To anyone who wants to try Huxley a MMOFPS

This topic is locked from further discussion.

kilerchese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 kilerchese
Member since 2008 • 831 Posts

http://forums.ijji.com/showthread.php?t=626042

Hi all,
For the final 2 days of Huxley testing we are opening the server to everyone for a large-scale stress test. As of right now, all non CBT testers can log in to http://huxley.ijji.com/cbt.nhn and download the client. Then tomorrow from 11am - 10pm PST they can get a character set up and try to make it into your faction's main City. Finally, 8/12/09 from 3pm - 7pm PST, we want as many people online as possible at one time. This will be our final test of the servers before we go back down to digest and implement all the great feedback and suggestions from CBT2 before Open Beta.

So please get set up on 8/11 from 11am - 7pm PST, and get everyone you know to play on 8/12 from 3pm - 7pm PST. Thank you!

I've been playing since the closed beta started in July. It's a really interesting game.

DO NOT CAME TO THIS GAME THINKING IT IS GOING TO BE REALISTIC

THIS IS SUPPOSED TO BE A SHOOTER THAT MIMICS UNREAL TOURNAMENT TYPE GAME PLAY

custerke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 custerke
Member since 2007 • 945 Posts

Nice, I've been interested in this game from the moment i heard from it, but it kinda disappeared from the radar a few years and now its finally back and on his way to the release. I rly wanna know how its turned out now, maybe I'll buy it if it plays properly, I'm gettin kinda bored of all those WoW mmo's.

G-Lord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 G-Lord
Member since 2004 • 2141 Posts
Thanks for posting, I guess I will give it a try
kilerchese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 kilerchese

Nice, I've been interested in this game from the moment i heard from it, but it kinda disappeared from the radar a few years and now its finally back and on his way to the release. I rly wanna know how its turned out now, maybe I'll buy it if it plays properly, I'm gettin kinda bored of all those WoW mmo's.

custerke

Actually, the game is going to be Free 2 Play through ijji. They are going to keep it running by using an Item Mall.

According to GM_Dak the item mall won't contain any game altering items like better equipment, only apperal.

Avatar image for dan-rofl-copter
dan-rofl-copter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 dan-rofl-copter
Member since 2008 • 2702 Posts

Nice wont be able to play I think will try though.

kilerchese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 kilerchese

Just remember, this is a realism shooter, it is a twitched based shooter like Unreal Tournament.

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#7 Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts

There is nothing MMO about it. Trust me.

kilerchese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 kilerchese

It has the same MMO aspect as GuildWars....

zomglolcats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9 zomglolcats
Member since 2008 • 4335 Posts
Yeah I've heard this game isn't large scale warfare. A real MMOFPS was Planetside, this isn't.
kilerchese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 kilerchese

Yeah I've heard this game isn't large scale warfare. A real MMOFPS was Planetside, this isn't.zomglolcats

Right now it does have 16vs16 battlefields which they plan to expand to 32vs32 up to 128vs128.

lenson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 lenson
Member since 2006 • 2531 Posts

Yea I did.. two years ago! Now I don't think the game will ever come out so I've stopped caring.

SpaceMoose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 SpaceMoose
Member since 2004 • 10789 Posts
Not knowing much about the game itself, every time I see this game title I think of The Cosby Show because of the name Huxtable.
k0r3aN_pR1d3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#14 k0r3aN_pR1d3
Member since 2005 • 2148 Posts
It is pretty much Unreal Tournament 3 transformed into a MMO. Runs the same engine, devs worked closely examining UT3, weapon schematics ar ethe same, blah blah blah.
MTBare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 MTBare
Member since 2006 • 5176 Posts
It is pretty much Unreal Tournament 3 transformed into a MMO. Runs the same engine, devs worked closely examining UT3, weapon schematics ar ethe same, blah blah blah. k0r3aN_pR1d3
Except that it wasn't transformed into a MMO. It's a lesser quality UT with a fancy little lobby and P2P skirmishes that UT beats scale wise.
kilaan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 kilaan
Member since 2003 • 845 Posts
All competitive matches are peer to peer. No dedicated servers 9/10 matches are unplayable due to lag. Limited choice of guns and the only gun I found to be worth anything is the rocket launcher. Co op/single player uninspired and boring. Weapons/armor uninspired and boring. There is a reason that this went F2P (was originally going to be P2P) Played it for a day and a half to give it a chance and it at it's best it was just a 'meh'
weirjf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#17 weirjf
Member since 2002 • 2392 Posts

All competitive matches are peer to peer. No dedicated servers 9/10 matches are unplayable due to lag. Limited choice of guns and the only gun I found to be worth anything is the rocket launcher. Co op/single player uninspired and boring. Weapons/armor uninspired and boring. There is a reason that this went F2P (was originally going to be P2P) Played it for a day and a half to give it a chance and it at it's best it was just a 'meh'kilaan

this x10

Anthony01355

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Anthony01355
Member since 2006 • 1486 Posts

I have a 3 year old Gameinformer magazine somewhere that has a release date for this game, I sorta of stopped caring somewhere back then.

-Unreal-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#19 -Unreal-
Member since 2004 • 24650 Posts

It has the same MMO aspect as GuildWars....

kilerchese
Yeah as Wasdie said then...
Gammit10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 119

User Lists: 2

#20 Gammit10
Member since 2004 • 2397 Posts

[QUOTE="zomglolcats"]Yeah I've heard this game isn't large scale warfare. A real MMOFPS was Planetside, this isn't.kilerchese

Right now it does have 16vs16 battlefields which they plan to expand to 32vs32 up to 128vs128.

I heard that too, years ago. Hasn't this game been up and running in Korea? And they still don't have 128 vs 128? Plus, isn't this game filled with instances? Planetside has worlds with nothing but war.

-Unreal-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#21 -Unreal-
Member since 2004 • 24650 Posts

Would be good if they made a new Planetside. It was great and it was original. Maybe if Blizzard made World of Starcraft an MMOFPS....