The stomping Land!!!! - EPIC Dino DayZ-esque game!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

creaturemagic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 creaturemagic
Member since 2010 • 641 Posts

The Stomping Land is a multiplayer survival game about dinosaurs.

In order to survive, your primary need is simply to eat dinosaur meat. There are plenty of small dinosaurs on the island for you to hunt, but larger carnivores are nearly impossible to kill and are effective at preventing you from obtaining your food.

At the very start, your hunter is weak and ineffective. By salvaging resources from the world, you will have access to tools and abilities that make you a competent hunter. These tools, when used in combination, will counter these larger carnivores or help you discover other ways of obtaining food. A few of these methods include:
- Building traps to wound carnivores
- Hunting down masses of small dinosaurs
- Sabotaging camps built by other players that contain food

Cooperation is highly rewarded since the process of hunting becomes drastically easier. Groups of hunters will have the ability to build campsites, which can be used to store meat. Large quantities of stored meat will enable abilities for that group.

The more meat that is being stored by players, the fewer huntable dinosaurs will be present on the map. This will cause other tribes to seek down and destroy your campsites. Becoming the dominant tribe on the island is the ultimate goal.

http://www.thestompingland.com/

And the developer: Alex 'jig' - Game Director
Alex's background in the industry includes credits in games such as The Elder Scrolls: Skyrim andDungeon Defenders. For The Stomping Land, he works on everything from art and animation, to a.i. and gameplay programming. When not making games, Alex can be found either gazing at the cosmos with Neil Tyson, or playing some of his favorite games like Team Fortress, Mount & Blade, and Dota.

On Greenlight: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=142490129&searchtext=

Man, I'm ecited for this! This has been like my dream game forver!

Avatar image for deactivated-59b71619573a1
deactivated-59b71619573a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 deactivated-59b71619573a1
Member since 2007 • 38222 Posts

The idea behind this is something very very close to my heart and something I would love to see done right

However this game looks positively terrible, no offence if you had a part in making it but it doesn't look polished enough. Something about it is off, like it's too fast or something. he guy runs and crawls like lightning.

I would love an open world durvival dinosaur game like it though

skrat_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 skrat_01
Member since 2007 • 33767 Posts
That was a lot cooler then I was expecting, for something that's a work in progress. Personally I like the speed about it.
8-Bitterness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 8-Bitterness
Member since 2009 • 3707 Posts
By the thread's title I expected the game to be total crap. But damn it does look pretty amazing, I'm gonna have to keep an eye on this one, hopefully it ends up being as good as it looks.
Avatar image for GovernorOstrich
GovernorOstrich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 GovernorOstrich
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts
hey guys! If you think this game looks awesome then check out the Kickstarter and show your support! :) http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/524168447/the-stomping-land
klusps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 53

#6 klusps
Member since 2005 • 10386 Posts

Nice concept but everything else looks pretty bad.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46188 Posts

Very nice concept. Damn that thieving T-rex !