Trying to find a MMO based...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

bekabee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 bekabee
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
.........game where you can build houses etc as one of your skills.. I've played Wow for 4+years, love it but got extremely bored with the same old thing! I've tried Wurms, the idea is great but I find it very clunky.. Any ideas welcome, I've been searching for hours.. there are plenty of free based ones I've come across but again they are pretty much the same as Wurms.. thanks :))
fazedjb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#2 fazedjb
Member since 2008 • 542 Posts

ffxi allows house customisation of sorts

tho` if yur used to the fast paced battle system of wow it may not be to yur liking.

try the trial and see :)

Phoenix534

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Phoenix534
Member since 2008 • 17774 Posts

I beleive Runes of Magic has a house customization option. It's a free MMO much like World of Warcraft(or so I've heard. Haven,t played either.)

Meska2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 Meska2
Member since 2006 • 392 Posts
Well, Lord of the rings online has houses. However.. i don't think its a skill, it's just mainly a purchase.
Phoenix534

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Phoenix534
Member since 2008 • 17774 Posts

Sorry. I didn't see the skill thing. My friend was bragging about getting his construction skill or whatever maxed out in Runescape, so you could give that a try.

SpaceMoose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 SpaceMoose
Member since 2004 • 10789 Posts

ffxi allows house customisation of sorts

tho` if yur used to the fast paced battle system of wow it may not be to yur liking.

try the trial and see :)

fazedjb

FF XI is the biggest grindfest of a game on the face of the Earth. Okay, I'm sure there are some worse ones out there somewhere, but it's really bad. Seriously, EVERYTHING in that game is a long and ridiculous grind, no matter how boring or trivially easy it is, like fishing for example.

Then on top of that, forming a coherent party and having everyone stay long enough to do anything at moderate to high levels is a joke...unless they've made major overhauls to the combat system since I played it years ago. It doesn't help that there's a large number of job classes but you more or less need two specific ones out of those in every group, namely a WHM and a PLD / WAR. I can only imagine that it's even worse these days.

bekabee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 bekabee
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
Brill guys, thanks for the suggestions! I will try a few out and let ya's now! :)))
zomglolcats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9 zomglolcats
Member since 2008 • 4335 Posts

Vanguard has a lot of crafting, however, I'm not sure if you actually can build houses. Anybody know?

You could try Ultima Online but I would imagine that would be an awfully painful experience considering how ancient that game is :P

KalDurenik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 KalDurenik
Member since 2004 • 3736 Posts

Wurm online? Ugly as hell, No real animations... But you can do close to anything in that game.

For example if you are bored you can gather dirt on one place and make a new mountain that people can see on the world map...

But there is like 100-200 people playing it.

aura_enchanted

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#11 aura_enchanted
Member since 2006 • 7942 Posts

puzzle pirates :D