Trying to play No One Lives Forever 2 on Win 7 64bit :(

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Evz0rz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Evz0rz
Member since 2006 • 4624 Posts

So I just found this gem of a game sitting in my closet and I thought I'd give it another playthrough. To my extreme disappointment (though not exactly surprise) it doesn't work too well on Windows 7 64 bit. The game itself will run fine gameplay wise, the problem comes from the audio. Cutscenes will sporadically skip without any sound and the only sound I can hear during gameplay is the background music.

Has anyone else tried playing this game on Windows 7 with full success? If so, mind giving me any tips? I've already tried switching compatibility mode.

Thanks in advance :D

RK-Mara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#2 RK-Mara
Member since 2006 • 11489 Posts
You need to disable hardware audio in launcher options. NOLF2 installs its own codecs which conflict with the ones you already have installed, but it should work fine with software audio.
Evz0rz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Evz0rz
Member since 2006 • 4624 Posts

Okay I tried that but still no luck :( it's a realyl strange problem, the cutscenes have absolutely no sound and the parts where the character's mouth should move is just cut out completely

RK-Mara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 RK-Mara
Member since 2006 • 11489 Posts
Try uninstalling any codec packs you currently have installed. It's a mess but will allow NOLF2 to use its own codecs. If it still doesn't work, you'll probably need to reinstall NOLF2.
moviespaure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 moviespaure
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
Don't know if you're still interested but I uploaded a patch for Windows Vista that had the same problem last summer. You might want to check that out just search NOLF2 on Windows Vista deviantart on google and you should find it.
kris9031998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 kris9031998
Member since 2008 • 7554 Posts
Don't know if you're still interested but I uploaded a patch for Windows Vista that had the same problem last summer. You might want to check that out just search NOLF2 on Windows Vista deviantart on google and you should find it.moviespaure
Dont bump old threads...
True_Sounds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#7 True_Sounds
Member since 2009 • 2915 Posts

[QUOTE="moviespaure"]Don't know if you're still interested but I uploaded a patch for Windows Vista that had the same problem last summer. You might want to check that out just search NOLF2 on Windows Vista deviantart on google and you should find it.kris9031998
Dont bump old threads...

Easy man, he's clearly only trying to help. Not like he's begging for a beta key or worse; spamming pointless idiotic 'opinions'.