The Witcher 2- Exclusive Impressions

This topic is locked from further discussion.

RealKilla_789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 0

#1 RealKilla_789
Member since 2007 • 3669 Posts

Gamespot has posted an exclusive first-time impressions that inlcludes a lot of info on the game. Warning spoilers though. What do you guys think? I cannot wait for the sequel to the best RPG i've played.

DasVolks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 DasVolks
Member since 2010 • 495 Posts
Thank you for the spoiler warning...I will watch after I finish the original.
kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#3 kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts

Game is shaping up to be wicked.

dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#4 dakan45
Member since 2009 • 18819 Posts
amazing
millerlight89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#5 millerlight89
Member since 2007 • 18658 Posts
It looks ok.
nutcrackr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

User Lists: 1

#6 nutcrackr
Member since 2004 • 13032 Posts
Sounds pretty good, but how much of the game is with companions? Also they talk about a timed conversation system, I don't recall the first one caring if you took 10 minutes to answer dialogue?
Im_single

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Im_single
Member since 2008 • 5134 Posts
[QUOTE="nutcrackr"]Sounds pretty good, but how much of the game is with companions? Also they talk about a timed conversation system, I don't recall the first one caring if you took 10 minutes to answer dialogue?

I was thinking the same thing to be honest (About the dialogue) GS seems to think that the first had timed dialogue? I don't recall it having that at all. The game looks fantastic, and if it is anything like the first it will be phenomenal.
GeneralShowzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#8 GeneralShowzer
Member since 2010 • 11598 Posts
After reading that i can confirm that the guy who wrote that hasn't played the first Witcher. :D
Eneru112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Eneru112
Member since 2010 • 1165 Posts

cant wait

first one was great but the camera controls were awful and combat was meh

wheezal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 wheezal
Member since 2004 • 3066 Posts

[QUOTE="nutcrackr"]Sounds pretty good, but how much of the game is with companions? Also they talk about a timed conversation system, I don't recall the first one caring if you took 10 minutes to answer dialogue?Im_single
I was thinking the same thing to be honest (About the dialogue) GS seems to think that the first had timed dialogue? I don't recall it having that at all. The game looks fantastic, and if it is anything like the first it will be phenomenal.

maybe the article writer was referring to certaine vents and dialogue available only during day and night times during the game. otherwise, i get the impression the author has no idea how the Witcher actually played.

considering how well the first game ended, i'm genuinely excited about a sequel.

johnkar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 johnkar7
Member since 2006 • 78 Posts

The Witcher best dark fantasy RPG imo.i am playing rpg since baldurs gate.

Renevent42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12 Renevent42
Member since 2010 • 6654 Posts
[quote="gamespot"]This part of the game gave us a chance to see a very early version of The Witcher 2's combat system, which will no longer require the timed input of the original game and will instead be much more open-ended. The current, early version of the game lets you freely attack with your sword or perform an evasive roll in any direction--or smoothly transition from the former to the latter. Though the combat system isn't finished, it currently lets Geralt dish out combination slashes with his sword by starting out with a few light slashes and then ending with a strong slash, similar to the combat systems of third-person console action games like the God of War series. However, the final version of the game will bring back different combat stances, just like in the original game, and let you mix and match various attacks from different styles freely, rather than having to manually switch styles. In any case, even the early version of combat we saw is brutal and bloody.

Awesome. I really tried to get into the first game but the combat for me amounted to annoying timed clickery that really turned me off. It was so bad that I couldn't play very far into the game even though the story and characters were pulling me in. Very happy they are going with a different system this time around, and now I am very much looking forward to the game.
RealKilla_789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 RealKilla_789
Thank you for the spoiler warning...I will watch after I finish the original.DasVolks
no problem
RealKilla_789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 RealKilla_789

[QUOTE="Im_single"][QUOTE="nutcrackr"]Sounds pretty good, but how much of the game is with companions? Also they talk about a timed conversation system, I don't recall the first one caring if you took 10 minutes to answer dialogue?wheezal

maybe the article writer was referring to certaine vents and dialogue available only during day and night times during the game. otherwise, i get the impression the author has no idea how the Witcher actually played.

considering how well the first game ended, i'm genuinely excited about a sequel.

thank you guys. i played and finished the witcher and when i read that about the timed dialogue and also raised an eyebrow. but then i thought may be i just don't remember. but now i know i'm not crazy!
Tresca_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#15 Tresca_
Member since 2008 • 869 Posts

I missed this little easter egg at the end of the trailer. Pretty cool.