• 53 results
  • 1
  • 2

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for KHAndAnime
#2 Posted by KHAndAnime (17565 posts) -

Did you really need to make a new thread for this? There are DayZ threads on the front page. Some servers use their own hives.

Avatar image for fatee
#3 Edited by fatee (371 posts) -

It's an Alpha. Expect that and worse.

Save files are however the server determines them to be. Some are collective under a single banner, some have their own take on how it should work.

A good rule of thumb:

Any server with drastically different rule-sets or mods will not allow that character to continue on another server with different criteria.

Stick to "stock" servers and rules, these usually work well other servers too.

Just remember: Alpha.

Avatar image for KHAndAnime
#4 Posted by KHAndAnime (17565 posts) -

@fatee said:

It's an Alpha. Expect that and worse.

Save files are however the server determines them to be. Some are collective under a single banner, some have their own take on how it should work.

A good rule of thumb:

Any server with drastically different rule-sets or mods will not allow that character to continue on another server with different criteria.

Stick to "stock" servers and rules, these usually work well other servers too.

Just remember: Alpha.

It doesn't even necessarily have anything to do with altered rules. Some servers want the same rules, but their own collection of character files. This prevents server hopping and ghosting.

Avatar image for MBirdy88
#5 Posted by MBirdy88 (12054 posts) -

@geminontraveler said:

played for 2 hours... lost my connection to the server... went to a different server... lost my character and all my gear?

wtf?

correct me if im wrong but... isnt your char supposed to follow you?

welcome to a £20 alpha.... now bend over some more, maybe give them an extra £10 ... and they will make a finished game in 2 years time.

Avatar image for pelvist
#6 Edited by pelvist (6601 posts) -

If the server is using a private hive then your character isnt persistent across other servers. The server usually has an indication of it being a private hive in the server name.

Avatar image for PredatorRules
#8 Posted by PredatorRules (11904 posts) -

That's why I play Rust.

Avatar image for blangenakker
#9 Edited by blangenakker (3240 posts) -

So are you playing the mod or standalone?

Avatar image for MBirdy88
#10 Posted by MBirdy88 (12054 posts) -

@geminontraveler said:

@MBirdy88 said:

@geminontraveler said:

played for 2 hours... lost my connection to the server... went to a different server... lost my character and all my gear?

wtf?

correct me if im wrong but... isnt your char supposed to follow you?

welcome to a £20 alpha.... now bend over some more, maybe give them an extra £10 ... and they will make a finished game in 2 years time.

well... i didnt pay a dime for the game soooo...

i will never pay to play a beta or alpha... it doesnt make any sense to do so. i just get to enjoy the perks of having a decent twitch stream... people give you things.

Fair enough, smart man.

Avatar image for Arthas045
#11 Edited by Arthas045 (5758 posts) -

@PredatorRules said:

That's why I play Rust.

I think I am going to get that instead of DayZ. The more I watch it the more fun it looks.

Avatar image for PredatorRules
#12 Edited by PredatorRules (11904 posts) -

@Arthas045 said:

@PredatorRules said:

That's why I play Rust.

I think I am going to get that instead of DayZ. The more I watch it the more fun it looks.

You should totally watch Markiplier vids about Rust

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0nexU4APLY0&list=PL3tRBEVW0hiChX-mD3wZ2LCDTvigwOA3T&feature=share

Avatar image for Arthas045
#13 Posted by Arthas045 (5758 posts) -

@PredatorRules said:

@Arthas045 said:

@PredatorRules said:

That's why I play Rust.

I think I am going to get that instead of DayZ. The more I watch it the more fun it looks.

You should totally watch Markiplier vids about Rust

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0nexU4APLY0&list=PL3tRBEVW0hiChX-mD3wZ2LCDTvigwOA3T&feature=share

Yeah, those are the ones that I got me into thinking about the purchase.

Avatar image for with_teeth26
#14 Posted by with_teeth26 (8213 posts) -

@Arthas045 said:

@PredatorRules said:

@Arthas045 said:

@PredatorRules said:

That's why I play Rust.

I think I am going to get that instead of DayZ. The more I watch it the more fun it looks.

You should totally watch Markiplier vids about Rust

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0nexU4APLY0&list=PL3tRBEVW0hiChX-mD3wZ2LCDTvigwOA3T&feature=share

Yeah, those are the ones that I got me into thinking about the purchase.

I would advise against getting Dayz Standalone right now, its very buggy has basic issues like server hopping and combat logging on top of the severe lack of features. It will get better but it will be a slow, gradual process, it sounds like Rust will probably give you more bang for your buck right now, although I have not tried it.

Avatar image for Arthas045
#15 Posted by Arthas045 (5758 posts) -

@with_teeth26 said:

@Arthas045 said:

@PredatorRules said:

@Arthas045 said:

@PredatorRules said:

That's why I play Rust.

I think I am going to get that instead of DayZ. The more I watch it the more fun it looks.

You should totally watch Markiplier vids about Rust

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0nexU4APLY0&list=PL3tRBEVW0hiChX-mD3wZ2LCDTvigwOA3T&feature=share

Yeah, those are the ones that I got me into thinking about the purchase.

I would advise against getting Dayz Standalone right now, its very buggy has basic issues like server hopping and combat logging on top of the severe lack of features. It will get better but it will be a slow, gradual process, it sounds like Rust will probably give you more bang for your buck right now, although I have not tried it.

Thank you sir, I believe I may download it tonight and start bashing things with a rock.... I do not have any friends that play Rust, hope the community is so/so.

Avatar image for PredatorRules
#16 Edited by PredatorRules (11904 posts) -

@Arthas045 said:

@with_teeth26 said:

@Arthas045 said:

@PredatorRules said:

@Arthas045 said:

@PredatorRules said:

That's why I play Rust.

I think I am going to get that instead of DayZ. The more I watch it the more fun it looks.

You should totally watch Markiplier vids about Rust

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0nexU4APLY0&list=PL3tRBEVW0hiChX-mD3wZ2LCDTvigwOA3T&feature=share

Yeah, those are the ones that I got me into thinking about the purchase.

I would advise against getting Dayz Standalone right now, its very buggy has basic issues like server hopping and combat logging on top of the severe lack of features. It will get better but it will be a slow, gradual process, it sounds like Rust will probably give you more bang for your buck right now, although I have not tried it.

Thank you sir, I believe I may download it tonight and start bashing things with a rock.... I do not have any friends that play Rust, hope the community is so/so.

You could join me :D

Avatar image for adamosmaki
#18 Posted by adamosmaki (10545 posts) -

and thats one of the problems with alpha releases lately. On one hand is a good think devs get to support their game by selling an alpha version but there are alot of negatives to paying for alpha testing ( more imo than the good thinks ) . For once people buy the game and alot of them like TC expect a polish product. That aint happening and Steam need to put more warnings and impose to devs to describe on the first page on what it currently works and what is been planned about games been on early access. They also need some sort of time limit on how long a game can be on early access. You cant put a game on early access for 2-3 years

Avatar image for Nick3306
#19 Posted by Nick3306 (3262 posts) -

@geminontraveler said:

yeah, the standalone is nothing special.... the mod is far superior as of right now.

also... the performance of the standalone is a joke. my PC is no slouch, and WOW... it runs like a dog. the mod runs much better, which honestly makes no sense considering they are basically the same engine.

my biggest gripe? the controls. not even going to lie, its like they are trying to design the game to be as unwieldy as possible. i honestly dont think they could have come up with a more awful control scheme. i gave it all a pass in the mod because they were basically limited to how Arma controlled.... but in the standalone, it is ridiculous.

i think it is pretty obvious at this point that all that was really done was to make a standalone port of the mod that they could make money off of, instead of the complete overhaul that they initially were promising.

i may just drop the game altogether and look in to Rust. everyone seems to have a hard on for it right now... but from the vids i have seen i dont see what the big deal is.

Lol the standalone being just a port of the mod? That statement is so ignorant its ridiculous. They have overhauled a lot of things, especially the inventory system and are continuing to makes changes, it's an alpha. Of course the game will run a bit slow because they are busy adding features and new things, they aren't focused on optimization, it's an alpha. The control scheme isn't that bad, although they seriously need to let the users be able to turn off mouse acceleration. They also have room to improve the controls in the future because it's an alpha (I hope you see a reoccurring theme here).

Avatar image for KHAndAnime
#23 Edited by KHAndAnime (17565 posts) -

@geminontraveler said:

@KHAndAnime said:

@geminontraveler said:

yeah, the standalone is nothing special.... the mod is far superior as of right now.

also... the performance of the standalone is a joke. my PC is no slouch, and WOW... it runs like a dog. the mod runs much better, which honestly makes no sense considering they are basically the same engine.

my biggest gripe? the controls. not even going to lie, its like they are trying to design the game to be as unwieldy as possible. i honestly dont think they could have come up with a more awful control scheme. i gave it all a pass in the mod because they were basically limited to how Arma controlled.... but in the standalone, it is ridiculous.

i think it is pretty obvious at this point that all that was really done was to make a standalone port of the mod that they could make money off of, instead of the complete overhaul that they initially were promising.

i may just drop the game altogether and look in to Rust. everyone seems to have a hard on for it right now... but from the vids i have seen i dont see what the big deal is.

DayZ simply might not be your game - it's for patient, mature people. People who don't cry when they make their first mistake (such as joining the wrong hive). Not necessarily the same type of people who hop from popular game to popular game and judge them based on their alpha states.

As for me, your post sounds grounded in fantasy-land. DayZ SA runs tons better than the mod for me. And it looks WAY better too. Every texture is improved, SSAO, parallax clouds - it's practically a whole new game graphically. The controls are nearly identical to the mod, so you sound a little silly when you say the controls are completely different. Are you sure you played SA?. It doesn't sound that way from your post. :\

yeah... patient, mature people like you? rofl... dear god

the irony is thick in here.

Well, I didn't write a post crying a game sucks because I wasn't smart enough to join the correct server, did I? If everyone who played DayZ had your mentality, we'd have 1,100,000+ players spamming these forums up with their "omg, where did my character go?!11" posts.

Avatar image for KHAndAnime
#25 Edited by KHAndAnime (17565 posts) -

@geminontraveler said:

@Nick3306 said:

@geminontraveler said:

yeah, the standalone is nothing special.... the mod is far superior as of right now.

also... the performance of the standalone is a joke. my PC is no slouch, and WOW... it runs like a dog. the mod runs much better, which honestly makes no sense considering they are basically the same engine.

my biggest gripe? the controls. not even going to lie, its like they are trying to design the game to be as unwieldy as possible. i honestly dont think they could have come up with a more awful control scheme. i gave it all a pass in the mod because they were basically limited to how Arma controlled.... but in the standalone, it is ridiculous.

i think it is pretty obvious at this point that all that was really done was to make a standalone port of the mod that they could make money off of, instead of the complete overhaul that they initially were promising.

i may just drop the game altogether and look in to Rust. everyone seems to have a hard on for it right now... but from the vids i have seen i dont see what the big deal is.

Lol the standalone being just a port of the mod? That statement is so ignorant its ridiculous. They have overhauled a lot of things, especially the inventory system and are continuing to makes changes, it's an alpha. Of course the game will run a bit slow because they are busy adding features and new things, they aren't focused on optimization, it's an alpha. The control scheme isn't that bad, although they seriously need to let the users be able to turn off mouse acceleration. They also have room to improve the controls in the future because it's an alpha (I hope you see a reoccurring theme here).

whaaaatever. apparently you are ok with games with control schemes that are completely unintuitive and unnecessarily fiddly. a new UI for the inventory, some clothes, and some graphics changes are not "a lot of things".... the UI mostly just looks different. it doesnt behave different. i think i would know, i have hundreds of hours on the mod....

i think honestly the biggest change from the mod is the fact that zombies arent completely batshit crazy in their pathing and how they behave.... which is something that i shouldnt even have to list as a bonus....

making excuses helps nobody. the fact is that after spending a just a few hours with the standalone it is pretty easy to tell that a large majority of content was just ported over from the mod. after a year and a half of development i expected a lot more from the standalone. at its current rate, the game will be old and stale before it even gets to release....

oh and KHdickface.... please just save me the hassle of having to flag your post and dont bother? i know you are a mad, pants on head fanboy that has two fingers in Rockets butthole, but i really just dont give a shit about seeing your opinion. thanks.

You can flag a post because I make you mad, but that doesn't mean mods are going to doing anything about it. My posts are completely within the rules of the forum. The UI is completely different from the one in the mod. Why are you so mad at DayZ that you have to lie about it? Did Rocket pork your mom or something?

Maybe if you spent a little bit of time reading about how the game works, you wouldn't have to waste your time by joining the wrong hive. And then you wouldn't have to attempt to take your frustration out on the game with a bunch of misleading statements.

Avatar image for FelipeInside
#26 Posted by FelipeInside (28473 posts) -

My friend kept on insisting with it so I decided to not follow my normal rules and this was the first "Early Access" game I purchased.

I've played a few hours (never played the mod) and the game has potential, but as of now it probably isn't worth buying unless you are really willing to put up with character wipes, control problems, bugs, and stability issues.

When the game works (and the character is saved), it really brings across the "Walking Dead" feeling and interesting to play, but for people thinking of buying it, give it another year or at least until Beta.

Avatar image for Nick3306
#27 Edited by Nick3306 (3262 posts) -

@geminontraveler said:

@Nick3306 said:

@geminontraveler said:

yeah, the standalone is nothing special.... the mod is far superior as of right now.

also... the performance of the standalone is a joke. my PC is no slouch, and WOW... it runs like a dog. the mod runs much better, which honestly makes no sense considering they are basically the same engine.

my biggest gripe? the controls. not even going to lie, its like they are trying to design the game to be as unwieldy as possible. i honestly dont think they could have come up with a more awful control scheme. i gave it all a pass in the mod because they were basically limited to how Arma controlled.... but in the standalone, it is ridiculous.

i think it is pretty obvious at this point that all that was really done was to make a standalone port of the mod that they could make money off of, instead of the complete overhaul that they initially were promising.

i may just drop the game altogether and look in to Rust. everyone seems to have a hard on for it right now... but from the vids i have seen i dont see what the big deal is.

Lol the standalone being just a port of the mod? That statement is so ignorant its ridiculous. They have overhauled a lot of things, especially the inventory system and are continuing to makes changes, it's an alpha. Of course the game will run a bit slow because they are busy adding features and new things, they aren't focused on optimization, it's an alpha. The control scheme isn't that bad, although they seriously need to let the users be able to turn off mouse acceleration. They also have room to improve the controls in the future because it's an alpha (I hope you see a reoccurring theme here).

whaaaatever. apparently you are ok with games with control schemes that are completely unintuitive and unnecessarily fiddly. a new UI for the inventory, some clothes, and some graphics changes are not "a lot of things".... the UI mostly just looks different. it doesnt behave different. i think i would know, i have hundreds of hours on the mod....

i think honestly the biggest change from the mod is the fact that zombies arent completely batshit crazy in their pathing and how they behave.... which is something that i shouldnt even have to list as a bonus....

making excuses helps nobody. the fact is that after spending a just a few hours with the standalone it is pretty easy to tell that a large majority of content was just ported over from the mod. after a year and a half of development i expected a lot more from the standalone. at its current rate, the game will be old and stale before it even gets to release....

oh and KHdickface.... please just save me the hassle of having to flag your post and dont bother? i know you are a mad, pants on head fanboy that has two fingers in Rockets butthole, but i really just dont give a shit about seeing your opinion. thanks.

I guess you just dont understand what an alpha actually is.... thats too bad.

Avatar image for KHAndAnime
#28 Edited by KHAndAnime (17565 posts) -

The DayZ Mod UI had no drag-n-drop capabilities for items, items didn't take up physical backpack space, there were no hotkeys, no physical inventory spacing, no containers....

Like...the UI couldn't be any more different in terms of functionality...and you're saying it's the same? And you're calling me the dickface? You're one crazy troll. You evidently didn't play the mod OR the standalone - all you've done so far is prove that you know nothing about either.

Avatar image for tabris91
#31 Edited by Tabris91 (7779 posts) -

@PredatorRules said:

That's why I play Rust.

I tried Rust and it didn't seem that great. There didn't seem to be much to do.

Avatar image for KHAndAnime
#33 Edited by KHAndAnime (17565 posts) -
@geminontraveler said:

i was neither crying, nor claiming the game "sucks"

mad fanboy is mad.... look at him go.

All you did was amass a bunch of random complaints against the game...many of which are false.

i think it is pretty obvious at this point that all that was really done was to make a standalone port of the mod that they could make money off of, instead of the complete overhaul that they initially were promising.

Sounds a lot like crying and claiming a game sucks to me. The SA is insanely far from being a mere port of the mod. Crybabies typically have to lie to try to make their point...(like saying the UI hasn't changed in functionality...and then claiming the controls are completely different when they are nearly identical to the mod).

Avatar image for FelipeInside
#34 Posted by FelipeInside (28473 posts) -

I played a bit just then.

Got my character some gear and across the map. Had to log off for a bit, came back in and RESPAWN? f*********

I think I'm gonna wait till beta to play again, no point playing if at least it doesn't save your character.

Avatar image for KHAndAnime
#35 Edited by KHAndAnime (17565 posts) -

@FelipeInside said:

I played a bit just then.

Got my character some gear and across the map. Had to log off for a bit, came back in and RESPAWN? f*********

I think I'm gonna wait till beta to play again, no point playing if at least it doesn't save your character.

In this case, the problem is entirely between the chair and the keyboard...did you join the same hive that you were previously playing? I've had the same character for the last 26 days. There are no wipes. Your character is *always* saved. You simply need to be aware of *where* it is saved.

Avatar image for FelipeInside
#36 Posted by FelipeInside (28473 posts) -

@KHAndAnime said:

@FelipeInside said:

I played a bit just then.

Got my character some gear and across the map. Had to log off for a bit, came back in and RESPAWN? f*********

I think I'm gonna wait till beta to play again, no point playing if at least it doesn't save your character.

In this case, the problem is entirely between the chair and the keyboard...did you join the same hive that you were previously playing? I've had the same character for the last 26 days. There are no wipes. Your character is *always* saved. You simply need to be aware of *where* it is saved.

Ok. Same "hive"? as in same server?

Avatar image for daious
#37 Posted by Daious (2315 posts) -

@Arthas045 said:

@PredatorRules said:

That's why I play Rust.

I think I am going to get that instead of DayZ. The more I watch it the more fun it looks.

its fun but the hacking in that game is unbearable. you will get forced into killing yourself with the suicide hackers.

Avatar image for KHAndAnime
#38 Edited by KHAndAnime (17565 posts) -

@FelipeInside said:

@KHAndAnime said:

@FelipeInside said:

I played a bit just then.

Got my character some gear and across the map. Had to log off for a bit, came back in and RESPAWN? f*********

I think I'm gonna wait till beta to play again, no point playing if at least it doesn't save your character.

In this case, the problem is entirely between the chair and the keyboard...did you join the same hive that you were previously playing? I've had the same character for the last 26 days. There are no wipes. Your character is *always* saved. You simply need to be aware of *where* it is saved.

Ok. Same "hive"? as in same server?

A hive is another word for "database". Some servers share the same hive, some servers have their personal hives, but the majority of the servers operate on the official hive.

This hive system was just implemented the other day based on popular requests, because it existed in the mod.

Personally, I don't like there being various hives - exactly because they cause the problems people are having in this thread. Servers aren't marked clearly at the moment based on their hive. It's really easy to join the wrong server and think you've been wiped. Or worse - you've been playing on someone's personal hive and you can't access your character on the main hive. This happened to me last night - I managed to get my character completely suited up, but I ended up being stuck on a hive that only 5 other people were playing on.

I really can't emphasize enough how you have to constantly read this game's forums if you actually want to give it a fair shot. This game is not finished in any way whatsoever, and there are tons of things you simply aren't going to figure out because accessability isn't a factor in this game's development right now. If anyone is expecting to just buy the game, jump in, and have fun despite not knowing what you're doing - they're being a dingus. You're likely going to do what the OP did - waste your time and then get pissed off at the game before figuring out how it's different than the mod.

Standalone is absolutely nothing like the mod. Standalone is extremely massive and ambitious compared to what's going on in the mod. I'd know they're nothing alike because I actively play both.

Avatar image for Croag821
#39 Posted by Croag821 (2331 posts) -

Do PC gamers not know what an alpha is anymore?

In the game's steam page the developer even warns people NOT to buy the game because it's unfinished and glitchy.

None of the bugs, lack of content, performance issues should be to surprising.

Avatar image for FelipeInside
#40 Posted by FelipeInside (28473 posts) -

@KHAndAnime said:

A hive is another word for "database". Some servers share the same hive, some servers have their personal hives, but the majority of the servers operate on the official hive.

I'm not getting pissed off. I know what an Alpha is and was expecting bugs and the like, but at least save the character.

This hive system is a bit weird. How can you connect to the same hive all the time?

Avatar image for Nick3306
#41 Edited by Nick3306 (3262 posts) -

@FelipeInside said:

@KHAndAnime said:

A hive is another word for "database". Some servers share the same hive, some servers have their personal hives, but the majority of the servers operate on the official hive.

I'm not getting pissed off. I know what an Alpha is and was expecting bugs and the like, but at least save the character.

This hive system is a bit weird. How can you connect to the same hive all the time?

Always join the servers that use that hive. The problem is that the hive is not always clearly labeled in the server names, they need to fix that.

Avatar image for FelipeInside
#42 Posted by FelipeInside (28473 posts) -

@Nick3306 said:

@FelipeInside said:

@KHAndAnime said:

A hive is another word for "database". Some servers share the same hive, some servers have their personal hives, but the majority of the servers operate on the official hive.

I'm not getting pissed off. I know what an Alpha is and was expecting bugs and the like, but at least save the character.

This hive system is a bit weird. How can you connect to the same hive all the time?

Always join the servers that use that hive. The problem is that the hive is not always clearly labeled in the server names, they need to fix that.

Yeah it's a bit difficult.

I always join the same server (in my favourites) and the respawn thing happened, so I thought it was that server so I joined another one. It saved it a few times but then all of a sudden it respawned.

Avatar image for KHAndAnime
#43 Edited by KHAndAnime (17565 posts) -

@adamosmaki said:

and thats one of the problems with alpha releases lately. On one hand is a good think devs get to support their game by selling an alpha version but there are alot of negatives to paying for alpha testing ( more imo than the good thinks ) . For once people buy the game and alot of them like TC expect a polish product. That aint happening and Steam need to put more warnings and impose to devs to describe on the first page on what it currently works and what is been planned about games been on early access. They also need some sort of time limit on how long a game can be on early access. You cant put a game on early access for 2-3 years

"WARNING: THIS GAME IS EARLY ACCESS ALPHA. PLEASE DO NOT PURCHASE IT UNLESS YOU WANT TO ACTIVELY SUPPORT DEVELOPMENT OF THE GAME AND ARE PREPARED TO HANDLE WITH SERIOUS ISSUES AND POSSIBLE INTERRUPTIONS OF GAME FUNCTIONING."

What the developers say:

“DayZ Early Access is your chance to experience DayZ as it evolves throughout its development process. Be aware that our Early Access offer is a representation of our core pillars, and the framework we have created around them. It is a work in progress and therefore contains a variety of bugs. We strongly advise you not to buy and play the game at this stage unless you clearly understand what Early Access means and are interested in participating in the ongoing development cycle"

These warnings pretty much hog the store page. They couldn't make it any more apparent if they tried...

Avatar image for cyloninside
#45 Edited by cyloninside (815 posts) -

@KHAndAnime said:
@geminontraveler said:

i was neither crying, nor claiming the game "sucks"

mad fanboy is mad.... look at him go.

All you did was amass a bunch of random complaints against the game...many of which are false.

i think it is pretty obvious at this point that all that was really done was to make a standalone port of the mod that they could make money off of, instead of the complete overhaul that they initially were promising.

Sounds a lot like crying and claiming a game sucks to me. The SA is insanely far from being a mere port of the mod. Crybabies typically have to lie to try to make their point...(like saying the UI hasn't changed in functionality...and then claiming the controls are completely different when they are nearly identical to the mod).

jesus... you seem pretty mad dude. are you personally vested in dayz? stock or something? is rocket your boyfriend?

the guy did nothing of the sort KH. he neither claimed it sucked, nor was he "crying". you being a raging fanboy and rushing in with a bleeding heart defense for your precious game.

all i ever see you do on these forums is run around acting like a jackass to everyone. it is old and pathetic.

i have played both the mod and the SA, and the guy is right.... it isnt that different. the UI got a reskin, there is new equipment, and the zombies are a lot less funky when you can actually find one. those three points he made are -exactly- correct. that is really it. stop trying to puff it up like it is a whole new game. you even prove his point with the comment about the controls.... he even said in his post that they WERE near identical to the mod, and that he was able to excuse it with the mod because it was limited to arma controls. the SA is NOT limited to arma controls, and yet the controls are still completely bonkers/unintuitive/drivel.

making all of these BS excuses for the game helps nobody. i will never understand why people always rush to the defense of their precious games with excuses for things that are clearly NOT RIGHT. blows my mind every time.

Avatar image for FelipeInside
#46 Posted by FelipeInside (28473 posts) -

@geminontraveler said:


there isnt much to do in dayz either, considering zombies are nonexistent on most servers, and loot isnt spawning like it should either.

well... that and there just generally not being much to do. there are no vehicles, no construction, no real point to it all. you just search buildings for gear and food... and do it all over again when you get to the next town. ofcourse supposedly some of this stuff is getting patched in at some future date... but by then i will be surprised if anyone is really still playing the game.

I agree with this. I've played about 4 hours of DayZ so far (when it saves my character anyway), and it's basically that... just run in a direction, hope zombies or people don't kill you and search for food.

Once they add stuff like vehicles, construction, even PvE towns or something like that then the game will really be good. Hope the devs don't take too long and the novelty wears off for the gamers.

Avatar image for Mortalmaster123
#47 Posted by Mortalmaster123 (1275 posts) -

I'm most excited for them to optimize the game more so that it runs smoother!

Avatar image for Nick3306
#48 Posted by Nick3306 (3262 posts) -

@cyloninside said:

@KHAndAnime said:
@geminontraveler said:

i was neither crying, nor claiming the game "sucks"

mad fanboy is mad.... look at him go.

All you did was amass a bunch of random complaints against the game...many of which are false.

i think it is pretty obvious at this point that all that was really done was to make a standalone port of the mod that they could make money off of, instead of the complete overhaul that they initially were promising.

Sounds a lot like crying and claiming a game sucks to me. The SA is insanely far from being a mere port of the mod. Crybabies typically have to lie to try to make their point...(like saying the UI hasn't changed in functionality...and then claiming the controls are completely different when they are nearly identical to the mod).

jesus... you seem pretty mad dude. are you personally vested in dayz? stock or something? is rocket your boyfriend?

the guy did nothing of the sort KH. he neither claimed it sucked, nor was he "crying". you being a raging fanboy and rushing in with a bleeding heart defense for your precious game.

all i ever see you do on these forums is run around acting like a jackass to everyone. it is old and pathetic.

i have played both the mod and the SA, and the guy is right.... it isnt that different. the UI got a reskin, there is new equipment, and the zombies are a lot less funky when you can actually find one. those three points he made are -exactly- correct. that is really it. stop trying to puff it up like it is a whole new game. you even prove his point with the comment about the controls.... he even said in his post that they WERE near identical to the mod, and that he was able to excuse it with the mod because it was limited to arma controls. the SA is NOT limited to arma controls, and yet the controls are still completely bonkers/unintuitive/drivel.

making all of these BS excuses for the game helps nobody. i will never understand why people always rush to the defense of their precious games with excuses for things that are clearly NOT RIGHT. blows my mind every time.

It's an alpha. Why the hell can't anyone understand that?

Avatar image for Mcspanky37
#50 Edited by Mcspanky37 (1693 posts) -

@cyloninside said:

@KHAndAnime said:
@geminontraveler said:

i was neither crying, nor claiming the game "sucks"

mad fanboy is mad.... look at him go.

All you did was amass a bunch of random complaints against the game...many of which are false.

i think it is pretty obvious at this point that all that was really done was to make a standalone port of the mod that they could make money off of, instead of the complete overhaul that they initially were promising.

Sounds a lot like crying and claiming a game sucks to me. The SA is insanely far from being a mere port of the mod. Crybabies typically have to lie to try to make their point...(like saying the UI hasn't changed in functionality...and then claiming the controls are completely different when they are nearly identical to the mod).

jesus... you seem pretty mad dude. are you personally vested in dayz? stock or something? is rocket your boyfriend?

the guy did nothing of the sort KH. he neither claimed it sucked, nor was he "crying". you being a raging fanboy and rushing in with a bleeding heart defense for your precious game.

Claiming something is a mere port cash grab is another way of saying something sucks, genius.

So, you're also saying the UI hasn't been completely redesigned from the mod? Why can't you or your buddy elaborate on that a little bit? It was already explained how it's a completely different interface from the ground up...yet you failed to explain how it's similar to the old UI in one way. As KH said, If you have to go around spreading misinformation about games to try to make a point, it's pretty clear you don't have one...

he even said in his post that they WERE near identical to the mod, and that he was able to excuse it with the mod because it was limited to arma controls. the SA is NOT limited to arma controls, and yet the controls are still completely bonkers/unintuitive/drivel.

The game is still made on the ArmA engine, why the hell would you expect the game to have completely different controls? Expecting a night and day difference in terms of controls when it comes to the brand new alpha of the game...says a lot about your expectations from an alpha product. What's so bad about the controls again? WSAD too unintuitive for you?

This thread should be renamed "I bought an alpha expecting a finished game, why is this game so bad?!".