The Witcher or Assassins Creed??

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Archon_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Archon_
Member since 2003 • 110 Posts

Hey guys,

I know these two are totally different, but I'm kinda in the mood for a game with a good story and sword fights. Should i get Witcher or AC? Which game is longer (longer isnt necessarily better as I am quite busy these days with university and work)? Which is more engaging/interesting? Graphics?

One thing that turns me off about the Witcher is that its an RPG, yet you cant customize your character. The thing that Ive heard about AC is that that the main story is quite repetitive in that you are doing exactly the same quest over and over. Would you guys agree or disagree with these allegations?

I like all types of games from FPS to RTS, from action/adventure to RPG, and even racing/sports. Perhaps someone has an alternate suggestion that I may like even better than either of these two?

Thanks!

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#2 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts
The Witcher by a mile. AC has nothing on Geralt.
Astaroth2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Astaroth2k
Member since 2006 • 877 Posts
Emmm The Witcher is leaps and bounds beyond assasins creed...that game took tedious and boring to a whole new level.
HaloEleven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 HaloEleven
Member since 2004 • 250 Posts
The Witcher destroys Assassins Creed imo.
BeavermanA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 BeavermanA
Member since 2003 • 2652 Posts
Yeah Witcher easily, much more involving game. I actually found AC enjoyable, but probably cause I went through it in one sitting taking only a few hours, so even though it was very repetitive, it didn't get old being such a short game. Witcher will last waaaay longer and have replay value.
kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#6 kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts

The Witcher is waaaaay better then AC. I honestly wish i never bought AC, terrible story, repetative gameplay,etc.. Only thing that was good about the game imo was the graphics.

The Witcher though is a fantastic rpg man. Good characters, awesome story, fun gameplay and good atmosphere.

Get The Witcher man! And if you really want AC, maybe wait till its in the cheap bin at walmart.

johnkar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 johnkar7
Member since 2006 • 78 Posts
The witcher by far.From the top 3 rpg the last years.AC is a beatufull in the eye game but it is very repeative and boring.
Velocitas8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Velocitas8
Member since 2006 • 10748 Posts

The Witcher, easily.

Assasin's Creed actually would've been better if they shortened it imo. That is, I probably would've enjoyed it alot more if they had taken out all the reptetive filler content, and made it a more story-oriented title that lasted just a couple hours. They focused too much on the meaningless side-missions that you must complete in order to progress in the storyline (side-tasks unlock the main storyline missions), and the problem with that was that each side-task within their respective categories played out *exactly* the same way. Assasin's Creed isn't a bad game -- it has good action and an interesting storyline, but it suffers from severe pacing issues -- you're forced to constantly do the same tasks over and over and over as you move from city to city. I really had to push myself to finish it..and I'm hoping they'll do better with the sequel(s.)

Compared to a game like The Witcher...AC comes up severely lacking.

aliblabla2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9 aliblabla2007
Member since 2007 • 16756 Posts
The Witcher, no questions need to be asked.
Ryans273

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10 Ryans273
Member since 2008 • 37 Posts
i love both of these games man but i think i prefer RPGs to action games and The Witcher is proberly the best RPG i have played
DanielDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 DanielDust
Member since 2007 • 15402 Posts
Witcher Enhanced Edition, no doubt about it.
Archon_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Archon_
Member since 2003 • 110 Posts

Thanks a lot for your good responses, guys!

Seems like its a very easy choice :)

Btw, roughly how long does Witcher take to complete? As I said, I dont have loads of time for games these days. My hope is to finish it before Far Cry 2 comes out! :D

And for RPG fans, did it make any difference for you that you cant create/customize the character? Thats always one of my favourite aspects of a RPG.

Astaroth2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Astaroth2k
Member since 2006 • 877 Posts
Depends...you could probably finsih it rather quick if you dont bother much with sidequests etc...cant say for certain but my recent save is in the 50 hour range...but ive been messing about for a long time in the swamps etc levelling up...its a pretty easy game though imo,not many hard parts where you struggle much..
just_for_kicks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#15 just_for_kicks
Member since 2007 • 3509 Posts
Only played assassins creed so i couldnt say
TA127

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#16 TA127
Member since 2007 • 774 Posts

The witcher by faaaaar.

AC has the best visuals and animation. TW has an amazing story-line, beautiful atmoshpere and nice graphics as well(oh and THE BEST soundtrack ever). In terms of gameplay, TW wins because AC's gameplay is very repetetitive. The combat system in TW sucks imo, the skill tree is boring and the loot is lame. But it isnt the main thing in the game so i forgive them(but i expect a totally different system in TW2). The combat system in AC is simple and plane but still kinda fun. There is no leveling or loot so i still prefer TW's combat system.

Go for TW.

nutcrackr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

User Lists: 1

#17 nutcrackr
Member since 2004 • 13032 Posts

well I don't think witchers sword fights are that good, you click in a timing fashion which is sufficient to keep me interesting. But compared to Ass Creed's natural sword fights it's quite a way behind (esp near the end of ass creed) Story wise witcher is more interesting, you create some of that yourself with the choices you make. Witcher is probably 3 times longer than ass creed clocking in about 40-50 hours of gameplay.

I think ass creed is quite good if you are playing in short bursts of 1 hour or so. Then again witcher is one of the best games on 2007 despite it's somewhat lackluster combat.

yonash54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 yonash54
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
well ive played only ac and its good game but the ending is crap.. and its 2 easy anywayz.. theyre 2 diffrent games.. but i would buy game that got multiplayer so up 2 u.
kpsting

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 kpsting
Member since 2005 • 2452 Posts

I like both and honestly for me it'd be a tough choice. AC has amazing combat system, very natural. Jumping and climbing on the city rooftops and building walls is amazing as well. On the other hand it is very linear - although the story is very good, too - and suffers from console gimmicks like catching flags, etc. It doesn't have stats building, leveling, dialogue trees, choice-consequence, and other stuff characteristic for RPGs.

Witcher has clunky combat, and restricted movement but, from what I gathered so far, an amazing RPG experience.

Herrick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Herrick
Member since 2004 • 4549 Posts

Which is more engaging/interesting?

Archon_

The Witcher.

MFaraz_Hayat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 MFaraz_Hayat
Member since 2006 • 1794 Posts
Witcher (Enhanced Edition) is far better than Assassin's creed.