Total War Campaign Lan?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 0

#1 kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts

Not sure about Lan but...

Total War Shogun2 is the only Total War game that has PROPER coop campaign. The others only allow you to FIGHT as the AI and not together.

Spent hundreds of hours with my cousin on coop Shogun2, you can totally work and play together. Defending a castle together against the AI is a blast

demi0227_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 demi0227_basic
Member since 2002 • 1940 Posts

Google has been unhelpful in my current search, so I thought I'd ask you guys.

I want to play a campaign mode of Total War with my wife, but I'm not sure which game to get.  I have Empire, Napoleon, and Shogun 2, but I'm open to other options.  I'd prefer to play lan if possible to get rid of any potential lag...graphics are nice, but I really don't care that much on this one.  I would like my wife to be able to battle, as well as do all the "civ" type stuff around battles.

There are so many total war games out, and lots of confusing threads out there.  Can you guys help out?  Again...I want battles and the turn based parts in a full campaign for my wife and I to play, preferably in LAN.  Thanks!

monstachruck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 monstachruck
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts

If you don't mind spending a little more money, Medieval II has an unofficial "retrofit patch" that lets you play the campaign hotseat, but fights between you and another player are just auto-calculated i think.

Shatilov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#4 Shatilov
Member since 2005 • 4150 Posts
Shogun 2 has Coop and it works in Lan, I've tried it with my brother, and it works. But you need to have 2 separate steam accounts. One for you, and the other for your wife, and you need the 2 PCs to be connected to the internet, through the same router/modem. And it will work in LAN. Also you need to get the game twice (1 for each account).
demi0227_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 demi0227_basic
Member since 2002 • 1940 Posts
Thanks for the info. I think that's what I've setteled on. My bro has Shogun as well, so I'm going to pick another copy for my wife (probably another for kids too!) on the next steam sale/amazon sale. Thanks guys.
Shatilov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#6 Shatilov
Member since 2005 • 4150 Posts
glad to know it worked out.