Trying to get my Blu-Ray player to do 2ch sound.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

b2trumpet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 b2trumpet
Member since 2009 • 145 Posts

I'm using my dad's Blu-Ray player since he doesn't use it much. It's a Panasonic DMP-BD60 player.

I've looked at the manuel, and I'm using the Red/White wires (It that analog?) From looking at the manual, I've set everything I can to Stereo, PCM downscaling, and putting the DTS-HD and Dolby HD settings both to PCM. My test Blu-Ray movie is Top Gun, because that's where I notice it more. When "Danger Zone" starts at the beginning, the drums and guitar fade away while the voice and synth go blaring out of the speakers. I need it balanced for my 2 speaker system.

What can I do?

Dogswithguns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#2 Dogswithguns
Member since 2007 • 11359 Posts
Umm. As I understand, you don't really have to adjust the sound on the blu-ray player but you can select the sound out put. but I think you have to switch it to 2 channel mode on your receiver, but then again you dont really have change anything. just like as if you plug the sound out from your blu-ray or DVD or whatever player out to your TV, your TV will play 2 channel stereo anyway on its own.... but I dont know what sound system device are you using?
kungfool69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 kungfool69
Member since 2006 • 2584 Posts

by default, most players will shoot out the audio in 2 channel (stereo ) mode if u only have analogue plugs hooked up (red/white) anything BETTER usually has to be sorted through the menu. perhaps a seperate set of speaekrs may fix ur issue. might i suggest Logitech z-4's, though u wiil need a red?white-to-3.5mm adapter. plug it into the back of the TV (usually they have red/white output). if the tv lacks audio out, just run the cable from teh player's red/white, into the subwoofer on teh z-4.

Magic, better sound quality then the TV speakers.

mattbyrnes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 mattbyrnes
Member since 2004 • 1023 Posts
We need more info. Is this going to a Receiver? What does the Receiver say? (Dolby PLllx, etc). If you are using just the Red and White wires, you are connected analog and the Blu-Ray player has nothing to do with surround sound coming out of the receiver. Analog outs cannot output anything but analog stereo. Hit the surround sound button on your remote control for your AVR. It should go through all the options. Or if your AVR has a pure audio button, push that.