Thinking on buying Mirror's Edge for PC... Suggestions?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

emansousa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 emansousa
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts

I'm thinking on buying Mirror's Edge for the PC. I've seen some reviews, etc, but opinions vary way too much. Does anyone of you guys and girls have any opinion upon the game? Is it worth it? Fun? Thrilling? Innovative experience? xP hehehe Suggestions please :D

Hellboard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#2 Hellboard
Member since 2008 • 2429 Posts
unique experience, fine control and optimization, but pretty short and make sure that you do like the game because you see in the videos is everything you actually do..
emansousa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 emansousa
Thanks mate! =) It seems so smooth when you see it in the videos... Its parkour in its best! =) Is the storyline appealing and grasping?
Hellboard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Hellboard
Thanks mate! =) It seems so smooth when you see it in the videos... Its parkour in its best! =) Is the storyline appealing and grasping?emansousa
Well the story tries but it fails it loses its point later on and turn into another story in a game that is incomplete... at some point i didn't care about the story, and the story sequences are cell shaded like a comic or a cartoon... id rather see them more .....you know graphical, because the game has great graphics...
Volatility

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 63

#5 Volatility
Member since 2009 • 239 Posts

short story but the graphics are awesome one of the best ive ever seen

BumFluff122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 BumFluff122
Member since 2004 • 14853 Posts

IT is worth it. Although it is linear it offers a unique experience as mentioned before and is one of my most beloved games to come out for the PC in the new year. Heck I even have a Mirror's Edge desktop background.

Hellboard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Hellboard

short story but the graphics are awesome one of the best ive ever seen

Volatility
better than crysis?
emansousa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 emansousa

IT is worth it. Although it is linear it offers a unique experience as mentioned before and is one of my most beloved games to come out for the PC in the new year. Heck I even have a Mirror's Edge desktop background.

BumFluff122

Hehehe it definitely seems beautiful!!! =) By the way, is the game "heavygoing" for the PC? Does is require alot from the PC? I have the requirements but even so sometimes games are no so smooth as they should be...

Hellboard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Hellboard

[QUOTE="BumFluff122"]

emansousa

Hehehe it definitely seems beautiful!!! =) By the way, is the game "heavygoing" for the PC? Does is require alot from the PC? I have the requirements but even so sometimes games are no so smooth as they should be...

I already told ya it runs very well.... ohh and i cant just stop listening to the sountrack..
DanielDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 DanielDust
Member since 2007 • 15402 Posts

[QUOTE="BumFluff122"]

emansousa

I don't know the official requirements, I never look at them, but it's as demanding as Mass Effect, so it doesn't really need an extreme PC or anything like that.
kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts

Very good game!

Unique, amazing graphics, good sound, cool characters, good controls and a good story.

Everyone shoudl check this game out imo.

Might wanan try a wired 360 controller to if ya want.

This game is something very special imo.

emansousa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 emansousa

Thanks for all the input guys! =)

Its gonna be my next game to be played in my PC! hehehehe xP

NSR34GTR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 NSR34GTR
Member since 2007 • 13179 Posts
graphics look great
korcan001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14 korcan001
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

I literally just finished the single player campaign.

It's a unique game. The combat isn't very satifying, but the parkour aspect of the game is amazing.

The game also has amazing graphics if your pc can handle the requirements for the extra eye candy.

Overall, I'd recommend the game, but $50 seems a little expensive imo.If the game was around $20-$30, I would have absolutely nohesistation in recommending it though.

Franko_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#16 Franko_3
Member since 2003 • 5729 Posts
Unique game, but it get a bit repetitive and frustrating, especially inside building. Graphic are good, not gray or brown like everything this gen. For 20$ it's worth it... more than that, not really. Too short.
404-not-found

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 404-not-found
Member since 2009 • 1050 Posts
It's a great port, that's all you need to know, so no worries about bugs, or no optimization, etc.
machockey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#18 machockey
Member since 2004 • 320 Posts

Good game for those who like to perfect things. I can see where some would dislike it, i liked it. I thought it raised your amount of epinephrine if you play at the higher levels.

Diddy2009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Diddy2009
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
On the basis of all ur inputs, I believe that Mirror's edge is a value 4 money isn't it. I've heard dat the sound effecta are very cool and peppy.
thusaha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 thusaha
Member since 2007 • 14495 Posts

Try the demo.