Thinking about Fallout 3

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Born_Lucky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Born_Lucky
Member since 2003 • 1730 Posts

Now that I'm almost finished with Risen, I was thinking about getting Fallout 3 GOTY.

Is it worth it ?

Not worth it?

This is one of the few times that I'm having trouble deciding on a game, so any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Frenzyd109

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#2 Frenzyd109
Member since 2007 • 2276 Posts
I dont regret spending $60 for the non GOTY, so yes its worth it.
dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#3 dakan45
Member since 2009 • 18819 Posts
Its worth it unless you hate oblivion badly!!! If thats the case then it must be avoided at all costs.
strider_ATI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 strider_ATI
Member since 2008 • 735 Posts
It's an excellent game, you should get it.
Avatar image for deactivated-5ac102a4472fe
deactivated-5ac102a4472fe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 deactivated-5ac102a4472fe
Member since 2007 • 7431 Posts

the goty edition is very much worth it, It is an amazing game in its own rights (and on pc you have a bucketload of really good mods aswell).

The vanilla game is good, not great, but the dlc componants adds atleast 100 hours of diverdity to the game, which makes sure it rarely grows stale. (Ok last one was not too great)

With the DLCthe gamebecomes alot better, locals change more often, and they are not afraid to alter up the gamerules, and atmosphere completely (most notible is the Point Lookout DLC; which throws in a horror-esque island, based on Edgar Allan Poe, and H.P Lovecraft.

The Dlc coes make the main story better aswell, but not to the point I would consider it top tier, its the world that gets you in this game.

1pretty bad thing about the game, is that everything is so small... the settlements are alittle more then small dots of population, not the spawling rag tag citys from earlier fallout games.

The Sidequests are decent, often better then the mainquest, and ther eis more then a few unmarked quests and localsthroughout the game, the subways are a bit borring, but otherwise it is Usually a thrill to find new buildings, and places to explore.

only "meh" factor of the game is alot of the weapons feels powerless, and abundent in ammo. This can pretty much be fixed with a few mods if you are willing to go that route, but without mods, most people seem to favor the same 6-7 weapons out of the 50+ ?? weapons avaiable.

RobertBowen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#6 RobertBowen
Member since 2003 • 4094 Posts

I really enjoyed Fallout 3, and I'd say it's worth getting the GOTY edition.

siddarthshetty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 siddarthshetty
Member since 2008 • 9463 Posts

It's one of the best RPG shooting game so it's worth GOTY

kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#8 kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts

Its fun, but not as good as Risen or Dragon Age imo. Give it a try?

I enjoyed Fallout3 alot more before I played Dragon Age and Risen, now playing it after playing those two games it seems not as entertaining.

But thats just me.

DanielDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 DanielDust
Member since 2007 • 15402 Posts
[QUOTE="dakan45"]Its worth it unless you hate oblivion badly!!! If thats the case then it must be avoided at all costs.

It's worth it even if you hate oblivion and you consider it as the worst game ever created that had really high scores for absolutely nothing (me). Great game with lots of awesome mods.
AciDiCa-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 AciDiCa-
Member since 2009 • 359 Posts

Fallout 3 is a great game. I would recommend it...

mtb0minime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 mtb0minime
Member since 2004 • 25 Posts

I'm not an RPG player at all, I really don't like them. That being said, I bought the non-GOTY edition of FO3 and have loved it very much. I've also bought 2 DLC so far and plan to buy the rest soon. It's a great game, the GOTY edition is a steal.

Born_Lucky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Born_Lucky
Member since 2003 • 1730 Posts

Thanks for the great advice everyone.

I picked it up a couple of days ago - It's a LOT better than I thought it would be. You really get the feeling that this is an actual place, and that this actually happened - it's brutal, but then - it would be wouldn't it?

Anyway - fantastic game.

Avatar image for monkeymoose5000
monkeymoose5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 monkeymoose5000
Member since 2007 • 6111 Posts
The original is worth $50, you should definitely get the GOTY edition.
dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 dakan45
[QUOTE="DanielDust"][QUOTE="dakan45"]Its worth it unless you hate oblivion badly!!! If thats the case then it must be avoided at all costs.

It's worth it even if you hate oblivion and you consider it as the worst game ever created that had really high scores for absolutely nothing (me). Great game with lots of awesome mods.

Good to know that you liked the game, sadly not everyone does, its too much oblivion for others!!!

Thanks for the great advice everyone.

I picked it up a couple of days ago - It's a LOT better than I thought it would be. You really get the feeling that this is an actual place, and that this actually happened - it's brutal, but then - it would be wouldn't it?

Anyway - fantastic game.

Born_Lucky
The gameplay does not excel from the beginning, spend some time in the game and you will see it ges much better later on!!
Gamerz1569

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Gamerz1569
Member since 2008 • 2087 Posts

If you liked Oblivion, then go for it. But note that Fallout 3 isn't really much on the rpg side, its rpg elements are that of slight choices and character development. Its actually more of a Shooter/Action-Adventure. Something like Bioshock.

dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 dakan45

If you liked Oblivion, then go for it. But note that Fallout 3 isn't really much on the rpg side, its rpg elements are that of slight choices and character development. Its actually more of a Shooter/Action-Adventure. Something like Bioshock.

Gamerz1569
If Bioshock was half as rpg as fallout 3 is, then i would have like it more. Since it would be more similar to system shock 2!!!
Blind0bj3ct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Blind0bj3ct
Member since 2008 • 534 Posts
I played the regular version and beat it, then I thought "yeah, I'd pay for it, I guess"
Avatar image for chessmaster1989
chessmaster1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#18 chessmaster1989
Member since 2008 • 30203 Posts
It's really fun, kept me entertained for 50+ hours on the first run through.