Timeshift DEMO impressions.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

A1B2C3CAL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 0

#1 A1B2C3CAL
Member since 2007 • 2332 Posts
So I just got done playing the short demo and I was surprised. It reminded me of a cross between FEAR and Quake4. I don't know if i will be buying it though because of all the great other games coming out that I want more. What did you that have played the demo think?
mfsa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 mfsa
Member since 2007 • 3328 Posts

timeshift? hmm - didn't we get a demo overa year ago? what's happened since then? is this the same game or some pseudo-sequel?

if it is the same game, has it changed since i played it? i wasn't very impressed by the demo i tried at all, the gunplay reminded me of sin (a game i hated), and the time manipulation felt like a tacked on novelty someone came up with at the last minute to make the game half way towards interesting

it is a very nice concept on paper, but if it still plays like it did with the first demo (assuming this is the same game), then i think i'll skip it

A1B2C3CAL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#3 A1B2C3CAL
Member since 2007 • 2332 Posts
The graphics are way better...killer actually compare them to FEAR and Quake4 again. They revamped the game the demo is worht a quick try imo. edit: I would also say it reminds me of HL2 in some ways.
kyrieee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 kyrieee
Member since 2007 • 978 Posts
PCG UK had a preview of it in their latest issue and they were very optimistic about it, I was kind of surprised
capthavic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#5 capthavic
Member since 2003 • 6478 Posts

timeshift? hmm - didn't we get a demo overa year ago? what's happened since then? is this the same game or some pseudo-sequel?

if it is the same game, has it changed since i played it? i wasn't very impressed by the demo i tried at all, the gunplay reminded me of sin (a game i hated), and the time manipulation felt like a tacked on novelty someone came up with at the last minute to make the game half way towards interesting

mfsa

It's the same game it's just been in development for that long. They made some graphical improvements and other tweaks since then. Personally I wasn't that impressed with the demo. It wasn't bad just very average.

Whermacht02

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#6 Whermacht02
Member since 2006 • 1069 Posts
Woot!!! I didnt even know that there was a demo for this game!!
Apssei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Apssei
Member since 2006 • 119 Posts

I was expecting a very poor game after the previous demo and i was blown away, I really liked the graphics and the feel of the weapons-physics and the enviroments.Best game i played in a while.

I am even more suprised u guys didnt like it.

I guess i know now what to post in the next thread with the title "games u liked and every one else hated"

iwokojance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 iwokojance
Member since 2005 • 1040 Posts
I just played this demo myself. It's not bad. Definitely some good action going on. The graphics are good too. It reminds me a lot of HL2, with the loudspeaker narration taunting you as you dodge bullets. There's also some FEAR in there, what with the ability to manipulate time. My system ran it smoothly and it's a year old. It might turn out to be a fun shooter, but there are more promising games on the horizon.
Avatar image for deactivated-5ee322a396e26
deactivated-5ee322a396e26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 deactivated-5ee322a396e26
Member since 2005 • 2510 Posts
good demo...much better than the first version, all that time seems to have been well spent. the thing that sucked the most about the first version(besides the gameplay) were the weapons, they looked cheesy as hell with all kinds of junk tacked on them but now i'm impressed and i will be picking up this one.
DaRockWilder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 DaRockWilder
Member since 2002 • 5451 Posts
its actually very good.
HaloEleven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 HaloEleven
Member since 2004 • 250 Posts

This looks like it could be a pretty good game. Maybe not in the league of some of the giants that are coming out around the same time, but good none the less.

I couldn't really grasp the whole time thing. But there will probably be some training in the full version. Felt a little consoley, but better than Bioshock.

JFHansen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 JFHansen
Member since 2006 • 74 Posts

I was actually pretty pessimistic about this from the time i first heard about it.

But after trying the demo it surprised me, it was way better than i thought it would be.

Though its not groundbreaking or anything, but if it has a nicely woven story, I think it

will be worthwhile.

sasjebus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 sasjebus
Member since 2005 • 171 Posts
It was very suprising, I really enjoyed it and I'm sure gonna buy it (to bad for the devs they are releasing it in this very busy period and it will be mostly neglected because of the other (more hyped) titels that are coming around the same time
robsmits

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#14 robsmits
Member since 2006 • 291 Posts

I've tried to d/load this demo & it gets to 99% & says error encountered or something. Problem is I cannot remove it from my PC no matter what I try & it's using a precious gig of space up on my HD. I have very little HD space left until I get an external one. How the hell do I get rid of it. It will not remove using the d/load manager & I can't get rid by going into my drive & deleting it manually. It says already in use by another program.Any ideas?

Avatar image for deactivated-5ee322a396e26
deactivated-5ee322a396e26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 deactivated-5ee322a396e26
Member since 2005 • 2510 Posts
you might be able to get rid of it by deleting all entries of it in your registry, but take caution if you go that way.
DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 26649 Posts

I've tried to d/load this demo & it gets to 99% & says error encountered or something. Problem is I cannot remove it from my PC no matter what I try & it's using a precious gig of space up on my HD. I have very little HD space left until I get an external one. How the hell do I get rid of it. It will not remove using the d/load manager & I can't get rid by going into my drive & deleting it manually. It says already in use by another program.Any ideas?

robsmits

Get the application called Moveonboot (I think that's what it's called), you can delete and move files when you reboot your computer.

And what's with everyone criticizing games and saying that they aren't groundbreaking? If I remember correctly it's always been that way, most games generally aren't groundbreaking. Timeshift seems like a damn good game, it doesn't need to be groundbreaking... People are too spoiled lol.

master_chr1s

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#17 master_chr1s
Member since 2005 • 581 Posts
When i downloaded the first demo about a year ago...I thought i was dropped into the middle of a circus. All of these enemies were running around in what were little more than clown suites. Then thats when i said...NO WAY. BUt this one was much better. I'll definatly be picking it up some time around.
l-_-l

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 l-_-l
Member since 2003 • 6718 Posts
My impression are that it sucked. It only took 4-5 minutes to beat and the gameplay was weak and boring. Wow, I can fast forward, rewind, and stop time, so what. That didn't make it fun to me at all. I won't be getting this game.