The Seven Wonders of Crysis 3 - EPISODE 1

This topic is locked from further discussion.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 FelipeInside
Member since 2003 • 28548 Posts

EPISODE 1

http://games.on.net/2012/12/the-seven-wonders-of-crysis-3-series-kicks-off-with-prophet-shooting-a-bunch-of-people-dead/

ChubbyGuy40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 ChubbyGuy40
Member since 2007 • 26442 Posts

There was nothing to be even slightly excited for.

yodude1026

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 yodude1026
Member since 2011 • 184 Posts
below the vid is the link to system requirements( at least for me)....... i have a duo core cpu 3220 butit has hyperthreading... will it be enough for Multiplayer? (i play crysis 2 and it works no problem) pls help! :D
with_teeth26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 1

#4 with_teeth26
Member since 2007 • 11511 Posts

That wasn't a very good trailer. The audio was out of sync and the gunplay looks unsatisfying.

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 KHAndAnime
Member since 2009 • 17565 Posts

That wasn't a very good trailer. The audio was out of sync and the gunplay looks unsatisfying.

with_teeth26
I agree. If that gameplay was supposed to excite, I dont think it did a very good job.
FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 FelipeInside
^^ Really guys? The gameplay was fine, just like any other shooter and it's the best looking game coming up. I guess Gamers these days just aren't happy with the simple things anymore...
with_teeth26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 with_teeth26

^^ Really guys? The gameplay was fine, just like any other shooter and it's the best looking game coming up. I guess Gamers these days just aren't happy with the simple things anymore...FelipeInside

thars yer problem

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 FelipeInside

[QUOTE="FelipeInside"]^^ Really guys? The gameplay was fine, just like any other shooter and it's the best looking game coming up. I guess Gamers these days just aren't happy with the simple things anymore...with_teeth26

thars yer problem

You don't have to reinvent the wheel to produce a good car..... just sayin....
darksusperia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 darksusperia
Member since 2004 • 6945 Posts
Its ok Felipe. I liked the video. Looking forward to it.
with_teeth26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 with_teeth26

[QUOTE="with_teeth26"]

[QUOTE="FelipeInside"]^^ Really guys? The gameplay was fine, just like any other shooter and it's the best looking game coming up. I guess Gamers these days just aren't happy with the simple things anymore...FelipeInside

thars yer problem

you do for those of us suffering from shooter fatigue.

It looks exactly the same as Crysis 2 in a slightly different environment. The weapons look and sound the same. The gunplay in Crysis 2 just didn't do anything for me.

I'm basing this on the trailer and the MP alpha which I played.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 FelipeInside

[QUOTE="FelipeInside"][QUOTE="with_teeth26"]

thars yer problem

with_teeth26

It looks exactly the same as Crysis 2 in a slightly different environment. The weapons look and sound the same. The gunplay in Crysis 2 just didn't do anything for me.

And that's fine. If ur having shooter fatigue then stop playing them, it's nearly impossible to bring something totally fresh these days. Crysis 1 was great, Crysis 2 was good fun and looked awesome too. Crysis 3 promises a mix of the both so I personally can't wait. (Well technically I can, cause I have to upgrade to be able to play it).
darksusperia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 darksusperia
[QUOTE="with_teeth26"]

[QUOTE="FelipeInside"] You don't have to reinvent the wheel to produce a good car..... just sayin....FelipeInside

And that's fine. If ur having shooter fatigue then stop playing them, it's nearly impossible to bring something totally fresh these days. Crysis 1 was great, Crysis 2 was good fun and looked awesome too. Crysis 3 promises a mix of the both so I personally can't wait. (Well technically I can, cause I have to upgrade to be able to play it).

Everyones a critic. They should put up or shut up. Why dont all the "unimpressed" make a game and show them how its done... No? I didnt think so.
ChubbyGuy40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 ChubbyGuy40
Member since 2007 • 26442 Posts

Everyones a critic. They should put up or shut up. Why dont all the "unimpressed" make a game and show them how its done... No? I didnt think so.darksusperia

Wasn't aware we all had the assets at the ready to create a video game to put those we critique to shame. Do we need to be an NFL or MLB player to judge whether or not a team performing badly is actually bad?

The unimpressed don't need to make a game to prove this is sh*t. Crytek made it themselves and released it in 2007.

with_teeth26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 with_teeth26

Everyones a critic. They should put up or shut up. Why dont all the "unimpressed" make a game and show them how its done... No? I didnt think so.darksusperia

Thats a pretty weak argument. Crysis 1 had great gunplay, weapon sounds were super sharp and enemies died well. It became worse in Crysis 2, weapons just didn't have the same sense of impact.

I think its fair to complain when developers regress in terms of quality, or in the case of Crysis 3, fail to change the way the guns look, feel and sound at all.

Good gunplay is essential for a more open sandbox type world, Far Cry 3 did this very well, but Crysis 2's (and likel 3's) weapons just aren't satisfying or fun to kill with.

Just my opinion of course, I'm expressing my disappointment that they are not changing the feel of the combat from Crysis 2.

kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#16 kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts

Looking forward to Crysis3 but that was not very impressive

kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#17 kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts

[QUOTE="darksusperia"]Everyones a critic. They should put up or shut up. Why dont all the "unimpressed" make a game and show them how its done... No? I didnt think so.with_teeth26

Thats a pretty weak argument. Crysis 1 had great gunplay, weapon sounds were super sharp and enemies died well. It became worse in Crysis 2, weapons just didn't have the same sense of impact.

I think its fair to complain when developers regress in terms of quality, or in the case of Crysis 3, fail to change the way the guns look, feel and sound at all.

Good gunplay is essential for a more open sandbox type world, Far Cry 3 did this very well, but Crysis 2's (and likel 3's) weapons just aren't satisfying or fun to kill with.

Just my opinion of course, I'm expressing my disappointment that they are not changing the feel of the combat from Crysis 2.

Farcry3 feels like more of a CRYSIS 1 game then Crysis2 did :P

I still had a good amount of fun with Crysis2 campaign but it definatly was not as good as the first one which I loved.

Fizzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#18 Fizzman
Member since 2003 • 9895 Posts

It was interesting until the gameplay started.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cf4b2c19c4ab
deactivated-5cf4b2c19c4ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#19 deactivated-5cf4b2c19c4ab
Member since 2008 • 17476 Posts
Dat grass.
nutcrackr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#20 nutcrackr
Member since 2004 • 13032 Posts
thought it was pretty good, better than the last video they showed. Kinda hard to do a great gameplay vid with no crosshair or hud I guess but they managed. Grass at the start looks pretty nice and there seems to be a bit more thought gone into levels for parkour play. What I didn't particularly like was the shotgun which looked like it jumped about 3 feet everytime he shot it, most annoying.
Mcspanky37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Mcspanky37
Member since 2010 • 1693 Posts
Is that supposed to be max settings? I mean, a GTX 680 to run that?
darksusperia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 darksusperia

[QUOTE="darksusperia"] Everyones a critic. They should put up or shut up. Why dont all the "unimpressed" make a game and show them how its done... No? I didnt think so.ChubbyGuy40

Wasn't aware we all had the assets at the ready to create a video game to put those we critique to shame. Do we need to be an NFL or MLB player to judge whether or not a team performing badly is actually bad?

The unimpressed don't need to make a game to prove this is sh*t. Crytek made it themselves and released it in 2007.

and you know that this is sh!t purely from the trailer?
IcyToasters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 IcyToasters
Member since 2007 • 12476 Posts

Game looks pretty visually, and showing him in space at the beginning was interesting. I'm hoping that they'll do something like levels in space (bringing back stuff like the zero gravity level in Crysis 1). The levels look improved a bit from Crysis 2, tooo.

That makes me hopeful that they'll do more with the aliens.. To me it makes sense for them to use the different domes as an excuse different environments, like frozen things, jungles, and zero gravity, and then have different kinds of aliens for different environments.

But the way they have the gameplay makes me sad. How it looks and how they're showing it.
Wish they had an option to choose between a Crysis/Warhead-styIe suit and a Crysis 2 one. Crysis 2 one handled like a potato.

thought it was pretty good, better than the last video they showed. Kinda hard to do a great gameplay vid with no crosshair or hud I guess but they managed. Grass at the start looks pretty nice and there seems to be a bit more thought gone into levels for parkour play.

What I didn't particularly like was the shotgun which looked like it jumped about 3 feet everytime he shot it, most annoying. nutcrackr

no crosshair is fun though (:
looked like he was doing some weird aiming it for a half of a half of a second with the shotgun, so it jumped around on screen and then went upwards when he actually used it.

MasterNinja49

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 MasterNinja49
Member since 2008 • 461 Posts

The grass looked amazing, gameplay looked boring.

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#25 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts
Its ok Felipe. I liked the video. Looking forward to it.darksusperia
Me too. I liked it. I love the setting. Fallen city, overgrown vegetation. Only thing I dislike was the enemy awareness arrows.. just like Far Cry 3. I hope someone will come up with a way to make it invisible just like in FC3. :lol:
Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts
Is that supposed to be max settings? I mean, a GTX 680 to run that? Mcspanky37
Mcspanky, it's a Youtube video. :P If you were to play it first-hand, I"m sure it'll look a lot better haha.
SPYDER0416

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#27 SPYDER0416
Member since 2008 • 16736 Posts

I know people harp on Crytek for being a part of EA and bringing the series to console and blah blah blah, but you can't deny they make good games.

Crysis 2 was far above average, even if the multiplayer was crap and the campaign was more linear, it was still pretty, polished, fun and more unique in today's landscape than your average modern military shooter.

Crysis 3 looks like a return to form with some of what I've seen, I'll definitely play it.

Avatar image for call_of_duty_10
call_of_duty_10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 call_of_duty_10
Member since 2009 • 4954 Posts

Gameplay looks exactly like that of crysis 2(Pathetic).

The grass looks nice,though.

I think I will buy this game.It looks like the perfect cure for insomnia.

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#29 Macutchi
Member since 2007 • 10494 Posts

[QUOTE="FelipeInside"][QUOTE="with_teeth26"]

darksusperia

Everyones a critic. They should put up or shut up. Why dont all the "unimpressed" make a game and show them how its done... No? I didnt think so.

thats one of the most stupid things ive ever read on this forum. congrats

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

Farcry3 feels like more of a CRYSIS 1 game then Crysis2 did :P

kozzy1234

Strangely enough, I thought of that as well. Far Cry 3 even has a weapon wheel menu although I never use it. I kept Crysis installed for so long because it gave an excellent blend of action and exploration. But, I think Far Cry 3 has it beat except maybe in graphics. But, Far Cry 3's looks are pleasing enough to me. I can probably retire Crysis now. Far Cry 3 is my new favorite sandbox.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 FelipeInside
http://games.on.net/2012/12/crysis-3-aiming-to-be-the-pc-benchmark-that-the-original-crysis-was/ Will it be....?
painguy1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 painguy1
Member since 2007 • 8686 Posts

Lol at the dark knight rises intro.

JangoWuzHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 JangoWuzHere
Member since 2007 • 19032 Posts

That looked good and all...but this game just looks the same as Crysis 2 to me. Crytek has really failed at showing off anything new so far. They showed off a new environment and 2 new weapons. I wanna see newer gunplay, more enemy variety, new combat ability's, and possibly new suit powers. That trailer basically just showed off all the new cool stuff that happened in Crysis 2...

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 FelipeInside
EPISODE 2 http://games.on.net/2012/12/its-alien-velociraptors-in-the-long-grass-in-crysis-3s-next-seven-wonders-video/
topgunmv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 topgunmv
Member since 2003 • 10880 Posts

http://games.on.net/2012/12/crysis-3-aiming-to-be-the-pc-benchmark-that-the-original-crysis-was/ Will it be....?FelipeInside

Every level will have 400 tessellated toads in it.

Swiftstrike5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Swiftstrike5
Member since 2005 • 6950 Posts

Looked too much like Crysis 2. I was hoping for more along the lines of the first few levels of Crysis 1.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 FelipeInside

Looked too much like Crysis 2. I was hoping for more along the lines of the first few levels of Crysis 1.

Swiftstrike5
Read my other Topic regarding a first hands on with Crysis 3.
darksusperia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 darksusperia
You should put the second ep in the op..