burntbyhellfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By burntbyhellfire
Member since 2019 • 789 Posts

I am looking up upgrade my almost 10 year old Logitech M510. The reliability of Logitech mice is amazing as I have had this mouse so long I've pretty much worn the rubber down to the plastic. It's not a gaming mouse, but I do not game with mouse/keyboard anyway not so much because of mice, but keyboards I find to be extremely uncomfortable for gaming with. If I do give mouse gaming a try I will probably use a single handed controller (like the PS3 Navigation controller, or Switch Joycon in the left hand, or maybe get an Orbweaver.

So far, I really like the G600 but the sensor in it isn't as good as their other mice. The G502 looks like a damn good mouse, but they don't seem the best suited to those with a "claw" grip. It'd be nice to find something a bit more modest shaped that still had the extra programmable buttons.

I would like to find something with 8 or more programmable buttons.

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#2 GeryGo  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 12803 Posts

Why not getting another M510? beware that gaming mouses aren't as lasting as office mouses such as your M510.

Avatar image for burntbyhellfire
burntbyhellfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 burntbyhellfire

im not even sure which sensor the M510 even has, and it runs on a wireless technology that isnt up to par with wired mice, so it just wouldnt be suitable for gaming.. also the G510 i have now isnt broken, its just not that good for PC gaming

i did make a decision and a purchase and for the last week i've been using a logitech G305, and i am absolutely loving this pick, it is perfect in every way... it has a fantastic sensor for FPS, wireless technology that puts the latency on par, or even better than wired, and a shape that lets me fingertip grip it further up without my hand interfering with it so i can get the accuracy i need from the fingertip grip while still being able to easily reach that forward thumb button

100% if i had the chance to redo the decision i'd still get the G305, i couldnt be happier with it

Avatar image for deactivated-5efed3ebc2180
deactivated-5efed3ebc2180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4  Edited By deactivated-5efed3ebc2180
Member since 2006 • 923 Posts
@burntbyhellfire said:

im not even sure which sensor the M510 even has, and it runs on a wireless technology that isnt up to par with wired mice, so it just wouldnt be suitable for gaming.. also the G510 i have now isnt broken, its just not that good for PC gaming

i did make a decision and a purchase and for the last week i've been using a logitech G305, and i am absolutely loving this pick, it is perfect in every way... it has a fantastic sensor for FPS, wireless technology that puts the latency on par, or even better than wired, and a shape that lets me fingertip grip it further up without my hand interfering with it so i can get the accuracy i need from the fingertip grip while still being able to easily reach that forward thumb button

100% if i had the chance to redo the decision i'd still get the G305, i couldnt be happier with it

Personally, i use wireless KB+M for years. Currently on M705 (it's the second gen refresh, with the new logo and removed 8th button) and couldn't be happier... Bought a replacement/new one ~15 months ago because the first M705 (first gen) had broken right button after the heavy daily usage, heh.

Looking at your G305, the ergonomics (or lack of) would probably give me some cramps, especially if had to use it for gaming (i prefer playing most games on a gamepad, except those where you MUST use mouse) but if it suits YOU and your hand perfectly, have a good time...;)

npiet1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 npiet1
Member since 2018 • 3576 Posts

I've never had a gaming mouse. Don't see the difference in my $10 Logitech one to a $60 one.

burntbyhellfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 burntbyhellfire

@WESTBLADE said:
@burntbyhellfire said:

Personally, i use wireless KB+M for years. Currently on M705 (it's the second gen refresh, with the new logo and removed 8th button) and couldn't be happier... Bought a replacement/new one ~15 months ago because the first M705 (first gen) had broken right button after the heavy daily usage, heh.

Looking at your G305, the ergonomics (or lack of) would probably give me some cramps, especially if had to use it for gaming (i prefer playing most games on a gamepad, except those where you MUST use mouse) but if it suits YOU and your hand perfectly, have a good time...;)

the ergos on the G305 are fantastic.. "ergo" mice are shaped to fit a hand, but a specific hand and if your hand isnt the right size or you dont use the right grip, then they have an opposite effect on comfort.. the G305 not dictating how or where you hold it lets you be comfortable with many grip types, and i use fingertip, i do not want the back of the mouse touching my palm

burntbyhellfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 burntbyhellfire

@npiet1 said:

I've never had a gaming mouse. Don't see the difference in my $10 Logitech one to a $60 one.

if we're speaking purely wired, sensors are the difference.. a poor sensor for example may have more problems with things like being able to detect movement properly when you move the mouse faster.. a resolution error that has an acceleration effect.. some mice will do a "spin out" some may have the sensor set to read movement too high so when you lift the mouse to reposition it, it changes your direction in game... and the overall smoothness of cursor setup

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By ronvalencia
Member since 2008 • 29612 Posts

@burntbyhellfire:

I use Bloody P85 with Light Strike Optical Microswitches.

I have two G302 died (accidental double click problem) within 1 year.

I game with mouse/keyboard.

kriggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9 kriggy
Member since 2008 • 1314 Posts

@burntbyhellfire: I’ve never experienced anything like that with cheap mice... I buy a gaming mouse for two reasons only:

1. Higher DPi

2. Additional programmable buttons

Bikouchu35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Bikouchu35
Member since 2009 • 8344 Posts

@kriggy said:

@burntbyhellfire: I’ve never experienced anything like that with cheap mice... I buy a gaming mouse for two reasons only:

1. Higher DPi

2. Additional programmable buttons

I noticed with cheap mice they tend to be way too small. The "gamer" ones are sized right and weighted right.

On a sidenote I wouldn't touch the g502 cause the ergo is trash, the epitome of form over function, nice build quality, but every single joint on my right hand hurts.

burntbyhellfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 burntbyhellfire

everything in logitechs G series is a "gamer" mouse.. some prefer smaller which is better for fingertip grip.. others prefer larger for those who prefer palm or claw.. it all depends on your preferences when it comes to how you use the mouse.. i have large hands, 20cm long, but i prefer smaller mice because of the fingertip grip that i use

the problem i have with the G502 is the shape dictates how you're going to hold that mouse, and unless you have a hand within a certain size range, and use palm or claw grip, it probably wont work out.. thats why i generally prefer ambidextrous shaped mice without any kind of rest or even grooves for fingers

burntbyhellfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 burntbyhellfire

yeah, i know someone that bought a razer death adder elite.. two weeks later windows keeps having a disconnected then reconnected sound... i think its already failing, but my last logitech is a decade old and still works, but its showing its age

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#14 xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

My logitech G700S is pretty darn great. only complaint (and it's a big one) is its battery life is crap. But, it's just a AA Ni-Mh battery, so easy to charge / replace / whatever. Also comes with a cord if you just want to USB it and call it a day (although the cord is stiff). Had a logitech MX laser mouse before that for eons - no frills, worked great.

burntbyhellfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 burntbyhellfire

id rather have a regular AA or AAA powered mouse that lets me swap batteries in a second or two, than ones i have to remember to place on a charger every night