Thinking of ARMA 2

This topic is locked from further discussion.

thebaiter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 thebaiter
Member since 2006 • 122 Posts

i have never played Arma before but was thinkin of getting operation arrowhead. i will be spending all my time playing multiplayer, how is it?? is there ranking and/or things to unlock? will it keep me coming back more than bc2 (which didn't keep me coming back much)

JackBurton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#2 JackBurton
Member since 2002 • 3808 Posts

ARMA is a military sim, not a run-n-gun fps; try the demo

Ragingbear505

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#3 Ragingbear505
Member since 2008 • 819 Posts

It strives for hyper-realism. Don't expect anything like CoD or Battlefield. Most engagements as infantry happen at 100-300 meters, sometimes more, vehicles usually are anywhere from 1-3 kilometers. It doesn't give you in-your-face action. There's a lot of walking, a lot of riding, and sometimes you might sneak 5 km in the dead of night just to be the first one of your team to be killed by a sniper. It's for the hardcore.

rmfd341

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#4 rmfd341
Member since 2008 • 3808 Posts

It strives for hyper-realism. Don't expect anything like CoD or Battlefield. Most engagements as infantry happen at 100-300 meters, sometimes more, vehicles usually are anywhere from 1-3 kilometers. It doesn't give you in-your-face action. There's a lot of walking, a lot of riding, and sometimes you might sneak 5 km in the dead of night just to be the first one of your team to be killed by a sniper. It's for the hardcore.

Ragingbear505
You might run for 10 minutes and die in the first firefight, but the challenge is what gives the thrill.
simardbrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 simardbrad
Member since 2004 • 2355 Posts

[QUOTE="Ragingbear505"]

rmfd341

You might run for 10 minutes and die in the first firefight, but the challenge is what gives the thrill.

won't happen unless you run into a fight. Always look out before moving.

rastaman219

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6 rastaman219
Member since 2006 • 3032 Posts

Ragingbear505
Slightyl exagerated ranges with Vehicles but yeah, thats the rough idea. If you wanna play online, get both as the busy servers use Combined Operations (what it calls it when both are installed), plus it means you cant get caught out whejn joining servers.
Avatar image for deactivated-5ac102a4472fe
deactivated-5ac102a4472fe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 deactivated-5ac102a4472fe
Member since 2007 • 7431 Posts

As the others said, its more in the sim area, then fps area, I think it is quite good tho, looks quite nice, and it offers a fair challange.

MrLions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#8 MrLions
Member since 2007 • 9833 Posts
do people still play?
kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#9 kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts

ARMA2 is awesome but its not for everyone.

Its very realistic and you cant be running around in it like most FPS.

It has a HUGE mod community with godo coop missions/singleplayer missions,etc..

Also the online is good fun to.

For people that expect a really realistic shooter its great. For those who find these kind of games to hard then it will probably not be fun and to frusterating.

For me and others who love this kind of game though its perfect.

Also VERY fun coop with friends (: