urbangamez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 urbangamez
Member since 2010 • 3511 Posts

Its available now on pc, here is a launch trailer, as you will see its a mash up of your favorite colorful mass appeal or appeal to masses FPS games.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 225

#2  Edited By BassMan
Member since 2002 • 17803 Posts

Another BR game that wasn't needed as far as I am concerned. I may try it out at some point, but it just looks like COD Blackout, which was already redundant. I would love an expanded campaign in the TitanFall universe.

Avatar image for PfizersaurusRex
PfizersaurusRex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3  Edited By PfizersaurusRex
Member since 2012 • 1503 Posts

Well I gave it a try yesterday, played a few matches. The shooting part is actually pretty good, it feels right. But overall, not really impressed. It looks worse than TF2 and it performs worse, too. I had to turn down a few settings to get 60fps on i7-8700, 16GB RAM and GTX 1060 6GB. And there's no brightness calibration which is probably not a big deal to most but it's very off-putting for me.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 BassMan

@PfizersaurusRex said:

Well I gave it a try yesterday, played a few matches. The shooting part is actually pretty good, it feels right. But overall, not really impressed. It looks worse than TF2 and it performs worse, too. I had to turn down a few settings to get 60fps on i7-8700, 16GB RAM and GTX 1060 6GB. And there's no brightness calibration which is probably not a big deal to most but it's very off-putting for me.

Try using Reshade or something. You may be able to achieve the brightness level you want that way without having to fiddle with your monitor.

Avatar image for deactivated-63d1ad7651984
deactivated-63d1ad7651984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

#5 deactivated-63d1ad7651984
Member since 2017 • 10057 Posts

F2P battle royale

DrRollinstein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 DrRollinstein
Member since 2016 • 1163 Posts

Im glad companies know what us gamers want right?

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#8 GeryGo  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 12803 Posts
@drrollinstein said:

Yeah I totally waited for another generic BR game.

I was expecting Titanfall with BR playstyle since I've heard it's coming from Respawn and everyboday talked about it, no titans were found, neither an installment of the game on my PC :D

GTR12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By GTR12
Member since 2006 • 13490 Posts

At least its better than PUBG.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#10  Edited By mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58299 Posts

@urbangamez said:

The new Titanfall game...

Yes!

@urbangamez said:

...is a free-to-play...

No...no no no...

@urbangamez said:

...Battle Royale game.

NO! NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Dammit EA. Just....dammit.

@drrollinstein said:

We want what they tell us to want. Gooble gobble gooble gobble!

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 mrbojangles25

What I don't understand is why the hell EA is releasing this right before Anthem?

They keep seem to be releasing titles back-to-back, like they almost want to sabotage themselves. BF1, Call of Duty Whatever, and Titanfall 2 also came out within a couple months of eachother as well.

goodzorr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#12 goodzorr
Member since 2017 • 506 Posts

I think it's actually not that bad! Not a fan of Blackout or Fortnite but I do like PUBG. Can't complain when it's F2P but not P2W!

lucidique

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 150

#13  Edited By lucidique
Member since 2003 • 791 Posts

@PredatorRules said:
@drrollinstein said:

I was expecting Titanfall with BR playstyle...

Assuming most of you have tried the game, have you noticed that most of the content, including weapon models and most of the props on the map are directly lifted from Titanfall 2?

I know a lot of people reported that this is ultimately what Titanfall 3 became during development, but I don't believe it.

I think this was thrown quickly together. EA also mentioned during it's last earnings call that an unannounced Titanfall project would launch before the end of their fiscal year.

I'm pretty sure that's Titanfall 3.

Ninja Edit : May as well contribute to the conversation : I really like the way the game plays. I was expecting something faster In term of player movement, but I think they really nailed it.

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 GeryGo  Moderator
@lucidique said:
@PredatorRules said:
@drrollinstein said:

I was expecting Titanfall with BR playstyle...

Assuming most of you have tried the game, have you noticed that most of the content, including weapon models and most of the props on the map are directly lifted from Titanfall 2?

I know a lot of people reported that this is ultimately what Titanfall 3 became during development, but I don't believe it.

I think this was thrown quickly together. EA also mentioned during it's last earnings call that an unannounced Titanfall project would launch before the end of their fiscal year.

I'm pretty sure that's Titanfall 3.

Ninja Edit : May as well contribute to the conversation : I really like the way the game plays. I was expecting something faster In term of player movement, but I think they really nailed it.

It's not Titanfall 3, it's a side project if anything at all and easy cash grab, since EA doesn't really have any BR games and the BR games genre got weaken IMO since PUBG and Fortnite released.

Titanfall 3 will come out eventually in couple of years I assume.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By BassMan

@mrbojangles25 said:

What I don't understand is why the hell EA is releasing this right before Anthem?

They keep seem to be releasing titles back-to-back, like they almost want to sabotage themselves. BF1, Call of Duty Whatever, and Titanfall 2 also came out within a couple months of eachother as well.

Agreed. Doesn't make much sense. Also, the timing was already less than ideal with The Division 2 right around the corner. Now they throw Apex Legends into the mix and it is almost like they want Anthem to struggle.

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By GeryGo  Moderator
@BassMan said:
@mrbojangles25 said:

Agreed. Doesn't make much sense. Also, the timing was already less than ideal with The Division 2 right around the corner. Now they throw Apex Legends into the mix and it is almost like they want Anthem to struggle.

Apex is F2P formula type of game, it doesn't affect Anthem sales, if anything they're increasing the company's income by flooding the market with their own games.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 BassMan

@PredatorRules: Apex Legends is an online shooter and it will be competing for people's time. If people are busy playing Apex Legends (possibly not spending anything), they are less likely to spend money on Anthem.

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By GeryGo  Moderator
@BassMan said:

@PredatorRules: Apex Legends is an online shooter and it will be competing for people's time. If people are busy playing Apex Legends (possibly not spending anything), they are less likely to spend money on Anthem.

2 different genres, one is FPS BR style while the other is loot based TPS with a bit of story.

F2P games and paid games are making money from cosmetics.

If you are talking about a gamer that likes both games either by paying 60$ on Anthem or not paying anything at all and possibly paying later for some skins, as long as you don't play competitor's titles EA is making profit.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 BassMan

@PredatorRules: Still too close together. Taking away from each other's hype.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By mrbojangles25

@PredatorRules said:
@BassMan said:
@mrbojangles25 said:

Apex is F2P formula type of game, it doesn't affect Anthem sales, if anything they're increasing the company's income by flooding the market with their own games.

It's a "third party", like in voting....a "vote stealer". Anyone on the fence about Anthem who might have been willing to buy it because they are in the market for a multiplayer shooter, but had not quite warmed up to it, now can play Apex for free. Instead of saying "Screw it, I'll give Anthem a try" they go "You know what? I can wait; besides, I have Apex to try."

Or, alternatively, they'll play Apex for now and The Division 2 later instead of Anthem now and The Division 2 later.

You might be right; maybe they're flooding the market, hoping to steal shit away from everyone. Low Anthem sales, high Apex sales...as long as it's not high Other People's Stuff sales, I imagine they don't care.

It will be a shame though if they shutter Bioware because of poor performance when really it was just poor marketing and business.

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 GeryGo  Moderator

@mrbojangles25: IMO both Anthem and Division 2 are mediocre games, I'd rather play Apex for free TBH.

And as far as I want to play another Bioware game, maybe they'll decide to go with Anthem formula but with more characters and storyline? maybe a good co-op Mass Effect game?

lucidique

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 150

#22 lucidique
Member since 2003 • 791 Posts
@PredatorRules said:

@mrbojangles25: IMO both Anthem and Division 2 are mediocre games, I'd rather play Apex for free TBH.

Considering the snoozefest the first Division game ended up being, i honestly cannot understand how a sequel got made.

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 GeryGo  Moderator
@lucidique said:
@PredatorRules said:

Considering the snoozefest the first Division game ended up being, i honestly cannot understand how a sequel got made.

Some people will pay anything just because they don't got anything else interesting to play.

I got the original game just now for 5$ on sale, it's a boring game but I'm playing it with a friend so it helps.