Avatar image for dakerbedis
DakerBedis

8

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 DakerBedis
Member since 2018 • 8 Posts

sorry if i mess up anything (first post)

specs:

i5 3230m

amd radeon hd 76070m 2gb vram

8gb ram ddr3

i just got the witchers 3 and i'm wondering if there's some mods on nexus to increase performance (i know lowspecgamer has two videos but they're mostly changing the config file and the second one bout mods does't cover that much)

i'm looking for 25+ fps

any help will be appreciated and sorry again if i broke some rules

edit:can you also tell me how to overclock my pc (don't worry about cooling i'll manage) i couldn't find a guide that works with my pc so any help is appreciated

Avatar image for MonsieurX
MonsieurX

39200

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39200 Posts

No, and no.

Can't overclock a laptop

Avatar image for xantufrog
xantufrog

11752

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#3 xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 11752 Posts

Moving to the PC forum for a more focused audience.

My opinion: you're out of luck. This is a demanding game, and if the lowest settings aren't enough you aren't likely to get it running well. But I've not attempted a downgrade mod before, maybe it's more common than I think

Avatar image for gerygo
GeryGo

12470

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#4 GeryGo  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 12470 Posts

@dakerbedis: lower graphics, can't do anything with those specs - you can try to buy a new laptop or PC.

Heck I think you should get PS4 - it would be much cheaper if you're talking about 1 game.

I could suggest you to upgrade to more RAM and install one of those dedicated for laptops GPU systems like MSI or Alienware sell but it'll cost you a lot.

https://www.pcworld.com/article/2984716/how-to-transform-your-laptop-into-a-gaming-powerhouse-with-an-external-graphics-card.html

Only if you wish to give your old PC/Laptop a boost - but as I said it isn't cheap.

Avatar image for BassMan
BassMan

10739

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 126

User Lists: 0

#5 BassMan
Member since 2002 • 10739 Posts

Time to retire the old PC and buy a new one.

Avatar image for mrbojangles25
mrbojangles25

44578

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#6 mrbojangles25  Online
Member since 2005 • 44578 Posts

@BassMan said:

Time to retire the old PC and buy a new one.

or build :D

Avatar image for jackwl89
jackwl89

8

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#8 jackwl89
Member since 2019 • 8 Posts

Back when I used to run a shitty gaming rig, I found a tool called TW3 Tweaker. Basically, it hooks to your game files and lets you lower the settings even more than humanly possible. It let me play the game on GT 730, dual-core CPU (can't remember the name) and 4 GB RAM.

It doesn't look THAT much worse but you'll notice the difference. Unless you are absolutely unable to invest money in a an actual gaming machine, this is the only way I know of that will let you play TW3.

Avatar image for BassMan
BassMan

10739

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 126

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By BassMan
Member since 2002 • 10739 Posts

@jackwl89 said:

Back when I used to run a shitty gaming rig, I found a tool called TW3 Tweaker. Basically, it hooks to your game files and lets you lower the settings even more than humanly possible. It let me play the game on GT 730, dual-core CPU (can't remember the name) and 4 GB RAM.

It doesn't look THAT much worse but you'll notice the difference. Unless you are absolutely unable to invest money in a an actual gaming machine, this is the only way I know of that will let you play TW3.

Why would you want to inflict that kind of pain on others? Best to hold off on playing the game entirely until one has a capable rig.

Avatar image for jackwl89
jackwl89

8

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#10  Edited By jackwl89
Member since 2019 • 8 Posts

@BassMan:

@BassMan said:
@jackwl89 said:

Back when I used to run a shitty gaming rig, I found a tool called TW3 Tweaker. Basically, it hooks to your game files and lets you lower the settings even more than humanly possible. It let me play the game on GT 730, dual-core CPU (can't remember the name) and 4 GB RAM.

It doesn't look THAT much worse but you'll notice the difference. Unless you are absolutely unable to invest money in a an actual gaming machine, this is the only way I know of that will let you play TW3.

Why would you want to inflict that kind of pain on others? Best to hold off on playing the game entirely until one has a capable rig.

The guy obviously doesn't want to get a new rig and wants to play the game. If you're a visual elitist doesn't mean everyone else is