UBISOFT continues to alienate customers

• 118 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Platinumstorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Platinumstorm
Member since 2003 • 114 Posts

In a recent PCGamer interview Ubisoft said the following regarding Ghost Recon.

"When we started Ghost Recon Online we were thinking about Ghost Recon: Future Solider; having something ported in the classical way without any deep development, because we know that 95% of our consumers will pirate the game. So we said okay, we have to change our mind."

It's frustrating to see companies continued attitudes towards the PC gamer market. It's interesting that they list a 95% piracy rate, I have no idea if that's true - personally doubt it - but while they complain about game sales on PC not being worth their time I blame their ridiculous game security details.

I'm not a game pirate, and I don't have interest in the Tom Clancy series of games, but I also avoid UBISOFT games in general on PC, and sometimes even on console:

UBISOFT is known to put out games with horrendous DRM requirements.

The downloads from their UBISTORE are only allowed once [I purchased Assassin's Creed 2 from the Ubistore on a sale but never got to touch it because I had to format my computer].

Their PC ports are often shoddy or poorly configured, and this leads me to generally avoid UBISOFT products as well [It's too bad they screwed up From Dust since I was interested in that].

They also don't strive to make the best game possible. Heroes VI, for example, a really beloved PC franchise was improved in unique ways by UBISOFT [beta testing], but then they failed to implement one of the most basic features of a Heroes game - townscreens. They also have ameaturish feeling UI's, horrendous voice acting, and on the UBISOFT forums you can read about players who are unable to finish the campaigns because of bugs that Ubisoft fails to fix in a timely manner. I have a friend who is a huge Heroes fan who says he can't play as the other races in multiplayer unless he can finish the campaign [something many players often don't care about]. I'm not sure if that's a bug or intended, but it's a horrendous design decision if intended.

If they put high levels of care and polish into their games they would generate higher sales, but from my opinion I'm too terrified of their quality level track record to purchase their games, unless they're at the bottom of the bargain bin [Heroes V + xpacs for $5], and then when I do buy them I see their box contains nothing but the CD, which isn't even packaged well for protection [purchased at Amazon, so its a legitimate copy]. Other games that Ubisoft releases are terrific in concept, and maybe even execution [Child of Eden [console release]] but fail to deliver in the length of experience. Child of Eden clocks in at a whopping one hour.

Ubisoft isn't a small company, but there are plenty of small companies that succeed on the PC platform - for example CDProjekT has really made a name for themselves with the Witcher - have very minimal DRM influences, which they usually remove, and they sell plenty of PC copies. Larger PC developers, like Bethesda, also have immense successes with games such as Skyrim [which requires Steam for installation but prior to the patch did not], which reached 280,000 concurrent users.

I know I probaby don't matter, but it's always insulting to me to see these "we don't care about you because we know you're stealing from us" rather than focusing on the people that are willing to pay for games. I have a large 5 shelf bookshelf that is filled with game boxes, and a closet with boxes filled with old game boxes. If you really want to know how to get people to buy your games stop making the piracy scapegoat and talk to people who purchase PC games, like me, and what they expect from their purchase; and listen to your series' fanbases. Ubisoft has some amazing IP's that often just end up being trash because of sloppy and failed execution.

s_emi_xxxxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 s_emi_xxxxx
Member since 2005 • 1058 Posts
man you can't force a company to develop games for a platform they don't make much profit on.. I'd rather want them not to develop any PC games from here on.. then say all the crap about our platform & release shoddy ports thinking as if they're doing us a favor. get lost ubi, don't want your games anymore.
FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 FelipeInside
Member since 2003 • 28548 Posts

man you can't force a company to develop games for a platform they don't make much profit on.. I'd rather want them not to develop any PC games from here on.. then say all the crap about our platform & release shoddy ports thinking as if they're doing us a favor. get lost ubi, don't want your games anymore.s_emi_xxxxx

The last 5 games I played from Ubisoft worked perfectly on the PC.... just sayin...

GummiRaccoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 GummiRaccoon
Member since 2003 • 13799 Posts

[QUOTE="s_emi_xxxxx"]man you can't force a company to develop games for a platform they don't make much profit on.. I'd rather want them not to develop any PC games from here on.. then say all the crap about our platform & release shoddy ports thinking as if they're doing us a favor. get lost ubi, don't want your games anymore.FelipeInside

The last 5 games I played from Ubisoft worked perfectly on the PC.... just sayin...

Did you not play From Dust?

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 FelipeInside

[QUOTE="FelipeInside"]

[QUOTE="s_emi_xxxxx"]man you can't force a company to develop games for a platform they don't make much profit on.. I'd rather want them not to develop any PC games from here on.. then say all the crap about our platform & release shoddy ports thinking as if they're doing us a favor. get lost ubi, don't want your games anymore.GummiRaccoon

Did you not play From Dust?

I did actually. Only problem I found was that the mouse control could have been better, other than that the game worked perfectly for me. I'm just sayin that Ubisoft ports lately are really good...
LPG13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 LPG13
Member since 2011 • 141 Posts

we know that 95% of our consumers will pirate the game

Platinumstorm
thats just not accepting some of your games probably are overpriced and they suck enought to make people second though the buy, specially with that MOTHERF*CKING disfuncional DRM sh!t (yes, i am one of the 5% apparently, im pretty sure DRM has given them enought headaches and claims from the users, thats probably one of the things what pissed them off...) and also its not knowing how to sell your damn game, if you offer something that piracy cant give, and the game is in fact GOOD then you have nothing to worry about, specially piracy, just look at bf3 for example, you wont buy that game for the campaign, you buy it for the multiplayer, makes it worth the buy, so you feel your money will not burn after a few hours campaign and a bad multiplayer experience. Ubisoft, just lay down your guns against piracy and start worrying about how to make your games worth buying, people dont want to spend full price for a game that wont last less than a day with no enjoyable online experience (due to lack of players, or just a BAD multiplayer).
Falconoffury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Falconoffury
Member since 2003 • 1722 Posts

The reason 95% of their userbase pirate Ubisoft games is because of the DRM. It is having the opposite effect from what they intend. PC gamers aren't stupid. Give them a bad product and they won't buy it. Either make good, convenient, stable products for PC gamers, or stick to console gamers who are easier to please.

jer_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8 jer_1
Member since 2003 • 7451 Posts
I would be fine if those douchebags stopped developing PC games entirely. It's not like we'd lose anything worth buying. They're a crap developer that does little but spit on their possible customers. Screw ubisoft, I've already made my choice to never buy an ubi game again, that won't be a hard promise to stick to either.
FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 FelipeInside

[QUOTE="Platinumstorm"]

we know that 95% of our consumers will pirate the game

LPG13

thats just not accepting some of your games probably are overpriced and they suck enought to make people second though the buy, specially with that MOTHERF*CKING disfuncional DRM sh!t (yes, i am one of the 5% apparently, im pretty sure DRM has given them enought headaches and claims from the users, thats probably one of the things what pissed them off...) and also its not knowing how to sell your damn game, if you offer something that piracy cant give, and the game is in fact GOOD then you have nothing to worry about, specially piracy, just look at bf3 for example, you wont buy that game for the campaign, you buy it for the multiplayer, makes it worth the buy, so you feel your money will not burn after a few hours campaign and a bad multiplayer experience. Ubisoft, just lay down your guns against piracy and start worrying about how to make your games worth buying, people dont want to spend full price for a game that wont last less than a day with no enjoyable online experience (due to lack of players, or just a BAD multiplayer).

The quality of a game not always has to do with piracy. Pirates will be pirates and they will pirate each game no matter how good or bad it is.

Yes, cause you normally need an original to play MP, duh.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 FelipeInside
I would be fine if those douchebags stopped developing PC games entirely. It's not like we'd lose anything worth buying. They're a crap developer that does little but spit on their possible customers. Screw ubisoft, I've already made my choice to never buy an ubi game again, that won't be a hard promise to stick to either.jer_1
Please no. I love my Splinter Cell and my Assassins Creed. I don't want to play them on consoles.
jer_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#11 jer_1
Member since 2003 • 7451 Posts
[QUOTE="jer_1"]I would be fine if those douchebags stopped developing PC games entirely. It's not like we'd lose anything worth buying. They're a crap developer that does little but spit on their possible customers. Screw ubisoft, I've already made my choice to never buy an ubi game again, that won't be a hard promise to stick to either.FelipeInside
Please no. I love my Splinter Cell and my Assassins Creed. I don't want to play them on consoles.

Yeah, I'm fine without either series personally. The only splinter cell games I played were on console, same for assassins creed. I played Ass creed brotherhood briefly at a friends but yeah, it pretty much performed like I thought it would. I can understand what you're saying but I just really hate ubi's tactics. They've definitely lost me as a customer but I realize that most people don't agree.
LPG13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 LPG13
@FelipeInside you didnt understand my point... instead of trying to be a smart ass try to read a lil bit more. of course every game will be pirated by them, my point is that the only way to beat piracy is to give players something piracy cant. they have to make it somehow to be a better idea to buy an original game. a really good campaign (for example Assassin's Creed) is worth buying not only for collectors, its like a book, of course you can read em online, but you buy it cause is really worth having for yourself, like a movie box set, or such. And the multiplayer is what makes the game last beyond the campaign that ends at some point. otherwise, if you make a mediocre game, with a mediocre campaign and a shiity multiplayer experience youll always lose money, cause its not really worth buying, its forgettable. Its really up to the game developers effort and interest in the game to know if your game is really something memorable and worth buying, or if its just a pity mediocre generic game. its something like the movie business, most movies nowadays are "more of the same", they dont make that much on the cinema plays, so, its really up to dvd sales or rents. but if the movie is mediocre, i doubt the people involved count on it to make money or really expect money out of it. and yes, you need the original game to play online, but its not really that what im talking about, but the fact that BF's is worth buying specially cause of the multiplayer, the campaign is short, and its not worth buying for it (at least at that price imo) but the online game compensates every nickle you spend on it, cause its hours and hours of tons of fun, its long term multiplayer... or just a really kick ass popular and fast paced multiplayer like Counter-Strike where your skills in the game progress and you eventually join a team and compete, bla bla bla. BF3 was one of the best buys i made this year cause of the multiplayer. now if you look at MW3, i own every CoD game and most of them are really worth buying, the campaign is really good and memorable. im a big fan of that saga (MW's online kicks ass too), same with Assassins Creed, its a great buy, the story is great, the game is awesome and the game is really replayable. so yeah, its not about making money out of games, its about making a memorable, worth playing game, so If the game is in fact good (MP or SP) you can count that people will buy it, but, if your game is mediocre/generic, whose lifespan is short, its really not people's fault that you wont be making money out of it. I just dont get why they take on PC so much, since you can pirate the consoles too...
FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 FelipeInside
[QUOTE="LPG13"]@FelipeInside you didnt understand my point... instead of trying to be a smart ass try to read a lil bit more. of course every game will be pirated by them, my point is that the only way to beat piracy is to give players something piracy cant. they have to make it somehow to be a better idea to buy an original game. a really good campaign (for example Assassin's Creed) is worth buying not only for collectors, its like a book, of course you can read em online, but you buy it cause is really worth having for yourself, like a movie box set, or such. And the multiplayer is what makes the game last beyond the campaign that ends at some point. otherwise, if you make a mediocre game, with a mediocre campaign and a shiity multiplayer experience youll always lose money, cause its not really worth buying, its forgettable. Its really up to the game developers effort and interest in the game to know if your game is really something memorable and worth buying, or if its just a pity mediocre generic game. its something like the movie business, most movies nowadays are "more of the same", they dont make that much on the cinema plays, so, its really up to dvd sales or rents. but if the movie is mediocre, i doubt the people involved count on it to make money or really expect money out of it. and yes, you need the original game to play online, but its not really that what im talking about, but the fact that BF's is worth buying specially cause of the multiplayer, the campaign is short, and its not worth buying for it (at least at that price imo) but the online game compensates every nickle you spend on it, cause its hours and hours of tons of fun, its long term multiplayer... or just a really kick ass popular and fast paced multiplayer like Counter-Strike where your skills in the game progress and you eventually join a team and compete, bla bla bla. BF3 was one of the best buys i made this year cause of the multiplayer. now if you look at MW3, i own every CoD game and most of them are really worth buying, the campaign is really good and memorable. im a big fan of that saga (MW's online kicks ass too), same with Assassins Creed, its a great buy, the story is great, the game is awesome and the game is really replayable. so yeah, its not about making money out of games, its about making a memorable, worth playing game, so If the game is in fact good (MP or SP) you can count that people will buy it, but, if your game is mediocre/generic, whose lifespan is short, its really not people's fault that you wont be making money out of it. I just dont get why they take on PC so much, since you can pirate the consoles too...

I wasn't trying to be a smartass. Ass Creed is an awesome SP series, like it or not. Ubisoft I think doesn't sell on PC cause of their DRM which has created a lot of hate.
LPG13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 LPG13
[QUOTE="FelipeInside"][QUOTE="LPG13"]@FelipeInside you didnt understand my point... instead of trying to be a smart ass try to read a lil bit more. of course every game will be pirated by them, my point is that the only way to beat piracy is to give players something piracy cant. they have to make it somehow to be a better idea to buy an original game. a really good campaign (for example Assassin's Creed) is worth buying not only for collectors, its like a book, of course you can read em online, but you buy it cause is really worth having for yourself, like a movie box set, or such. And the multiplayer is what makes the game last beyond the campaign that ends at some point. otherwise, if you make a mediocre game, with a mediocre campaign and a shiity multiplayer experience youll always lose money, cause its not really worth buying, its forgettable. Its really up to the game developers effort and interest in the game to know if your game is really something memorable and worth buying, or if its just a pity mediocre generic game. its something like the movie business, most movies nowadays are "more of the same", they dont make that much on the cinema plays, so, its really up to dvd sales or rents. but if the movie is mediocre, i doubt the people involved count on it to make money or really expect money out of it. and yes, you need the original game to play online, but its not really that what im talking about, but the fact that BF's is worth buying specially cause of the multiplayer, the campaign is short, and its not worth buying for it (at least at that price imo) but the online game compensates every nickle you spend on it, cause its hours and hours of tons of fun, its long term multiplayer... or just a really kick ass popular and fast paced multiplayer like Counter-Strike where your skills in the game progress and you eventually join a team and compete, bla bla bla. BF3 was one of the best buys i made this year cause of the multiplayer. now if you look at MW3, i own every CoD game and most of them are really worth buying, the campaign is really good and memorable. im a big fan of that saga (MW's online kicks ass too), same with Assassins Creed, its a great buy, the story is great, the game is awesome and the game is really replayable. so yeah, its not about making money out of games, its about making a memorable, worth playing game, so If the game is in fact good (MP or SP) you can count that people will buy it, but, if your game is mediocre/generic, whose lifespan is short, its really not people's fault that you wont be making money out of it. I just dont get why they take on PC so much, since you can pirate the consoles too...

I wasn't trying to be a smartass. Ass Creed is an awesome SP series, like it or not. Ubisoft I think doesn't sell on PC cause of their DRM which has created a lot of hate.

exactly, DRM made a lot of people piss off, me included, but i still love that game.
ionusX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#15 ionusX
Member since 2009 • 25777 Posts

assassins creed for the most part was a horribly buggy mess. ubisoft used to be the sh!t on pc now its a joke.. here ubisoft can ghost recon online and save having to compete with alot better games than yours will ever be. then NEVER COME HERE AGAIN. you come after pc gaming so vulgarly then we WILL destroy you boys. and its not like console piracy isnt just as rampant. realistically speaking in asian, middle eastern and european markets (latin america as well) console gaming is so rampant i can wait less than 5 days from launch and get any game i choose for less than most n. american games would fetch on ebay used XD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RQ9_TKayu9s

you want to come after us fine we will never buy another pc game you ever make. and will promote their piracy to high heaven.

splinter cell was a mess on pc anyway and ghost recon will suck eggs.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 FelipeInside

assassins creed for the most part was a horribly buggy mess. ubisoft used to be the sh!t on pc now its a joke.. here ubisoft can ghost recon online and save having to compete with alot better games than yours will ever be. then NEVER COME HERE AGAIN. you come after pc gaming so vulgarly then we WILL destroy you boys. and its not like console piracy isnt just as rampant. realistically speaking in asian, middle eastern and european markets (latin america as well) console gaming is so rampant i can wait less than 5 days from launch and get any game i choose for less than most n. american games would fetch on ebay used XD

you want to come after us fine we will never buy another pc game you ever make. and will promote their piracy to high heaven.

ionusX

Maybe something wrong with ur PC but my copy (and 4 of my friends) worked flawlessly...

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 FelipeInside
I buy a lot of my games - but Ill be completely honest. When it comes to Ubisoft, I hit up TPB. Not afraid to admit it. Activision lately too. After feeling cheated and ripped off so many times pirating is such a relief. You just gotta use your brain and try to support the companys that are still churning out good games, and havent forgotten PC gamers. MY 2 most recent purchases being Bf3 and skyrim - weather you like the games or not i LOVE them, thus I support the companies. You should tooMephers
Pirating isn't helping the cause... are you really that NAIVE? If you really want to make a difference, talk with ur wallet, DON'T buy the game but DON'T pirate it either cause it just gives them more ammo for these kinds of excuses.
ionusX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#19 ionusX
Member since 2009 • 25777 Posts

[QUOTE="ionusX"]

FelipeInside

Maybe something wrong with ur PC but my copy (and 4 of my friends) worked flawlessly...

well i had a core 2 quad + 5830 and now a phenom II and 5830 both times the game was full of horrible in game loading problems reminiscent of the things you see in APB or minecraft sometimes. i also had alot of jaggies on corners as i attempted to round them that i would almost routinely get hung up on. and the game and assassins creed 1 crashed at least once for me.

i have no love for assassins creed. this coupled with GFWL's silly sale atm where they JACKED UP the price on brohood DDE by 20 bucks and called it a "sale"

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 FelipeInside

[QUOTE="FelipeInside"]

[QUOTE="ionusX"]

ionusX

well i had a core 2 quad + 5830 and now a phenom II and 5830 both times the game was full of horrible in game loading problems reminiscent of the things you see in APB or minecraft sometimes. i also had alot of jaggies on corners as i attempted to round them that i would almost routinely get hung up on. and the game and assassins creed 1 crashed at least once for me.

i have no love for assassins creed. this coupled with GFWL's silly sale atm where they JACKED UP the price on brohood DDE by 20 bucks and called it a "sale"

That's weird...it was a while back but I don't recall having any issues with AC1. AC2 + Brotherhood worked flawlessly for me though. I thought Brotherhood was bloody awesome, can't wait for Revelations next week...
Cwagmire21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Cwagmire21
Member since 2007 • 5896 Posts

I feel like Ubisoft games aren't enticing enough to buy full price and rarely drop in price. I've heard about their bad DRM but the first two reasons is why I have no Ubisoft games. 95% seems like a bogus statistic anyway.

ArchonOver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#22 ArchonOver
Member since 2010 • 1103 Posts

They have good games, but their polices and attitude is what is driving PC gamers away.

millerlight89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#23 millerlight89
Member since 2007 • 18658 Posts
[QUOTE="FelipeInside"] I'm just sayin that Ubisoft ports lately are really good...

From Dust, Splinter Cell Conviction, Splinter Cell DA, and the first AC were all horrible ports.
WhiteKnight77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 WhiteKnight77
Member since 2003 • 12605 Posts

I had already posted about this with the No Ghost Recon: Future Soldier For PC, Piracy Cited thread.

Still, everyone is right, crappy ports, draconian DRM and terrible customer service (not to mention blatant lies) has customers dropping their games from their must have lists.

Fightingfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Fightingfan
Member since 2010 • 38011 Posts
The only game I like from them this gen is Splinter Cell: Conviction.
Cwagmire21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Cwagmire21
Member since 2007 • 5896 Posts

I had already posted about this with the No Ghost Recon: Future Soldier For PC, Piracy Cited thread.

Still, everyone is right, crappy ports, draconian DRM and terrible customer service (not to mention blatant lies) has customers dropping their games from their must have lists.

WhiteKnight77

I can't think of the GS user who has the signature about Ubisoft DRM, but it makes me LOL every time and it's so true. :)

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Krelian-co
Member since 2006 • 13274 Posts

[QUOTE="s_emi_xxxxx"]man you can't force a company to develop games for a platform they don't make much profit on.. I'd rather want them not to develop any PC games from here on.. then say all the crap about our platform & release shoddy ports thinking as if they're doing us a favor. get lost ubi, don't want your games anymore.FelipeInside

wow, just wow, seriously? why you always come defending companies who dont do their job right do you work for one or something? assassins creed series in pc is a horrible console port, bad streaming of in game objects, pop ups, screen tearing. Is like you magically ignore every games defects if you like it. I love Ac but in pc they are bad ports.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 FelipeInside

[QUOTE="FelipeInside"]

[QUOTE="s_emi_xxxxx"]man you can't force a company to develop games for a platform they don't make much profit on.. I'd rather want them not to develop any PC games from here on.. then say all the crap about our platform & release shoddy ports thinking as if they're doing us a favor. get lost ubi, don't want your games anymore.Krelian-co

wow, just wow, seriously? why you always come defending companies who dont do their job right do you work for one or something? assassins creed series in pc is a horrible console port, bad streaming of in game objects, pop ups, screen tearing. Is like you magically ignore every games defects if you like it. I love Ac but in pc they are bad ports.

WTF are u on about? Read my post again, maybe put on some glasses beforehand. Where did I defend Ubisoft? I just merely stated that the last 5 games I played on PC from Ubisoft worked perfectly for me. I didn't defend the DRM or talk about the company. AC for me worked fine... but I guess lots of people had issues. I played Brotherhood, AC2, From Dust, Anno 2070 and all those worked perfectly. Learn to read next time.
DanielDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 DanielDust
Member since 2007 • 15402 Posts

[QUOTE="FelipeInside"]

[QUOTE="s_emi_xxxxx"]man you can't force a company to develop games for a platform they don't make much profit on.. I'd rather want them not to develop any PC games from here on.. then say all the crap about our platform & release shoddy ports thinking as if they're doing us a favor. get lost ubi, don't want your games anymore.Krelian-co

As far as I'm concerned you're making stuff up, AC 2 ran pretty bad at first, but with the latest patch it runs just as good as Brotherhood.
Mephers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#30 Mephers
Member since 2010 • 720 Posts
[QUOTE="Mephers"]I buy a lot of my games - but Ill be completely honest. When it comes to Ubisoft, I hit up TPB. Not afraid to admit it. Activision lately too. After feeling cheated and ripped off so many times pirating is such a relief. You just gotta use your brain and try to support the companys that are still churning out good games, and havent forgotten PC gamers. MY 2 most recent purchases being Bf3 and skyrim - weather you like the games or not i LOVE them, thus I support the companies. You should tooFelipeInside
Pirating isn't helping the cause... are you really that NAIVE? If you really want to make a difference, talk with ur wallet, DON'T buy the game but DON'T pirate it either cause it just gives them more ammo for these kinds of excuses.

I disagree, and resorting to insults doesnt help your cause.
DanielDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 DanielDust
You disagree with not playing games you don't feel like paying for (which means you don't like them enough to bother)? Naive isn't an insult and I agree with Felipe regarding your mentality.
Mephers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Mephers
[QUOTE="DanielDust"]You disagree with not playing games you don't feel like paying for (which means you don't like them enough to bother)? Naive isn't an insult and I agree with Felipe regarding your mentality.

Yes, calling someone naive is an insult. You should read before posting, I never said I disagree with not playing games you dont feel like paying for, You just seem like your randomly lashing out trying to start an arguement, and you talk about my mentality. Pfft.
DanielDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 DanielDust

I'm not assuming and interpreting anything, it's exactly what you said, "I don't support X, Y, Z developers so I pirate their games I only buy games from developers A and B and I believe everyone should do so".

Mephers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Mephers
Yes you are, I only mentioned Ubisoft and maybe activation, Never said I dont buy their games. LoL people in these forums really hate to be proved wrong.
DanielDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 DanielDust

Piracy is not a right or wrong, it's purely wrong/bad and there are rules against it on this forum, you not only admitted to pirating games you also encouraged others to...do say more, you're only making it worse for yourself.

Mephers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Mephers

Actually youre only making yourself look worse. Even if that were true none of that warrants name calling. Go ahead keep trolling

Edit: I also like how you keep putting words in my mouth and cant back it up with a quote...

rhazzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 rhazzy
Member since 2009 • 1516 Posts

Yes you are, I only mentioned Ubisoft and maybe activation, Never said I dont buy their games. LoL people in these forums really hate to be proved wrong.Mephers

You didnt prove anything...And further more...IF someone calls you "naive" stupid" "idiot" etc...because you just did something "stupid" "idiotic" etc.,that isnt an insult...its just the truth...If you didnt do something "idiotic" but you look like an "idiot" and someone calls you that way...then yes it is an insult...In your case the first applys.

Mephers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Mephers

[QUOTE="Mephers"]Yes you are, I only mentioned Ubisoft and maybe activation, Never said I dont buy their games. LoL people in these forums really hate to be proved wrong.rhazzy

You didnt prove anything...And further more...IF someone calls you "naive" stupid" "idiot" etc...because you just did something "stupid" "idiotic" etc.,that isnt an insult...its just the truth...If you didnt do something "idiotic" but you look like a "idiot" and someone calls you that way...then yes it is an insult...

Thats kinda my point, Didnt do anything stupid or naive, thus the insult was not warranted If anything it makes them look like children. He put words in my mouth and couldnt back it up, thus you could say he was proved wrong.

Edit: More insults, thats the most you guys can do really? The mentality of some of the people in this thread is sickening. "I DONT LIKE WHAT YOU SAID SO YOURE STUPID LOL"

DanielDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 DanielDust

Read your first post, I don't have to back anything up, all I have to do is quote your post, and let a moderator look at it, it has all the backing up I need.

Involves piracy and encourages piracy, encouraging people to buy games they feel they're worth it (like somebody needs actually needs courage to buy games they enjoy) doesn't mask the piracy statements.

Weren't you courageous and not afraid of admitting to piracy? why are you looking for excuses now and changing meanings, twisting words and such? you're disgusting.

rhazzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 rhazzy
Member since 2009 • 1516 Posts

[QUOTE="rhazzy"]

[QUOTE="Mephers"]Yes you are, I only mentioned Ubisoft and maybe activation, Never said I dont buy their games. LoL people in these forums really hate to be proved wrong.Mephers

You didnt prove anything...And further more...IF someone calls you "naive" stupid" "idiot" etc...because you just did something "stupid" "idiotic" etc.,that isnt an insult...its just the truth...If you didnt do something "idiotic" but you look like a "idiot" and someone calls you that way...then yes it is an insult...

Thats kinda my point, Didnt do anything stupid or naive, thus the insult was not warranted If anything it makes them look like children. He put words in my mouth and couldnt back it up, thus you could say he was proved wrong.

Edit: More insults, thats the most you guys can do really? The mentality of some of the people in this thread is sickening. "I DONT LIKE WHAT YOU SAID SO YOURE STUPID LOL"

Dude are you insane?You admitted to pirating games...and for that calling you naive is just.

I dont know what you want to point out...but ur not making any sense right now...Try to write again what you want/whats ur point...if uhave a valid one ,ill be the first to say ur right...but right now ur just frustrated that someone called u naive and u try to justify ur stealing...thats what i see

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#43 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts
man you can't force a company to develop games for a platform they don't make much profit on.. I'd rather want them not to develop any PC games from here on.. then say all the crap about our platform & release shoddy ports thinking as if they're doing us a favor. get lost ubi, don't want your games anymore.s_emi_xxxxx
Can't make much profit on? There are tons of console games that barely sell a million copies... why? Because if the game sucks.. and the developer/publisher sucks and continues to treat the customers like we're all little children.. then the game isn't going to sell either way. There are PC games that sell very well because those are usually backed up by outstanding developers/publishers. Valve, Blizzard, DICE, CDPR. Maybe, just maybe if Ubisoft wouldn't throw in their intrusive arse DRM, then PC gamers would probably buy it. They will never learn and they burned their bridges. I could care less about Ubisoft now and I wouldn't buy their console versions even tough I have a PS3 and Xbox 360.
Mephers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Mephers

Read your first post, I don't have to back anything up, all I have to do is quote your post, and let a moderator look at it, it has all the backing up I need. Involves piracy and encourages piracy, encouraging people to buy games they feel they're worth it (like somebody needs actually needs courage to buy games they enjoy) doesn't mask the piracy statements. Weren't you courageous and not afraid of admitting to piracy? why are you looking for excuses now and changing meanings, twisting words and such? DanielDust
What the hell are you on about, the only valid point you have is admitting to TPB, You dont quote because you know youre wrong

edit: The irony is if you READ my post youd see I encouraged people to SUPPORT developers

I buy a lot of my games - but Ill be completely honest. When it comes to Ubisoft, I hit up TPB. Not afraid to admit it. Activision lately too. After feeling cheated and ripped off so many times pirating is such a relief. You just gotta use your brain and try to support the companys that are still churning out good games, and havent forgotten PC gamers. MY 2 most recent purchases being Bf3 and skyrim - weather you like the games or not i LOVE them, thus I support the companies. You should tooMephers

Wham, proof in your face and youll probably still try to argue like a petulant child.

oopsie deleted post.

Avatar image for deactivated-61d91d42c39df
deactivated-61d91d42c39df

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 57

#46 deactivated-61d91d42c39df
Member since 2002 • 2741 Posts

well if it wasn't for mass effect series they would have alienated me after dragon age 2.

Mephers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Mephers

[QUOTE="Mephers"]

[QUOTE="DanielDust"] What the hell are you on about, the only valid point you have is admitting to TPB, You dont quote because you know youre wrong

edit: The irony is if you READ my post youd see I encouraged people to SUPPORT developers

[QUOTE="Mephers"]I buy a lot of my games - but Ill be completely honest. When it comes to Ubisoft, I hit up TPB. Not afraid to admit it. Activision lately too. After feeling cheated and ripped off so many times pirating is such a relief. You just gotta use your brain and try to support the companys that are still churning out good games, and havent forgotten PC gamers. MY 2 most recent purchases being Bf3 and skyrim - weather you like the games or not i LOVE them, thus I support the companies. You should toorhazzy

Wham, proof in your face and youll probably still try to argue like a petulant child.

oopsie deleted post.

"I am a thief...but iam against stealing" this is you...Again iam asking you...Are you insane or just stupid?

What I am is for supporting companies that make good games, and yet again you result to personal insults. They teach this in Harvard Law School (specifically not to do it). It's attacking the debater's character rather than the actual debate content. It's known as a sign of losing the debate (which is why their lawyer's are taught not to do it).

Mephers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Mephers

So many problems with your post, where to start, My very first comment in fact had nothing to do with being "butthurt coz felippe called u NAIVE" Nor was I originally "Argumented" that Im not naive. How does being careful equate to me being stupid? You didnt win any arguement you just made yourself look stupid in my eyes. Also work on your freaking grammar, a few mistakes are A-OK. Spelling like a 7th grader on crack isnt. The only thing youve done is insult me and repeat the same nonsense.

Youve edited your post 6 times and thats the best you can do? Are you ragin? Sorry if you want to blindly spend your money on reputed bad games before trying them yourself, but dont get mad at other people for not being so gullible.
Edit: I just realized youre trying to drag me to your level and beat me with experience. Use your brain and support companies that are churning out good games, Not sure how you could argue with that.

Morrinator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Morrinator
Member since 2006 • 661 Posts

Speaking generally, the PC gaming community has finally shot itself in the foot.

Yes, some of us purchase our games legit... but their is a large portion who have not spent a cent in years.

Develpers have a right to make money. They have analysts who deem what is profitable and not. Clearly there must be a ton of people pirating Ubisoft games for them to make such a harsh and direct comment.

As a gaming community we have no one to blame but ourselves.

This is the classic case in society where no one wants to be accountable for their actions.

Although I enjoy PC gaming, I applaud Ubisofts decision. Perhaps it will turn the tides.