Transferring Half Life Saves Into Source

This topic is locked from further discussion.

armyman455

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#1 armyman455
Member since 2008 • 914 Posts

so ive had the old half life on my pc for a while and i decided to pick up source because its a $1.50 this weekend and ive gotten quite some distance in the game and i was wondering if there's any way to bring my saves from the original Half Life into my copy of Half Life Source, i tried just copying the saves over but they unfortunately dont show up in game, any ideas?

kris9031998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 kris9031998
Member since 2008 • 7554 Posts
I dont think you can, since the whole thing about it being on a different engine and such....
KLONE360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 KLONE360
Member since 2007 • 1119 Posts
Diffrent engine, wont work. Would be more effort to try and get the saves on to source then to just replay it. I also grabbed HLS and all the HL2 games, though I never got very far into HL1. I have hl2 on PS3 but the price is just so cheap with this sale on! As a said before just finish the orginal game or replay the HLS from the beginning, Also you could use Cheat codes to just skip to whatever point you want. Half life source and goldsrc have no diffrences aside from physics, water rendering, and some effects. Its pretty much the same game.
armyman455

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 armyman455
Member since 2008 • 914 Posts

yeah ill probably just replay it although i love the game and Half Life is my favorite video game franchise ever lol i hate the begining because its slow and takes some time to pick up, i mostly picked up source because i was hoping they'd add steam cloud service to it someday

KLONE360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 KLONE360
Member since 2007 • 1119 Posts

yeah ill probably just replay it although i love the game and Half Life is my favorite video game franchise ever lol i hate the begining because its slow and takes some time to pick up, i mostly picked up source because i was hoping they'd add steam cloud service to it someday

armyman455
That would be neat if they did ad cloud. just go impulse 101 and kill everyone.