ionusX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 0

#1 ionusX
Member since 2009 • 25777 Posts

so today i got an email, as a previous LOTRO beta tester and player i recieved an email today and i quote from turbine games:

We are excited to announce that Lord of the Rings Online (LOTRO) and Dungeons & Dragons Online (DDO) have been acquired by Standing Stone Games (SSG)! SSG is a newly formed company, comprised of the same group of developers that have been working on these games at Turbine. Standing Stone Games will develop and operate the games, and Daybreak Game Company will provide publishing support to the games.

In connection with these changes, please note that SSG and Daybreak have received your account information from Turbine, including any personal information in your account such as name, address, etc., that you have previously provided. This information and any other information we collect about you through these games or otherwise, will be subject to Daybreak’s

so daybreak has bought up turbine assets including LOTRO and D&DO and annexed them to this new studio SSG

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 FelipeInside
Member since 2003 • 28548 Posts

@ionusX said:

so today i got an email, as a previous LOTRO beta tester and player i recieved an email today and i quote from turbine games:

We are excited to announce that Lord of the Rings Online (LOTRO) and Dungeons & Dragons Online (DDO) have been acquired by Standing Stone Games (SSG)! SSG is a newly formed company, comprised of the same group of developers that have been working on these games at Turbine. Standing Stone Games will develop and operate the games, and Daybreak Game Company will provide publishing support to the games.

In connection with these changes, please note that SSG and Daybreak have received your account information from Turbine, including any personal information in your account such as name, address, etc., that you have previously provided. This information and any other information we collect about you through these games or otherwise, will be subject to Daybreak’s

so daybreak has bought up turbine assets including LOTRO and D&DO and annexed them to this new studio SSG

I remember reading about this a while back on a gaming news site

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#3  Edited By mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58304 Posts

well, sounds like some people might be out of work, but the games are continuing and most of the people will continue to be employed? That's OK.

How is LOTRO these days? I remember it being a pretty good MMO back in the day, one of the better examples of a free-to-play.