THQ/Stalker pisses me off!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

2005wrxsti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#1 2005wrxsti
Member since 2007 • 279 Posts

Why the hell did THQ decide to come out with an expansion for STALKER? They still haven't fixed the bugs with the first game. Sure the game is a great concept, and has a new style of gameplay, I like it but why the hell aren't they spending their time fixing bugs...the +1,000,000 of them! DUMB...

AdrianWerner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 AdrianWerner
Member since 2003 • 28441 Posts
THQ is holding the finished batches. And no..they didn't "come out with an expansion". Because first of all Clear Sky is standalone game and second because of the mess with THQ the GSC broke their publishing deal with them and Clear Sky will be published by diffrent publisher than THQ
DarkRecruit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 DarkRecruit
Member since 2005 • 3391 Posts
I love how people complain about "+1 000 000" bugs but never mention even 1 of them. I have never seen a bug in STALKER.
FPSGunnerDude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#4 FPSGunnerDude
Member since 2006 • 948 Posts
I'm pretty sure the next stalker game is standalone with a new game engine. It's a full prequal, not an expansion.
zipozal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 zipozal
Member since 2007 • 1809 Posts

I love how people complain about "+1 000 000" bugs but never mention even 1 of them. I have never seen a bug in STALKER. DarkRecruit

It's not really a bug, but the game has abysmal performance on ATI cards and great performance on Nvidia ones, thats piss poor programming when you neglect to optimize your game for ATI which has roughly 40% of gamers user base.

frizzyman0292

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 frizzyman0292
Member since 2007 • 2855 Posts

It is a standalone game and there is no bugs.

Avatar image for Einhanderkiller
Einhanderkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Einhanderkiller
Member since 2003 • 13259 Posts

I love how people complain about "+1 000 000" bugs but never mention even 1 of them. I have never seen a bug in STALKER. DarkRecruit

There's a bug with the inventory system where if you have too many items, you can no longer click on and drag items at the bottom of the list.

the_mad_madman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 the_mad_madman
Member since 2004 • 316 Posts

[QUOTE="DarkRecruit"]I love how people complain about "+1 000 000" bugs but never mention even 1 of them. I have never seen a bug in STALKER. Einhanderkiller

There's a bug with the inventory system where if you have too many items, you can no longer click on and drag items at the bottom of the list.

That's one, 999 999 more to go... I joke. Seriously, I really wish they'd release another patch. It's not as buggy as alot of people on the internet like to say it is, atleast not for me, but it's definently a rough game that could use more work and fixes before they turn their eyes onto other projects. The same sold well and got good press, give a little post-release love guys!

drunken_end

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 drunken_end
Member since 2006 • 593 Posts

There are plenty of bugs in the game! These are the ones I've come across:

Broken PDA system

Crashes upon loading

Broken quests

Rain causes graphical bugs

Stealth is completely broken unless you download a third party mod

And finally, and most importantly, such piss poor performance even on low settings!

Redhunt_86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Redhunt_86
Member since 2005 • 91 Posts
no wonder yo have piss poor performance drunken_end..you've only got 1 Gb of Ram. I have no hint of a lag in static lighting, so i play with object dynamic lighting/ but there's a serious nagging bug of video ram overloading or leaking...forces me to click apply settings in the video tab to resolve sudden crippling lag every 30 mins.

and the rain bug affected me only after a quarter into the game. No probs at the beginning,

what i hate the most is that you get rewarded from hidden stashes only when you had picked up a information about it. When you just come across it, Nada. No quest bugs from me.

xbroesslerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 xbroesslerx
Member since 2005 • 71 Posts

...for ATI which has roughly 40% of gamers user base.zipozal

Who has the other 60%

beex215

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 beex215
Member since 2006 • 1198 Posts

[QUOTE="zipozal"]...for ATI which has roughly 40% of gamers user base.xbroesslerx

Who has the other 60%

nvidia.stalker was a no no,bad graphics and boring gameplay.
Mlazaro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Mlazaro
Member since 2007 • 372 Posts
Played through STALKER twice,both times not one problem.I patched it before i even played it.I hope PC gamers would have the common sense to do that first.
Avatar image for Einhanderkiller
Einhanderkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Einhanderkiller
Member since 2003 • 13259 Posts
[QUOTE="Einhanderkiller"]

[QUOTE="DarkRecruit"]I love how people complain about "+1 000 000" bugs but never mention even 1 of them. I have never seen a bug in STALKER. the_mad_madman

That's one, 999 999 more to go... I joke. Seriously, I really wish they'd release another patch. It's not as buggy as alot of people on the internet like to say it is, atleast not for me, but it's definently a rough game that could use more work and fixes before they turn their eyes onto other projects. The same sold well and got good press, give a little post-release love guys!

According to the GSC forums, patch 1.004 is finished and is currently undergoing QA at THQ.

DrDoomed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 DrDoomed
Member since 2003 • 11386 Posts

I uninstalled stalker & keep it safe to play it bug free when i reach heaven.

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#16 GeryGo  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 12809 Posts

Why the hell did THQ decide to come out with an expansion for STALKER? They still haven't fixed the bugs with the first game. Sure the game is a great concept, and has a new style of gameplay, I like it but why the hell aren't they spending their time fixing bugs...the +1,000,000 of them! DUMB...

2005wrxsti

WOW bugs - i didn't had any - i wonder why - maybe you suck at STALKER?

and they're releasing new game and not expansion - so that mean new graphics engine - less bugs - i hope i've calmed you down with this sentence

thanatose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#17 thanatose
Member since 2003 • 2465 Posts
I find it funny how people talk about all the bugs in STALKER. The only problem I had with the game was the optimization of the graphics being non existent.
Skullheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Skullheart
Member since 2006 • 2054 Posts

lol exactly. The biggest bug I've ever seen in STALKER is very little encountered: I'll kill someone, and he'll fall on the ground and twitch repedidly on the ground (slightly through the ground) in a very fast motion. My game is fully patched and there's nothing wrong with my client.

zeus_gb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#19 zeus_gb
Member since 2004 • 7793 Posts

The bug situtation is often exaggerated but there are still bugs in the game as well as poor optimisation.

I had the game on preorder for over two years, I got about ten hours into it and then they released trhe first patch. The first patch broke existing saves, forcing me to start all over again.

reghole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 reghole
Member since 2006 • 94 Posts

Umm, straight from the horses (developers) mouth:

http://www.gsc-game.com/index.php?t=community&s=forums&s_game_type=xr&lang=en

I've loved stalker, but it is/was a diamond in the rough. At first release the out cry of game issues was deffining and multiplay was unplayable due to bugs.

MindlessTeef

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#21 MindlessTeef
Member since 2003 • 1392 Posts

A few bugs remain, but GSC has at least 2 patches on it's way (1.0004 and 1.1), THQ is just taking their time aproving 1.0004. One of the bigger Stalker fan sites is actually on strike till THQ sorts themselves out:)

Check http://www.oblivion-lost.de/strike-en/

Pitty, 1.0004 will add "Freeplay", can't wait for that. Clear Sky is standalonerunning a updated X-Ray engine. Looks awesome so far....

intrigued101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 intrigued101
Member since 2006 • 46 Posts
I've played it through with only a few minor bugs. Its a wonderful game and the few bugs here and there didn't take away from that.
sepheronX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#23 sepheronX
Member since 2005 • 1388 Posts
People, they are not gonna create a new engine in a small time. They spent years on the XRAY engine, I think they are just improving it and modifying it, much like the Source engine was (orriginaly the XRAY engine was supposed to be as modable). So really, think people before posting.
Sp33chM4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Sp33chM4n
Member since 2007 • 498 Posts

I played almost through STALKER retail version, but was unable to complete it cause of bugs, I'm currently waiting for my new rig before i patch it and try again. At least the retail version had several bugs, broken missions, stashes disappearing and reappearing and worst of them, I couldn't open some of the drawers and finally I couldn't open the door in the hotel.

Note that these bugs were from retail version, not the patched one.

BaldursGate18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 BaldursGate18
Member since 2006 • 73 Posts

I can really feel the hate of the stalker fans they've waited since 2001 for this game to release and it was Half-life meets Elder Scrolls but I bought this game on a whim and it played good with some slowdown but GSC and THQ couldn't see eye to eye on you can tell they rushed it not giving it any more work.When I saw it at e3 2005 I was intrigued but not interesting because you could tell it was using some of the half-life influence with RPG stats.I can only hope that for clear sky valve could publiish it,cause it could trump them with a similar half-life type game.

Crucifier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Crucifier
Member since 2002 • 7195 Posts
the biggest problem with stalker is that it was promised to have an open world. the actual game i guess you could call "open" but it fell FAR short of everyone's expectations. the A life is meh at best. you cant possibly have that interesting situations with little tiny load zones where there are only about 20 animals and they all get killed off by wandering stalkers. i just wish stalker was "open" like morrowind or oblivion instead of an "open" linear path. (plus the infinitely respawning npcs at the freedom base dont help realism)
FragMonkey09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#27 FragMonkey09
Member since 2005 • 1543 Posts

QFT

DrONLINE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 DrONLINE
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
I have Ati videocard, Radeon x1300, and i`ve never seen any bugs in game. It looks perfect, playing perfect. Only bug, which I saw - i can`t load autosaves. That`s all.
ForlornHope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 ForlornHope
Member since 2006 • 1809 Posts

[QUOTE="DarkRecruit"]I love how people complain about "+1 000 000" bugs but never mention even 1 of them. I have never seen a bug in STALKER. Einhanderkiller

Theres one where pda messages keep appearing like they are new even if yourve had then for ages all of them do it and its very annoying. I hated stalker anyways the weapons were buggy and terribly inaccurate and awful there was way toio much walking etc. Hated it.

ForlornHope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 ForlornHope
Member since 2006 • 1809 Posts

the biggest problem with stalker is that it was promised to have an open world. the actual game i guess you could call "open" but it fell FAR short of everyone's expectations. the A life is meh at best. you cant possibly have that interesting situations with little tiny load zones where there are only about 20 animals and they all get killed off by wandering stalkers. i just wish stalker was "open" like morrowind or oblivion instead of an "open" linear path. (plus the infinitely respawning npcs at the freedom base dont help realism)Crucifier

its not because those invisible annomalies block alot of it so thats bs. and the GS guide mentiosn some awful game breaking scripting bugs later.

crapdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 crapdog
Member since 2006 • 427 Posts

[QUOTE="DarkRecruit"]I love how people complain about "+1 000 000" bugs but never mention even 1 of them. I have never seen a bug in STALKER. zipozal

It's not really a bug, but the game has abysmal performance on ATI cards and great performance on Nvidia ones, thats piss poor programming when you neglect to optimize your game for ATI which has roughly 40% of gamers user base.

i dont think its an engine problem ati has overall poor hdr performance, i turned hdr off and it runs smooth on my x1900xt

crapdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 crapdog
Member since 2006 • 427 Posts

2005wrxsti

cause expansions bring more $$$ than patches - thats what we learned from ea

Luminouslight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Luminouslight
Member since 2007 • 6397 Posts
Its not that buggy. I only had trouble with frames on high graphic settings.
underdark944

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#34 underdark944
Member since 2003 • 1368 Posts
The only bugs I've seen in STALKER are graphical glitches during rain and bodies falling through the floor. But on another note, 1.004 is still supposed to be released at some point before Clear Sky.
corky842

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 corky842
Member since 2004 • 257 Posts

I'm pretty sure the next stalker game is standalone with a new game engine. It's a full prequal, not an expansion.FPSGunnerDude

Yeah, they're just going to ditch that game engine after working on it for eight years.

smas1983

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 smas1983
Member since 2003 • 25 Posts

No bugs ha!!

Game is unplayable for me. I cant even get past 5 minutes until my system crashes, or freezes. Every 5 minutes. Let's not forget that my system, which can handle FEAR, Company Of Heroes at medium settings cant even get a steady framerate at absolute minimum settings with static lighting on. For a game that looks like its two years old (this isnt Crysis were talking about), **** performance from a company that has a bug infested game.

I just want to play it and I cant because it seems that my ATI card (x1600 512 MB) causes problems with it. Unplayable. It's not THQ's fault, but GSC for making an bug infested game. It doesnt look good when you release an patch that fixes 68 bugs in the first 3-4 days. It's GSC's fault.

I'm not the only person who has this problem. If you check thier forum (somebody gave a link to it) and go into SP Bug section, about 6--7 pages in there's a topic with 366 replies to it. Alot of people are having this problem and nothing has been made to fix it.

For everybody claiming that this game is not buggy, and the only reason that you say it isnt is because you didnt ecounter a bug is crap. Just because you didnt see any (and I highly doubt you that you didnt see one single bug) doesnt mean thats its not a problem.

So GSC, instead of trying to make a prequel, learn from your bloody mistakes and fix the game you just released.

neatfeatguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#37 neatfeatguy
Member since 2005 • 4402 Posts

There are plenty of bugs in the game! These are the ones I've come across:

Broken PDA system

Crashes upon loading

Broken quests

Rain causes graphical bugs

Stealth is completely broken unless you download a third party mod

And finally, and most importantly, such piss poor performance even on low settings!

drunken_end

I'm coming into this topic kind of late, but here's my reply to this:

1. You need to define better on how the PDA is broken.

2. STALKER has never crashed upon loading for me....perhaps it's your computer?

3. Broken quests; I agree there are still some broken quests out there. I can't recall them because I haven't played STALKER for a solid 6-8 weeks now.

4. Rain causing graphical bugs: Never happened with me.

5. Stealth is broken, you can only get so close behind an enemy NPC before they turn around and start shooting you....however, you can use that to your advantage. You get as close as you can, then you make a mad dash at the enemy and stab the crap out of them.

6. Your opinion on "piss poor performance even on low settings": I find untrue. My current PC specs are -

• AMD 64 X2 3800+
  • 2GB memory
  • 8800GTS 640MB graphic card

I can run the game on full settings without a hitch. Before I got my 8800GTS I was running with 2x 7600GT in SLI and I could run the game with mid to high settings without any problems.

My guess is, you are having some sort of issues with your PC - be it you have a slow processor, slow/old graphic card or perhaps your running with less then 1GB memory.

STALKER does have some bugs and some AI issues, but I haven't come across any graphical problems while playing the game. And I can say that with confidence because I've put nearly 100 hours into playing the game.