had even more people that were part of this group. it's not like we started with all those people active. hell, vess was part of the "original" crew, left, and came back because of one absurd coincidence.

i could join the guild. Both my guilds are either too inactive or always representing another. I can do everything except wvw while guesting right? i could even transfer later if much wuvwuv was going on.
#1123 Posted by BrunoBRS (74156 posts) -
[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"][QUOTE="Will47"] To my understanding you unlock higher tier with Merits anyway. Or did I get that wrong?

Kh1ndjal

i could join the guild. Both my guilds are either too inactive or always representing another. I can do everything except wvw while guesting right? i could even transfer later if much wuvwuv was going on.

Sure, just drop your name.
#1124 Posted by Ondoval (3103 posts) -

Not happy with the changes in the patch; daily achievements now takes overall more time, which prevents to invest that time in more fun/productive aspects of the game. But I'm particulary annoyed with the changes in the Ascalon Catacombs: bosses are now a lot harder and take longer to be defeated, which means that now a lot of pug groups will not let low level/undergeared characters to be part of their teams, preventing un-guilded players to level in this dungeon.

I find it very damaging due almost every other dungeon is either a ghost town (Caudecus, Embrace, Twilight to some extent) of demands too much level to be a useful way to level. Soon Citadel path 1 and the three paths from Honor will be the only popular dungeons, due how fast/profitable are.

#1125 Posted by D4W1L4H (1765 posts) -

Found myself a new staff last night :D

AE7781B2715404942C2A2D7451186ADEFCC500B3

C4BF72C923584351460D7C474922CC56662404B5

It dropped from the Shadow Behemoth event in Queensdale.

Sort of disapointed i didn't sell it for 185g when i had the chance, now the buy order price is down to 35g, and i'm only expecting it to drop. :(

#1126 Posted by illmatic87 (17933 posts) -
You could have sold it, bought it back and dumped that extra gold into influence. You suck Aphro :cry:
#1127 Posted by D4W1L4H (1765 posts) -

You could have sold it, bought it back and dumped that extra gold into influence. You suck Aphro :cry:illmatic87

IT'S TOO LATE D:

I didn't know the price would drop so quickly! Let bygones be bygones I supose. :(

#1128 Posted by Kh1ndjal (2754 posts) -
[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"] Sure, just drop your name.

my ign is Demonsong
#1129 Posted by BrunoBRS (74156 posts) -
so final rest actually exists? Also if it drops from shadow behemoth, why did one of the devs say that realistically, it would take about 7 months before one dropped? also SHAME ON YOU for not helping the guild in our time of need :x
#1130 Posted by trastamad03 (4859 posts) -
[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"]so final rest actually exists? Also if it drops from shadow behemoth, why did one of the devs say that realistically, it would take about 7 months before one dropped? also SHAME ON YOU for not helping the guild in our time of need :x

Cause at that time, the drop rate was extremely low. They just bumped it's drop rate up and now it's everywhere, so it's not as unique as people made it out to be.
#1131 Posted by trastamad03 (4859 posts) -

Well it looks like they went towards a ghostbusters thing for the Ghost Eater lol. Basically you need to drag the oozes with these weapons (at least one person lifting and another pulling) into the traps to power the traps up in order to get GE out of his ghost form till his health is gone. He also throws AoE that stacks vulnerability  fast, so overall he more challenging yet more interesting, through it still need some work (like he keeps getting stuck if he around a whole bunch of oozes after he goes back into ghost form).

41B6794ADB84A9DCCC2ED80EA945E37A8D9B8EA1

Other differences I notice in the run: The Spider Queen's AoE last longer, the gravelings' encounters change a bit (like the one after the spider queen, where they remove the scavengers and replace with a stalker), and the breeders seem to have less health.

Also gave in into getting a Charr backpack.:P Wish it was a bit bigger on my charr but I love it.

Wanderer5

The Last Fight alone took as long as doing the dungeon twice (excluding the last boss) But i liked it, it was fun aside from the part where Ghost Eater just stood there and bugged out.

#1132 Posted by Wanderer5 (25727 posts) -

The Last Fight alone took as long as doing the dungeon twice (excluding the last boss) But i liked it, it was fun aside from the part where Ghost Eater just stood there and bugged out.

trastamad03

Yeah if he stop standing still, then that fight will go pretty smoothly. Overall through we did pretty fine even with a couple sub 80 level players. Some people are acting like that path is insane or something lol. There seems to be a ton of lag in that dungeon now through like in the flooded temple and entering the great hall.

Also got the Ghastly pistol which is very nice like the rifle.

edit: So beside the new Charr backpack there also a tiger version of it (with a spoon, which makes me think if this is a nod to Frosted Flakesrazz.gif) and and pink version of quaggan backpack, both of which are random drops from the black lion chest.

gw2-tiger-charr-backpack-cover.jpggw2-pink-quaggan-backpack-cover-2.jpg

#1134 Posted by trastamad03 (4859 posts) -

[QUOTE="trastamad03"]

Wanderer5

Yeah if he stop standing still, then that fight will go pretty smoothly. Overall through we did pretty fine even with a couple sub 80 level players. Some people are acting like that path is insane or something lol. There seems to be a ton of lag in that dungeon now through like in the flooded temple and entering the great hall.

Also got the Ghastly pistol which is very nice like the rifle.

edit: So beside the new Charr backpack there also a tiger version of it (with a spoon, which makes me think if this is a nod to Frosted Flakesrazz.gif) and and pink version of quaggan backpack, both of which are random drops from the black lion chest.

gw2-tiger-charr-backpack-cover.jpggw2-pink-quaggan-backpack-cover-2.jpg

I only want the Perma TP and Bank from the BLCs =[
#1135 Posted by Will47 (6824 posts) -
The whole Final Rest situation is pretty funny. The dev's claim they didn't tamper with it, only changed the chance of rares from the boss chests. Yet, there are about 1000 of the things found in one night after the patch :P
#1136 Posted by trastamad03 (4859 posts) -
The whole Final Rest situation is pretty funny. The dev's claim they didn't tamper with it, only changed the chance of rares from the boss chests. Yet, there are about 1000 of the things found in one night after the patch :PWill47
Hence the Halloween Scythe is more special! :D Either way, I'm not after it... I doubt ANYONE wants to be next to me while I use my staff and go WWWWOOOOOAAHHHHHHH VUUUUAAAAA VUUUAAAAAAAAHHHH (best sound effects evvvvvvvvveeeeerrrrr.... yeeaaaaa...) I dont' know, Final Rest looks cool, but it's for Condi build. I ain't no Condi Necro either! :D
#1137 Posted by BrunoBRS (74156 posts) -
i find it kinda annoying that they're making scythe skins for staves, kinda kills the chance of a scythe weapon class. and necros already turn their staff into a scythe when they attack, why do they need a physical one? on unrelated news, this website is pretty good for checking armor sets (and names, and how to obtain them, and in-game links).
#1138 Posted by Wanderer5 (25727 posts) -

Lol

iebryBU.jpg

#1139 Posted by trastamad03 (4859 posts) -

Lol

iebryBU.jpg

Wanderer5
Someone's been browsing Reddit! :D
#1140 Posted by BrunoBRS (74156 posts) -

Lol

iebryBU.jpg

Wanderer5
"lol" is about right :P
#1141 Posted by Wanderer5 (25727 posts) -

Someone's been browsing Reddit! :Dtrastamad03

Nah I found that at the Guild Wars 2 forum.:P

And lol guess there even more versions of Quaggan and Charr backpacks, one of the additonal charr I pretty sure is Tybalt!

#1142 Posted by trastamad03 (4859 posts) -

Random question... The gf is very interested in GW2 but her monthly internet cap is pretty crappy (Bad IPS)... I was wondeirng, can I just copy my GW2 directory, put it on an external and transfer it to her PC and then just run the launcher? Will that work? or maybe once it's copied, I just run the downloaded in the same folder and it'll verify and see that the files are there or something D:  ?

#1143 Posted by BrunoBRS (74156 posts) -

Random question... The gf is very interested in GW2 but her monthly internet cap is pretty crappy (Bad IPS)... I was wondeirng, can I just copy my GW2 directory, put it on an external and transfer it to her PC and then just run the launcher? Will that work? or maybe once it's copied, I just run the downloaded in the same folder and it'll verify and see that the files are there or something D:  ?

trastamad03
it should work, yes. GW2 is extremely portable in that regard. just copy the entire folder and transfer it to her PC, then run the launcher.
#1144 Posted by trastamad03 (4859 posts) -
[QUOTE="trastamad03"]

BrunoBRS
it should work, yes. GW2 is extremely portable in that regard. just copy the entire folder and transfer it to her PC, then run the launcher.

Deeeelicious! THanks :)
#1145 Posted by Maroxad (14691 posts) -

Give me one reason not to (temporarily) defect the GS guild and represent IonusX's guild instead?

Edit: IonusX's guild will have Guild Bounties and guild challenges. Which to me look a lot more interesting than guild puzzles.

#1146 Posted by illmatic87 (17933 posts) -

Lol

iebryBU.jpg

Wanderer5

All the rage when he could have eaten ice cream and humped a Karma banner in an outmanned WvW border for the Karma boost.

#1147 Posted by Wanderer5 (25727 posts) -

Looks like Guild Bounty is the easiest to unlock, only needed Rank 5 in Act of War, while the others need rank 6 of other sections and having other missions unlocked. That really sucks for small guilds.>.>

#1148 Posted by BrunoBRS (74156 posts) -

Looks like Guild Bounty is the easiest to unlock, only needed Rank 5 in Act of War, while the others need rank 6 of other sections and having other missions unlocked. That really sucks for small guilds.>.>

Wanderer5
we already had rank 5 architecture though, that's why we went for puzzles first. we need to farm dat influence though.

Give me one reason not to (temporarily) defect the GS guild and represent IonusX's guild instead?

Edit: IonusX's guild will have Guild Bounties and guild challenges. Which to me look a lot more interesting than guild puzzles.

Maroxad
because they are public missions?
#1149 Posted by Wanderer5 (25727 posts) -

we already had rank 5 architecture though, that's why we went for puzzles first. we need to farm dat influence though.BrunoBRS

But don't we need to unlock the other Guild missions in order to unlock puzzles? 

#1150 Posted by BrunoBRS (74156 posts) -

[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"]we already had rank 5 architecture though, that's why we went for puzzles first. we need to farm dat influence though.Wanderer5

But don't we need to unlock the other Guild missions in order to unlock puzzles? 

nope. or at least it didn't say anything.