The Witcher is Really Hard?!?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

harrisi17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 0

#1 harrisi17
Member since 2004 • 4010 Posts

Well im not too far into the game. I am at the fight with the beast and can't beat it. There are three dogs and the big one. Is there a special way to go about this fight? I have gotten this far without much trouble. please help!!

I got the game back in november and really want to play it because it is fun, but since I first got to this fight about a month and a half ago, I haven't played since until today.

I really think I can beat this. I don't know much about the potions other than the swallow one gives you health regeneration. Is there a potion for health? Can I collect one before this fight? BTW, I have not swallow potion, is it worth it to got to an earlier save and get some of this?

thanks.

eggdog1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 eggdog1234
Member since 2007 • 831 Posts
when you're fighting do you double tap the w.a.s.d. keys to aviod getting stuck?
harrisi17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 harrisi17

when you're fighting do you double tap the w.a.s.d. keys to aviod getting stuck?eggdog1234

no, but I guess ill try that!

I do get cornered by the four enemies and then the big guy hits me and I get stunned and quickly die. Is there a parry move and is it useful?

zeus_gb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#4 zeus_gb
Member since 2004 • 7793 Posts

Are you actually using your silver sword?

There is no health potion just health regeneration. Food can also be used for health regeneration it's just not as good as swallow. Use Aard as well it does come in handy.

In The Witcher alchemy is a key component and you should really learn to use it.

wackys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#5 wackys
Member since 2005 • 1315 Posts

[QUOTE="eggdog1234"]when you're fighting do you double tap the w.a.s.d. keys to aviod getting stuck?harrisi17

I do get cornered by the four enemies and then the big guy hits me and I get stunned and quickly die. Is there a parry move and is it useful?

Well the best advice I can give you is to quickly take a swallow and a tanwy owl use some grindstone (or diamond dust) to increase your damage you Aard on the other dogs or if you upgraded Aard to the point where it stuns enemyes use it on the beast a couple of times until it gets sttunned and then give it a finishing move. @zeus_gb You can't get a silver sword in ACT 1 you get it in ACT 2
eggdog1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 eggdog1234
yeah when you get stunned or trapped try double tapping away from the enemies, you'll do some sort of dodge type move. You can even flip over the enemy and start to hit them from behind. Also try to string your hits together by chaining, watch your blade trail when you swing, when it turns orangeish click again. Make sure you are using your group attack style, and maybe take some potions before you start fighting. Maybe that will help.:)
eggdog1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 eggdog1234

There is no health potion just health regeneration.

zeus_gb

There is a health potion later in the game

zeus_gb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 zeus_gb
[QUOTE="zeus_gb"]

eggdog1234

I've seen a potion that increases your max health, i've seen the swallow potion but i've never seen one that restores health like a traditional RPG health potion would.
zeus_gb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 zeus_gb
[QUOTE="harrisi17"]

[QUOTE="eggdog1234"]when you're fighting do you double tap the w.a.s.d. keys to aviod getting stuck?wackys

Well the best advice I can give you is to quickly take a swallow and a tanwy owl use some grindstone (or diamond dust) to increase your damage you Aard on the other dogs or if you upgraded Aard to the point where it stuns enemyes use it on the beast a couple of times until it gets sttunned and then give it a finishing move. @zeus_gb You can't get a silver sword in ACT 1 you get it in ACT 2

That's a good point, you get it at the start of act 2, oops.
playerofdeath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#10 playerofdeath
Member since 2004 • 47 Posts
the best way to beat them is kill the small ones quickly and then hit the big one, when your health drop to 50% , then start running around in circle until it's full and then start killing again, and use constantly when the big is stunned just finish them off..running is the best thing u can do, also use swallow...
wackys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#11 wackys
Member since 2005 • 1315 Posts
[QUOTE="eggdog1234"][QUOTE="zeus_gb"]

zeus_gb

I've seen a potion that increases your max health, i've seen the swallow potion but i've never seen one that restores health like a traditional RPG health potion would.

You are wrong.There is a potion (a very useful one) called White Rafford's Decoction.It's referenced in act 1 when leo dies
harrisi17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 harrisi17

How do you get the silver sword? Now I sound like a dumbass cus I didn't even know I had it :(

Please tell me I have it and how to use it. thanks.

eggdog1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 eggdog1234
you get it at the start of act 2
harrisi17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 harrisi17

you get it at the start of act 2eggdog1234

Is Act 2 after the beast? cus then it wont help. I guess ill just get some potions and take them during or at the start of the fight. and do the double tap thing.

zeus_gb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 zeus_gb
[QUOTE="zeus_gb"][QUOTE="eggdog1234"][QUOTE="zeus_gb"]

wackys

You are wrong.There is a potion (a very useful one) called White Rafford's Decoction.It's referenced in act 1 when leo dies

No i'm not wrong, I didn't say they're wasn't one, just that I hadn't seen one.
zeus_gb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 zeus_gb

[QUOTE="eggdog1234"]you get it at the start of act 2harrisi17

Is Act 2 after the beast? cus then it wont help. I guess ill just get some potions and take them during or at the start of the fight. and do the double tap thing.

I kinda forgot you get the silver sword at the beginning of act 2, sorry about that and yes act 2 is after the beast.

harrisi17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 harrisi17

Ill try and beat the guy and if I do it fast, I might report back, or just keep playing :)

Ill load the save right before I kill all the bandit because im at the inn and I think I can buy a swallow of make one. Then Ill go in and kick the **** out of the beast thanks to all the help I got. seriously, thanks.

carcina

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 carcina
Member since 2005 • 69 Posts

Specter oil , specter oil specter oil

i tried to kill him 10 times and failed , then used specter oil and got him on the first try

its like 5x times dmg muptilier its a must have for that fight

swallow is a good addition but isnt necesary becouse the woman healing you

harrisi17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 harrisi17

I guess ill find out how to make that and give it one or two more tries. My earliest save is already at the inn where you kill some guys and get the salamandra key. There are like no people to buy things from and there are no fires, well theremay be one in the inn

How do I get ingredients? any suggestions? I guess illput up with running around, but I hope I dont get killed, It sucks how you can only do alchemyat a fire.

I have a flower that contains two ingredients, one of which I need to make swallow, so can I use that flower and it will still work or am I on crack?

thanks for you help, but I guess I suck and the double tap thing isn't working, im in OTS mode. Ill try like 5 times max beforre I give up, im that pissed.

eggdog1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 eggdog1234
have you raided the crypt yet?
osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#21 osan0
Member since 2004 • 17812 Posts
i had probs with this guy at first. however switching to mutliple opponent fighting style really helped. u can kill those green guys ina couple of hits so by switching to multiple opponent, u dont need to worry about em too much and can focus on the boss itself. swallow os also very useful.
psycho_armo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 psycho_armo
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts

The Beast fight is real easy once you know the trick, save your potions and everything because you wont need them.

Just use the aard sign on him, if your lucky you can knock him down and kill him with one shot.Ignore the other guys cuz they just keep comin after you kill them. If you havent distributed any talents under the aard sign it may take a few tries to knock him down.

Here's a video of someone killing him, don't watch past when the dog dies, there may be some spoilers: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LKOyCvO_1pE

nutcrackr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

User Lists: 1

#23 nutcrackr
Member since 2004 • 13032 Posts
just knock him down and one shot kill, but its not easy thats for sure. I'm in chapter 5 and its the hardest part in the game so far, mainly because they give you a long ass cutscene then put you right in the middle of a fight giving you no time to ready yourself, I think its the worst part of the game so far.
Hate_Squad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#24 Hate_Squad
Member since 2007 • 1357 Posts
I finished it on hard and the battle with the beast was the only in which I had serious difficulties.The game isn't hard
Planeforger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#25 Planeforger
Member since 2004 • 19567 Posts

Are you actually using your silver sword?

There is no health potion just health regeneration. Food can also be used for health regeneration it's just not as good as swallow. Use Aard as well it does come in handy.

In The Witcher alchemy is a key component and you should really learn to use it.

zeus_gb

1. He can't use the silver sword, since you get that at the start of Chapter 2.
2. There is an instant healing potion - White Rafford's Decoction, iirc.

Anyway, I didn't find The Witcher to be too hard, playing on the medium difficulty.
The only boss that managed to kill me was [spoiler] The Professor [/spoiler] , and that was only because I was overwhelmed by kikimores.

TheCrazed420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 TheCrazed420
Member since 2003 • 7661 Posts

Aah, man, this battle was hard for me as well. Well, until I figured out to NOT listen to the bestiary and its instructions to use my fast style. Tried everything these people said, different potions, etc, but still had problems.

Said "what the hell", tried Strong style, one full combo later and hes dead. If you've been attacking him with fast style, THIS is your solution.

Shadow-Eagle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Shadow-Eagle
Member since 2004 • 953 Posts

Keep Abagail alive if you didn't kill her. She healed me enough that I was able to beat the Beast without any potions/stones, though itdid takeseveral tries.