The more BF3 I play, the worse I get.

• 103 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#-49 Posted by BSC14 (4187 posts) -

[QUOTE="Bikouchu35"]

p90 + suppressor = bawz, unless they patched it. The last time I checked using m16a3 was frown upon b.c is so overused and fairly op not sure if the hate have migrated back to m416.

seanmcloughlin

M416 rivals the M16 now. I still think the M16 is better but the M416 got some nice buffs and I love using it.

M16 is stupidly easy to control and can mow guys down easily. It gets boring to use it after a while. AN-94 and the AUG are really nice and fun to use too

I used the AN94 lasy night and had a lot of fun with it, did pretty decent too....seems to have pretty decent range on it compared to some of the others.

#-48 Posted by BSC14 (4187 posts) -

So last night I decided to play with music and the regular sound i the back ground and as stupid as this might sound it made it so much more fun. I was just jamimg to my music not really giving a crap and blasting away and not only was I having a **BLAST** but I did pretty well. :)

Avatar image for deactivated-59b71619573a1
#-47 Posted by deactivated-59b71619573a1 (38222 posts) -

[QUOTE="seanmcloughlin"]

[QUOTE="Bikouchu35"]

p90 + suppressor = bawz, unless they patched it. The last time I checked using m16a3 was frown upon b.c is so overused and fairly op not sure if the hate have migrated back to m416.

BSC14

M416 rivals the M16 now. I still think the M16 is better but the M416 got some nice buffs and I love using it.

M16 is stupidly easy to control and can mow guys down easily. It gets boring to use it after a while. AN-94 and the AUG are really nice and fun to use too

I used the AN94 lasy night and had a lot of fun with it, did pretty decent too....seems to have pretty decent range on it compared to some of the others.

AN94 is fantastic. It shoots the first two bullets in the exact same place meaning headshots are so easy with it. I usually get in very close though so it sucks for me, it fires too slow compared to an AEK or M16. Great on longer range maps though as it's almost like a sniper rifle, same with the G3A3

#-46 Posted by BSC14 (4187 posts) -

yeah it was not too great in CQ maps but on the larger maps it was great. I also went with the Kobra scope like you said and it worked great.

#-45 Posted by deactivated-59b71619573a1 (38222 posts) -

yeah it was not too great in CQ maps but on the larger maps it was great. I also went with the Kobra scope like you said and it worked great.

BSC14

The reason why the kobra is the best is due to the movement speed you get while aiming. The red dot and holo sights while aiming make you turn and move slower, the Kobra lets you turn faster and acquire targets quicker. Also the Kobra blocks less of the screen than other sights like a red dot, which blacks out some of it blocking your view. Also anything zoomed just sucks IMO, if you need a zoomed optic to hit people then you have bad aim or need something to help you. It also makes you engage enemies further away even if you can't take them, wasting time and ammo.

#-44 Posted by HyperWarlock (3295 posts) -

I can relate, I used to be really good at PVP in MMO's. Now when I try to PVP I can't do it, i'm just not as fast as I used to be. That's why I PVE in MMO's now.

#-43 Posted by BSC14 (4187 posts) -

I can relate, I used to be really good at PVP in MMO's. Now when I try to PVP I can't do it, i'm just not as fast as I used to be. That's why I PVE in MMO's now.

HyperWarlock

I have hit 40 years old now...maybe age is part of the problem. :)

#-42 Posted by mhofever (3960 posts) -

If you feel like you're not getting enough kills, fall back to a support guy. Focus on aiding team mates with health, ammo or covering fire. Stick to groups and watch your backs. Your team mates also matter on your success rate.

#-41 Posted by deactivated-59b71619573a1 (38222 posts) -

[QUOTE="HyperWarlock"]

BSC14

I have hit 40 years old now...maybe age is part of the problem. :)

Just depends on how much you're saturated in the game. I'm 22 (23 very soon) and in college and I have a lot of time to game, just muscle memory for BF3 alone lets me do well. But when I went to Korea for 10 days and came back I was so rusty and bad, took me a efw days to get back into it. Things like this happen all the time

#-40 Posted by Bikouchu35 (8197 posts) -

18-3 with p90, not too bad for a long hiatus. As always a lame duck shottie kills me towards the end, I feel like shotguns are very easy to kill and very easy to get killed good for high spm but harder on kdr.

If you guys still play vanilla or cq, add me: KoreanAssault < lol, dont ask why is not my accnt my friend is just a big kpop fanatic so hence the name.

#-39 Posted by deactivated-59b71619573a1 (38222 posts) -

18-3 with p90, not too bad for a long hiatus. As always a lame duck shottie kills me towards the end, I feel like shotguns are very easy to kill and very easy to get killed good for high spm but harder on kdr.

If you guys still play vanilla or cq, add me: KoreanAssault < lol, dont ask why is not my accnt my friend is just a big kpop fanatic so hence the name.

Bikouchu35

Just played a round against an extremely good team of chopper and jet pilots. And it becomes so unbalanced so fast when my team has no good pilots. Jets can slow to a crawl and one shot infantry, it's completely dumb. jets should only be used against other air vehicles, choppers against ground and air.

#-38 Posted by ShadowMoses900 (17081 posts) -

Meh, I played the beta. Thought it was the most boring shooter I played this gen.

#-37 Posted by Bikouchu35 (8197 posts) -

Just played a round against an extremely good team of chopper and jet pilots. And it becomes so unbalanced so fast when my team has no good pilots. Jets can slow to a crawl and one shot infantry, it's completely dumb. jets should only be used against other air vehicles, choppers against ground and air.

seanmcloughlin

Hah, this is why I avoided vehicles 99% of the time. I know I would have to grind x-hours to get decent in order to even be useful. While the avg BF player isnt so hot on infrantry, so that is where I like to play. Perhaps some empty servers and some practice can do me some good.

#-36 Posted by wis3boi (32507 posts) -

Meh, I played the beta. Thought it was the most boring shooter I played this gen.

ShadowMoses900

you're infecting this board now too? :|

#-35 Posted by deactivated-59b71619573a1 (38222 posts) -

ShadowMoses900

You also said you played it at a friends house and your reasons for finding it boring were all down to you playing it wrong. You thought the knife was broken and didn't know you had to hold it to assassinate someone and wondered why it took two slashes. You also said the guns were broken because the bullets spread out all over the place. The list goes on and on. Don't blame a game for being bad if you don't know how to play it

#-34 Posted by SPYDER0416 (16736 posts) -

[QUOTE="ShadowMoses900"]

wis3boi

you're infecting this board now too? :|

Dammit, the SW trolls are overhunting their feeding grounds.

#-33 Posted by lockjaw333 (1743 posts) -
I find that when I'm doing poorly its usually because I'm being too aggressive. Holding down sprint and running from flag to flag, not taking my time to stop and check around for enemies. Try playing a little more cautious and the kills should come. There are an awful lot of COD nubz running around in BF3 these days who just play for kills and run around unaware of their surroundings, so if you sit back a bit you can usually pick them off. Also just make sure you always have some sort of cover or escape route if you start getting shot. Don't run out in the open too much. Other than that, just chalk it up to regular ups and downs. Happens to everyone.
#-32 Posted by kraken2109 (13271 posts) -

Feel free to add me, although I haven't played in a while.

(Kraken2109)

#-31 Posted by Gammit10 (2394 posts) -

ShadowMoses900
It sounds like you may have not tried Medal of Honor multiplayer from a few years ago.
#-30 Posted by BSC14 (4187 posts) -

Two things that bug me about this game...well 3 I guess.

The hackers

The people calling everyone "hacker"

and getting stuck on a 3 lip of some sort while running.

Other than those things I love the game.

#-29 Posted by JigglyWiggly_ (24599 posts) -

The hackers

BSC14

I've never seen a hacker once while playing BF3. ofc people love to hackuse

#-28 Posted by DevilMightCry (3554 posts) -

[QUOTE="BSC14"]

The hackers

JigglyWiggly_

I only encountered one hacker early on in the game. And I have over 200 hours into BF3.
#-27 Posted by BSC14 (4187 posts) -

any tips on sniping? man do i suck...

#-26 Posted by JigglyWiggly_ (24599 posts) -

BSC14

just watch how one of them plays and try to emulate it

close range or far range?
if far range:
erzascarlet
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m82WKId9Gws&t=4s&hd=1
this guy is abnormal, #1 ranked recon.

or if you want to watch a tdm player
raysteinerz
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RdXOEAtQXqg&hd=1

raysteinerz has a lot better movement, look at how he strafes to help his aiming. Like moving in the same direction as the person.

erzascarlet is erzascarlet
insane mouseaim, but doesn't move tactically. Like, has a lot more natural talent, but raysteinerz would out spm him in TDM because of his tactical awareness and movement.

but you should def try that link i posted on the first page to see if you are permabad at aiming.

if you are bad at aiming, don't snipe, change your game style.

strafe aim more

also keep in mind erzascarlet is using around 80cm/360

raysteinerz is using 52cm/360

zubin uses 108cm/360

(that's the amount of centimers to do a single turn)

those are extremely low sensitivities

your average player uses like 12cm/360

#-25 Posted by alan_carter (1404 posts) -

[QUOTE="BSC14"]

JigglyWiggly_

if far range:
erzascarlet

raysteinerz

raysteinerz has a lot better movement, look at how he strafes to help his aiming. Like moving in the same direction as the person.

insane mouseaim, but doesn't move tactically. Like, has a lot more natural talent, but raysteinerz would out spm him a lot in TDM because of his tactical awareness and movement.

but you should def try that link i posted on the first page to see if you are permabad at aiming.

strafe aim more

zubin uses 108cm/360

OMG stahp, he's bad at sniping, don't link him vids of top players lol Just lower ur sens and aim from a covered position.
#-24 Posted by JigglyWiggly_ (24599 posts) -

yeah lower sens is a must

there's nothing wrong with linking to top players
only reason i started to play quake live 2 years ago was because I saw fatal1ty playing and wanted to do it too

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRMn1tj5-Nc

dhat inspiration

ofc fatal1ty's mouseaim isn't that good. I mean it's like way better than most people, but I can outaim him consistently. OFC if duels were only aim, then you'd see a lot more cs players in quake.

#-23 Posted by Will47 (6824 posts) -

Yeah I'm the exact same way. The more I play the worse I get, if I take a break from the game (usually a few months :P) when I come back I'll do great for a day or two, then good for the next few days, then everything just sucks.

#-22 Posted by wis3boi (32507 posts) -

BSC14

Become a physics major :D

#-21 Posted by deactivated-59b71619573a1 (38222 posts) -

[QUOTE="JigglyWiggly_"]

[QUOTE="BSC14"]

alan_carter

if far range:
erzascarlet

raysteinerz

insane mouseaim, but doesn't move tactically. Like, has a lot more natural talent, but raysteinerz would out spm him a lot in TDM because of his tactical awareness and movement.

strafe aim more

zubin uses 108cm/360

OMG stahp, he's bad at sniping, don't link him vids of top players lol Just lower ur sens and aim from a covered position.

Best way to improve is to watch or play with people much better than you. I used to suck immensely but I played for like a week with Zubinen and his friends and they were sooooo much better. I had to adapt to keep up and they helped improve my game a lot.

I'm not awesome but I'm a hell of a lot better than I used to be. You just have to think really fast and it becomes muscle memory, learning your mouse sensitivity is key, when you learn how far it moves in one quick jerk it's far easier acquire targets. It's all about practice.

#-20 Posted by kraken2109 (13271 posts) -

yeah lower sens is a must

there's nothing wrong with linking to top players
only reason i started to play quake live 2 years ago was because I saw fatal1ty playing and wanted to do it too

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRMn1tj5-Nc

dhat inspiration

ofc fatal1ty's mouseaim isn't that good. I mean it's like way better than most people, but I can outaim him consistently. OFC if duels were only aim, then you'd see a lot more cs players in quake.

JigglyWiggly_
Don't forget the importance of diet.
#-19 Posted by JigglyWiggly_ (24599 posts) -

i didn't realize fatal1ty had sold out that much

dhat

all the europeans hate fatal1ty though

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e2hSZAuR8Ys

but i think they're just mad cause all the best players are american

#-18 Posted by kraken2109 (13271 posts) -

i didn't realize fatal1ty had sold out that much

dhat

all the europeans hate fatal1ty though

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e2hSZAuR8Ys

but i think they're just mad cause all the best players are american

JigglyWiggly_
Don't you want some of his 'cashews of chaos'?
#-17 Posted by arto1223 (4412 posts) -

It happens. I'll get to a point where I just suck for a few days. Just take a break, play some other shooters, watch some videos of people playing BF3 to get you back into the spirit, and then pick it up again. The fresh feeling will help you out.

#-16 Posted by jack00 (4183 posts) -
It might not be your fault. Sometimes you end up in a server with better players, or end up in a team who isn't one or worst case scenario you end up in a server with good players in the other team and crappy players in yours. I am pretty damn good at this game but sometimes no matter how awesome I am if my team don'T do sht, I can't fight 32 players alone. Anywho, BF3 is pretty much dead, every game i play there is like 3-4 other good players and the rest are noobs or retards. The games always finish with ridiculous scores like 564-0 out of 1000 tickets. No challenge anymore.
#-15 Posted by jack00 (4183 posts) -

[QUOTE="BSC14"]

The hackers

JigglyWiggly_

Maybe you haven't played enough to see some. I have been killed by ammo packs, while being in a tank by a sniper rifle, had my hp dropping down by 5% hits till I was at 10%, getting my whole team whacked in seconds because someone was using some sort of one hit kill hack and these are just on top of my head.
#-14 Posted by mitu123 (155191 posts) -

[QUOTE="BSC14"]

The hackers

JigglyWiggly_

Same, and I owned the game since around launch.

#-13 Posted by lostrib (49999 posts) -

[QUOTE="JigglyWiggly_"]

[QUOTE="BSC14"]

The hackers

mitu123

I've seen a few obvious aimbots and isnta-kill hacks

#-12 Posted by wis3boi (32507 posts) -

[QUOTE="mitu123"]

[QUOTE="JigglyWiggly_"] I've never seen a hacker once while playing BF3. ofc people love to hackuse

lostrib

Smae, but they lasted a whole 3min before being banned

#-11 Posted by lostrib (49999 posts) -

[QUOTE="lostrib"]

[QUOTE="mitu123"] Same, and I owned the game since around launch.

wis3boi

Smae, but they lasted a whole 3min before being banned

yeah, if the server has an active admin, hackers are gone pretty fast

#-10 Posted by Elann2008 (33028 posts) -

[QUOTE="JigglyWiggly_"]

[QUOTE="BSC14"]

The hackers

mitu123

Within the first few days of Aftermath launching, there were already people running around with health hacks. I think they had like 3x the amount of health. Mitu, you don't play enough BF3 to see hackers either. :P

I think the most common hacks are 1-hit and auto-aim hacks but servers with admin do a decent job of getting rid of hackers. Now, if you play on maps like Operation Metro, you're SOL. Just don't play on Metro because there are tons of hackers on them. The map sucks anyways. I used to like it just for kicks and giggles.

#-9 Posted by BSC14 (4187 posts) -

Like Stella I got my grove back this weekend and sucked a little less. I think I was just being a little carless...not real sure.

That said I absolutely did run into some hackers yesterday. I know a lot of people say "I have never seen a hacker" and whatnot but this was a for sure thing.

#-8 Posted by Rawtheory333 (474 posts) -

Within the first few days of Aftermath launching, there were already people running around with health hacks. I think they had like 3x the amount of health. Mitu, you don't play enough BF3 to see hackers either. :P

I think the most common hacks are 1-hit and auto-aim hacks but servers with admin do a decent job of getting rid of hackers. Now, if you play on maps like Operation Metro, you're SOL. Just don't play on Metro because there are tons of hackers on them. The map sucks anyways. I used to like it just for kicks and giggles.

Elann2008

Yeah I've got 520hrs so far logged into BF3 and my clan and sister clan still encounter a hacker or two almost every night. Sometimes the hackers are even ADMIN's! WTF is that! But regardless theres still such a massive player base that you can find servers with an active (non hacking!) admin that'll kick the tards out. But then theres also lots of head glitching, map glitching, and laggers in the game thats kind of annoying.

Lag benifits the lagger in this game which sucks but if what Jiggly said is true then I'll deal with it for the awesome hit detection.

This was only my 2nd serious MP FPS after BF:BC2 and i got my ass HANDED to me for 100+hrs and dug myself into a statistical hole because of it. But now I get the game and am kicking ass regularly in the top three, under two absolute murderers that I play with. I've raised my K/D from .77 to .92 and every night its inching up now.

Few modern games are deep enough to have 300 hr learning curves and I'm glad I took the dive into DICE's masterpiece. I'll be playing BF games almost exclusively now. :)

#-7 Posted by BSC14 (4187 posts) -

Last night a team mate and myself ran in on a guy in a building from different sides blasting away at him and he had no cover. This happened two times and he won both battles and ended both with 100% life. There is no freaking way it would have been possible w/o hacking. I'm used to sucking and getting my back side kicked but this was just too obvious. He was a hack...I'm 100% sure of it and evidently someone else had called him out as well before I did....at least that's the impression I got from the chat. He dropped pretty quick after that.

I don't understand cheating though. What's the point?

#-6 Posted by mitu123 (155191 posts) -

I still haven't seen a hacker yet.O_o

#-5 Posted by wis3boi (32507 posts) -

I still haven't seen a hacker yet.O_o

mitu123

most of them get banned too fast to notice. Or they get autodetected by PB and you can see their names flash by as being banned before joining in the chatbox

#-4 Posted by JigglyWiggly_ (24599 posts) -

[QUOTE="Elann2008"]

Rawtheory333

Yeah I've got 520hrs so far logged into BF3 and my clan and sister clan still encounter a hacker or two almost every night. Sometimes the hackers are even ADMIN's! WTF is that! But regardless theres still such a massive player base that you can find servers with an active (non hacking!) admin that'll kick the tards out. But then theres also lots of head glitching, map glitching, and laggers in the game thats kind of annoying.

Lag benifits the lagger in this game which sucks but if what Jiggly said is true then I'll deal with it for the awesome hit detection.

This was only my 2nd serious MP FPS after BF:BC2 and i got my ass HANDED to me for 100+hrs and dug myself into a statistical hole because of it. But now I get the game and am kicking ass regularly in the top three, under two absolute murderers that I play with. I've raised my K/D from .77 to .92 and every night its inching up now.

Few modern games are deep enough to have 300 hr learning curves and I'm glad I took the dive into DICE's masterpiece. I'll be playing BF games almost exclusively now. :)

1. There's no way there are that many hackers, esp with how agressive PB is. People just love to hackuse people, zubin and I have been hackused like several games in a row lol.

When someone is hacking it's extremely obvious. Every shot they take is a headshot and their SPM is around 3000. I've only seen 1 hacker.

If someone's movement is very good and they are constantly hitting everything, chances are they aren't hacking.

Some people's reaciton times can even go as low as 100ms like Diago the SF player and tjun the best bf3 jet pilot. OFC there's more than reaction times, mouse aim and playstyle.

2. Lag does not benefit the lagger, it just makes it playable. I was playing in euro with 160ms ping. I was at a disadvantage with corner peeking, which makes sense.
If I have 180ms reactions when feeling really good, and your average player has 260ms reactions, it will be harder for me to play the peeking game.
3. 300 hour learning curve? No it's not, but I primarily play TDM. This was after 10 hrs, i have another vid with m16, but 2lazy to keep linking same vids over and over lol.

If it's your first FPS ever, then then learning curve is understandbly a lot longer.

#-3 Posted by BSC14 (4187 posts) -

[QUOTE="Rawtheory333"]

[QUOTE="Elann2008"]

JigglyWiggly_

1. There's no way there are that many hackers, esp with how agressive PB is. People just love to hackuse people, zubin and I have been hackused like several games in a row lol.

hackuse ????

#-2 Posted by wis3boi (32507 posts) -

[QUOTE="JigglyWiggly_"]

[QUOTE="Rawtheory333"]

BSC14

hackuse ????

accuse + hack = hackuse

#-1 Posted by BSC14 (4187 posts) -

hackuse ????

wis3boi

accuse + hack = hackuse

Ah, i was reading it as hack+use...drrr.

#0 Posted by jack00 (4183 posts) -

[QUOTE="Rawtheory333"]

[QUOTE="Elann2008"]

JigglyWiggly_

When someone is hacking it's extremely obvious. Every shot they take is a headshot and their SPM is around 3000. I've only seen 1 hacker.

If someone's movement is very good and they are constantly hitting everything, chances are they aren't hacking.

Some people's reaciton times can even go as low as 100ms like Diago the SF player and tjun the best bf3 jet pilot. OFC there's more than reaction times, mouse aim and playstyle.

2. Lag does not benefit the lagger, it just makes it playable. I was playing in euro with 160ms ping. I was at a disadvantage with corner peeking, which makes sense.
If I have 180ms reactions when feeling really good, and your average player has 260ms reactions, it will be harder for me to play the peeking game.
3. 300 hour learning curve? No it's not, but I primarily play TDM. This was after 10 hrs, i have another vid with m16, but 2lazy to keep linking same vids over and over lol.

If it's your first FPS ever, then then learning curve is understandbly a lot longer.

There is alot more hackers then you think, sure compared to the whole bf3 community, they appear scattered but they are enough to make it a real **** I see lvl 30-35 colonel with only 32hours of paly time with 1800 points per minutes and other bullsht stats everyday now and then.