This topic is locked from further discussion.

gamerguy845

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 gamerguy845
Member since 2007 • 2074 Posts

I was wondering which one you think would be a better game. The only new game I actually have is Crysis because I just got a new computer. I understand that sins is coming out today or tomorrow and I thought turok was but something was said about a march realese date. I was just wondering which one you would rather buy. If you have a demo or beta, thoughts apperciated

gamerguy845

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 gamerguy845
thanks for putting so much detail into why that game is good
darkmario123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 darkmario123
Member since 2006 • 1156 Posts
Get Sins
gamerguy845

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 gamerguy845
elaboration pleae?
gamerguy845

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 gamerguy845
also is this realese for sins today or tomorrow?
mfsa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 mfsa
Member since 2007 • 3328 Posts

thanks for putting so much detail into why that game is goodgamerguy845

Sins of a Solar Empire is taking the epic scale of 4x/TBS games like Galactic Civilizations II, the Civilization series and the strategy map of the Total War series (amongst many other games of similar ilk), and putting it all in real time. Real time.

If epic empire building appeals to you, and large scale space combat appeals to you, then you should grab yourself a copy of Sins. Just watch a couple gameplay videos here at GameSpot - if you have an interest in space, space combat, empire building or RTS games, you will be hooked after about 30 seconds.

Some games will last months. Months.

artur79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 artur79
Member since 2005 • 4679 Posts

I'm not into traditional RTS's. In fact I don't see the appeal at all. But I do love sci-fi settings, atmospheric (lol, in space...) surroundings, spaceships and all that. Spacebattles rule. Is there a chance I'll like this game or is it too eh... RTS'y?

Just want to point out once more, I don't like RTS's. Could this change my mind, maybe?

Forerunner-117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Forerunner-117
Member since 2006 • 8800 Posts

I'm not into traditional RTS's. In fact I don't see the appeal at all. But I do love sci-fi settings, atmospheric (lol, in space...) surroundings, spaceships and all that. Spacebattles rule. Is there a chance I'll like this game or is it too eh... RTS'y?

Just want to point out once more, I don't like RTS's. Could this change my mind, maybe?

artur79

Well it depends... What exactly is it about RTS's that you don't like?

And to the TC, get Sins of a Solar Empire for sure. Turok only got like a 7 at IGN.

mfsa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 mfsa
Member since 2007 • 3328 Posts

artur79

Do you like TBS/empire building games like Civilization? If you don't like at least one (either TBS or RTS), you probably won't like Sins a whole ton.

But I've been playing around with the game today and at the very least I can tell you that it is set in space, and it's really pretty. All kinds of crazy coloured stars and beautiful, serene vistas. Conjures very strong memories of Homeworld.

bignice12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 bignice12
Member since 2003 • 2124 Posts
sins!
artur79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 artur79
I tried AoE3, it was far more interesting than WiC or CoH. Never got into it though. Too boring, I guess. I love a great story and somehow I don't see how an interesting immersive plot can be told through micromanaging a lot of troops here and there. I need a protagonist, I guess, or something to draw me into the gameworld. Tiny Nazi's or Americans just do not do that. I saw some pics of Sins, you're right, very pretty. Guess I'll check it out, hopefully there's a demo out.
gamerguy845

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 gamerguy845
is sins out today?
ElArab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 ElArab
Member since 2007 • 5754 Posts

Uh, holy crap, Sins for sure!!! It's amazing that you already own crysis and you are thinking about getting Turok in the first place. Don't wait for reviews either (except IGN's maybe) because that game is heavily advertised so everyone will sell out, hell, compare gametrailers review of it to crysis review and you'll just laugh at how badly GT sells out. It's amazing people actually find that crap credible.

Alright, reasons (not) to buy Turok.

Turok:

Pros:

• Stabbing things is fun, but it ends up making things too easy.
  • Dinosaurs movement is very fluid and realistic, unlike the old ones.

Cons:

• No "cerebral bore" or any crazy insane Turok weapons...it's just...average.
  • Repetetive, linear, average shooter, and a LOT of handholding.
  • Moronic AI team-mates
  • Multiplayer doesn't make it that much better.
  • Only on consoles right now.
  • EDIT: forgot to mention!!! Crysis is getting a "Jurrassic Park" mod very soon, a long with a lot of other kick ass mods (like "pirates" mod lol.) and things like that, believe me, you won't need to get Turok. Unless you really want a knife, but there will probably be a knife mod too.

Why you should (not) buy sins.

I don't want to write a whole review, because this game has quite a lot of content to cover.

Pros:

• EVERYTHING, just look at a gameplay video, Gametrailers has a good one, quality of video isn't amazing though. This is like, space and sci-fi RTS done right
  • Seems very story driven and it isn't about "who knows all the hotkeys and who clicks the mouse the fastest".
  • This games price tag (like what, 40 dollars? Over Turoks 60?) is justified and it's more then your moneys worth, and you'll have a LOT of gameplay hours, hell, if you're waiting for a game to come out or something, play sins and it'll be here before ya know it.
  • This game has gone through a LOT of beta testing, it should have almost no flaws.
  • It came out TODAY.

Cons:

• If you've played supreme commander, then you know that a battle can sometimes take a LOONG time, luckily, Stardock realized "hmm, maybe we can allow savegames for multiplayer too." ,so , don't feel rushed to finish the fight, but, if you want to have only short battles, then you'll be playing more of the smaller maps.
  • I bet it sucks up a lot of CPU power but other then that, seems like the game will be well optimized.

Ein-7919

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Ein-7919
Member since 2003 • 3490 Posts

is sins out today?gamerguy845

Yes

Forerunner-117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Forerunner-117

I tried AoE3, it was far more interesting than WiC or CoH. Never got into it though. Too boring, I guess. I love a great story and somehow I don't see how an interesting immersive plot can be told through micromanaging a lot of troops here and there. I need a protagonist, I guess, or something to draw me into the gameworld. Tiny Nazi's or Americans just do not do that. I saw some pics of Sins, you're right, very pretty. Guess I'll check it out, hopefully there's a demo out.artur79

Ahhh ok well then I recommend both Sins and WarCraft 3 if you haven't tried that yet :)

inyourface_12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#17 inyourface_12
Member since 2006 • 14757 Posts
well since i hate rts >__> imma have to go with turok
spierdalaj666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 spierdalaj666
Member since 2004 • 865 Posts

I'd get sins if you enjoy TBS/RTS games.

The great thing about sins is that it combines many of the great features of both genres and adds an interesting layer of strategy over the typical RTS games.

I think that the best part of sins is that unlike other RTS games, the game isn't focused upon the early rush. There are technologies that you have to research, ship and planetary improvements that you build, etc.

It's really hard to describe the game to be honest because it blends in many features of TBS and RTS games, so it's hard to draw a comparison to another game that's out there. The best i can do is to say that the planets are similar to empire at war (where you have phase lanes along which you can travel) but the rest i am not sure.

Well, look at some user gameplay videos and see for yourself.

gamerguy845

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 gamerguy845
thanks for all the great relpys so far guys, ElArab great post! thanks. Also I was looking where to get sins and target doesn't have it listed and my nearest gamespot doesn't either. Suggestions on where to buy?
ElArab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 ElArab
Member since 2007 • 5754 Posts

thanks for all the great relpys so far guys, ElArab great post! thanks. Also I was looking where to get sins and target doesn't have it listed and my nearest gamespot doesn't either. Suggestions on where to buy?gamerguy845

Bestbuy, Frys, or you can download it on their site.

(just search "stardock sins download" or something.)

Noldorin2646

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Noldorin2646
Member since 2007 • 641 Posts

I tried AoE3, it was far more interesting than WiC or CoH. Never got into it though. Too boring, I guess. I love a great story and somehow I don't see how an interesting immersive plot can be told through micromanaging a lot of troops here and there. I need a protagonist, I guess, or something to draw me into the gameworld. Tiny Nazi's or Americans just do not do that. I saw some pics of Sins, you're right, very pretty. Guess I'll check it out, hopefully there's a demo out.artur79

WarCraft III should be the one for you to try. No RTS has a more polished story IMO than WCIII.

Forerunner-117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Forerunner-117

[QUOTE="artur79"]I tried AoE3, it was far more interesting than WiC or CoH. Never got into it though. Too boring, I guess. I love a great story and somehow I don't see how an interesting immersive plot can be told through micromanaging a lot of troops here and there. I need a protagonist, I guess, or something to draw me into the gameworld. Tiny Nazi's or Americans just do not do that. I saw some pics of Sins, you're right, very pretty. Guess I'll check it out, hopefully there's a demo out.Noldorin2646

WarCraft III should be the one for you to try. No RTS has a more polished story IMO than WCIII.

I beat you to it! :P

But seriously, check out WC3 man (this is assuming that you haven't already). I just got the Battlechest like 2 weeks ago and it's awesome!

gamerguy845

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 gamerguy845
good relpys, I think I will get sins lol with no one saying turok
OkuLaris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 OkuLaris
Member since 2003 • 803 Posts
Sins of a solar empire... nuff' said ! :D
artur79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 artur79
Okey, so I got Warcraft 3, so far, I like... Hopefully this game can get me to change my mind about RTSs.
gamerguy845

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 gamerguy845
my first thread on fire! ( the symbol)
gamerguy845

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 gamerguy845
and great posts guys, thanks
A1B2C3CAL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#28 A1B2C3CAL
Member since 2007 • 2332 Posts
TUROK, Sins is boring.
Forerunner-117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Forerunner-117

Okey, so I got Warcraft 3, so far, I like... Hopefully this game can get me to change my mind about RTSs.artur79

Really? Sweet! Did you get both WC3 and TFT or just WC3 for now?

And I hope it does! TBH, I'm a pretty new RTS gamer too (thus why I get my ass kicked so badly on battle.net lol). I used to only play FPS games but here recently I decided to try the RTS genre and I'm hooked! :D

JP_Russell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 JP_Russell
Member since 2005 • 12893 Posts

Okey, so I got Warcraft 3, so far, I like... Hopefully this game can get me to change my mind about RTSs.artur79

If you got the The Frozen Throne expansion, the last campaign (the Orcs) is played out in action RPG format; you start out with one hero unit and gain new ones that travel with him, and go through the campaign Diablo style (only you select the units as you do in an RTS). It doesn't continue the main storyline events as they end in the third campaign, but it has a neat little story nonetheless, and if you like action RPG stuff, it's a lot of fun.

artur79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 artur79

I never thought I would say this, but damn it, I'm hooked on an RTS. So far WC3 is great, nice learning curve, easy controls, nice graphics too, great art work. Good story so far. Man, I'm really glad I gave this a go! I'm sure I'll make a "recommend me a great RTS" thread someday, lol. Thanx for the suggestion, BTW.

I got WC3 as I did not know whether I'd like it or not, I'll pick up TFT as soon as I'm done with the campaign in this game.

Forerunner-117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Forerunner-117

I never thought I would say this, but damn it, I'm hooked on an RTS. So far WC3 is great, nice learning curve, easy controls, nice graphics too, great art work. Good story so far. Man, I'm really glad I gave this a go! I'm sure I'll make a "recommend me a great RTS" thread someday, lol. Thanx for the suggestion, BTW.

I got WC3 as I did not know whether I'd like it or not, I'll pick up TFT as soon as I'm done with the campaign in this game.

artur79

HAHAHA

Welcome to the family ;) Heh no problem! But yeah I recommend finishing the Campaign first before trying out Battle.net becuz when I got the game after playing the demo, I immediately got on Bnet and just got pwned. There are some amazing players in this game.

EndersAres

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 EndersAres
Member since 2005 • 5711 Posts

TUROK, Sins is boring.A1B2C3CAL

I beat Turok and I found the game to be a sad mediocre experience. In fact I stopped playing the game several times. We can blame several things. The developer for sure plus the game seemed rushed, combat was very boring, and the knife kills got old about half way through. The make dinos kill humies luring feature was worthless. Easier to go in and do it yourself old school like. Plus the only hard thing about the game was reloading after dieing and finding yourself back at a checkpoint from ten minutes ago.

Even the uninteresting characters were another downfall. Ron Perlman said it best early in the game "I hate this place, it's really really ******".