Jr14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Jr14
Member since 2004 • 2148 Posts

Seems like Battlefield Hardline is going downhill on PC. There is hardly any servers available. Are less people playing multiplayer games on PC, or does everyone just not like this game?

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 FelipeInside
Member since 2003 • 28548 Posts

@Jr14 said:

Seems like Battlefield Hardline is going downhill on PC. There is hardly any servers available. Are less people playing multiplayer games on PC, or does everyone just not like this game?

I just don't think as many people bought the game as they did with BF3/BF4.

Jr14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Jr14

@FelipeInside: Yea battlefield 3, and 4 are both still very popular. I just don't see why more people don't play Hardline. Yea it's different than any other battlefield game, but still a lot of fun.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 FelipeInside
Member since 2003 • 28548 Posts

@Jr14 said:

@FelipeInside: Yea battlefield 3, and 4 are both still very popular. I just don't see why more people don't play Hardline. Yea it's different than any other battlefield game, but still a lot of fun.

Maybe people are a bit jaded with the BF series ???

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 KHAndAnime
Member since 2009 • 17565 Posts

It's been that way ever since a couple weeks after launch.

Why people don't play it?

1) Content in base game feels limited compared to previous BF games, but there's lots of DLC content (making it an unappealing purchase)

2) Because base game content was so limited, people got bored of it fast.

3) People are afraid to spend money on the DLC when there's barely people playing the regular game

4) People don't like the setting this game is going for (some do, most don't "get it". Most people think this game is serious, when it's by far one of the most tongue-in-cheek games released.)

5) The time-to-kill is really low, to the point where the game's netcode can't keep up (people simultaneously killing each other constantly happens).

6) Sluggish netcode (shooting vehicles head-on with explosives deals zero damage, shooting the ground behind them deals most)

7) Powerups were unbalanced (most Hotwire matches were simply a race to the RPG powerup)

8) Unlocking everything is really fast.

Despite these problems, the game is still fun, but it's difficult to take seriously enough to put a lot of playtime into. For me, the biggest issue was the netcode. It's really difficult to play games with fucked up netcode, when I've gotten games for free that have amazing gunplay with responsive netcode (like Insurgency), so I just play those instead.

JigglyWiggly_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7  Edited By JigglyWiggly_
Member since 2009 • 24625 Posts

No pc multiplayer is only growing, http://steamcharts.com/app/730#All

It's just that cs:go has started to take every other game's playerbase away.

Also BF Hardline is a bad game.

Jr14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Jr14

Yea I was trying to decide if I wanted to get premium for hardline or not I personally like the game it does get boring now that I've unlocked pretty much every gun in the game, but with the low player count I probably won't be getting premium.

I'm excited for Tom Clancy's The Division I hope enough people play it.

_SKatEDiRt_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 _SKatEDiRt_
Member since 2007 • 3117 Posts

All this hype for hardline was a flop, just as i predicted.

Avatar image for EducatingU_PCMR
EducatingU_PCMR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#10 EducatingU_PCMR
Member since 2013 • 1581 Posts

Game is trash, so is BF4.

Grey_Eyed_Elf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Grey_Eyed_Elf
Member since 2011 • 7970 Posts

With each release of Battlefield I lost interest more and more...

• BF2 - 200 hours and more I logged in
  • BFBC2 - 100 hours and more logged in
  • BF3 = Lest than a 100 hours
  • BF4 = Less than 50 hours
  • BFH = Played the Beta and didn't buy the game
with_teeth26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 1

#12 with_teeth26
Member since 2007 • 11511 Posts

I think Evolve, Titanfall and BF Hardline are evidence that PC gamers just aren't going for these DLC-laden shooters anymore when there are lots of games on that platform that release all/most of the DLC for free (CS:GO, TF2, Insurgency, RO2, Verdun, Chivalry, Natural Selection 2 etc.).

Even the last couple CoD games had short lifespans on the PC. BF3/4 are the exceptions I guess.

I did not buy BF: Hardline, making it the first ever major PC-released Battlefield I did not buy. I've been playing the series since 1942.

Ribstaylor1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#13  Edited By Ribstaylor1
Member since 2014 • 2186 Posts

After Bf4 I didn't even bother with Hardline. After hearing the team behind 4 had to help their other development team get the game to a position worthy of release I said **** it. I'm tired off the shit EA and Dice have been pumping out and won't be buying any more of their games till their games start releasing more flushed out, and they stop trying to knickle and dime for shit that should be in game to begin with.

With every new battlefield release I play it less and less. Like the guy above me this seems about right for me as well:

• BF2 - 200 hours and more I logged in
  • BFBC2 - 150 hours and more logged in
  • BF3 = Less than a 125 hours
  • BF4 = Less than 100 hours
  • BFH = Didn't even bother
  • STWRS= Not a fucking chance in hell you series ruining bastards.
XIntoTheBlue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By XIntoTheBlue
Member since 2009 • 1070 Posts

@Jr14 said:

I didn't buy Hardline because I absolutely did not like the premise of cops vs robbers. It's not what I picture what a Battlefield game should be like, regardless of the fun factor it might bring.

Jr14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Jr14

@XIntoTheBlue: the one plus thing I liked about hardline though is you can destroy helicopters and vehicles by shooting them, that's one thing I disliked about battlefield 4 spawning in the middle of a wide open map surrounded by tanks and helicopters and getting spawn killed. If they incorporated that into the next battlefield game or at least an attachment for your weapons like armor piercing round to do damage against vehicles and aircrafts I would find it way more enjoyable.

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#16  Edited By wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

The game was bad and PC players are more into the BF franchise than the console crowd, hence the poor reaction to the game itself, the numbers were bad right out the gate.

Jr14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Jr14

@wis3boi: hardline actually has more console players than PC players. I think most PC players are more into the military shooters than cops and robbers. Heard the next battlefield will be military based though.

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

@Jr14 said:

@wis3boi: hardline actually has more console players than PC players. I think most PC players are more into the military shooters than cops and robbers. Heard the next battlefield will be military based though.

that was my point, pc players dont want hardline, console base didnt care and enjoyed it. On pc if you want robbers, payday is the better option

nutcrackr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

User Lists: 1

#19 nutcrackr
Member since 2004 • 13032 Posts

I quite like it, much more than I thought I would based on the betas. I've put in about 100hrs. It's a bit sad that there aren't many players but such is life. Now I know how Evolve players feel.

They should do a free week on PC to get some numbers playing. I think most would enjoy it at a discounted price ($15)

I'm not playing it right at the moment because witcher 3 and batman. But I will probably go back. Blood Money and Hotwire are lots of fun.

Jr14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Jr14

@nutcrackr: yeah I stopped playing it for the witcher 3 also. I probably won't go back and play it until the player count increases which probably won't be until the game is a lot cheaper or all the maps are out.

B_rich84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#21 B_rich84
Member since 2013 • 367 Posts

BF4 still has a huge community. The PC community doesn't abandon FPS games as fast.

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By KHAndAnime
Member since 2009 • 17565 Posts

@dyius0 said:

Getting BF hardline is the reason why I got into the battlefront beta. I guess that is a win.

How do you know that? I have Hardline and didn't get access.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 225

#24 BassMan  Online
Member since 2002 • 17806 Posts

BF: Hardline is a fun game. There are only a few good maps with the base game though. BF4 is a better game overall, but I like to play Hardline as well to switch it up. I mostly just play Conquest and Heist.

kraken2109

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 kraken2109
Member since 2009 • 13271 Posts

Am I the only one still enjoying Bad Company 2? It just has something that BF3 never matched.

gmak2442

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#26  Edited By gmak2442
Member since 2015 • 1089 Posts

@Jr14:

I noticed that too when I tried to play Hardline. While I really like this game and I say it's a good sequel to bf series and bf4, it appear that I'm almost alone. Also I was not really liking the criminals theme so maybe I'm not the only one?

Edit:

I forgot to say that I've played 80 hours of this game. And this with the alpha. So to me, this sound like a good life time a game. But I'm not sure if it's a good life time for the price it has cost to our great society.

Jr14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Jr14

@gmak2442: Yeah I enjoyed it also. The lack of players on PC though takes away from the fun factor for me. I really enjoy playing rescue and crosshair, but I can never find a lobby anymore. Im gonna just wait till all the dlc comes out and just hope that with all the content more people will start playing.

gmak2442

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#28  Edited By gmak2442
Member since 2015 • 1089 Posts

@Jr14 said:

@gmak2442: Yeah I enjoyed it also. The lack of players on PC though takes away from the fun factor for me. I really enjoy playing rescue and crosshair, but I can never find a lobby anymore. Im gonna just wait till all the dlc comes out and just hope that with all the content more people will start playing.

Both of these mode, crosshair and rescue was so good. Better than CSGO. It's a shame that people did not play it too much. At least we had players for a while.

I'd get the dlc too for sure if the game was working well for me... Maybe players will get back.

Jr14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Jr14

@gmak2442: They just need to put a price drop on PC for the game and premium. If they did that then more people I bet would start playing.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 225

#30  Edited By BassMan  Online
Member since 2002 • 17806 Posts

Premium is going to be a tough sell for this game. The community is almost dead already. People are not going to waste money on Premium for a game that is dying. If Premium was free, people would come back, but to pay for it... people don't want to risk it because DLC just fragments the community further.

Jr14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Jr14

@BassMan: yeah I was going to get premium 2 weeks ago but once I got on and seen that there was even less people playing it changed my mind.

Bishop1310

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Bishop1310
Member since 2007 • 1274 Posts

@Jr14 said:

It was a total waste of a game for the series.. People don't play it because it's trash.. Well the game isn't trash but the timing of it was dumb.

Renevent42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Renevent42
Member since 2010 • 6654 Posts
@kraken2109 said:

Am I the only one still enjoying Bad Company 2? It just has something that BF3 never matched.

That and 1942 were my favorite BF to date. I really enjoyed the destruction and overall flow of the game in BC2. BF3 is also good, but for whatever reason didn't play it as much as BC2.

Regarding Hardline, I have no interest in it. It is literally the opposite of what I want to see from a BF game. I want larger scale battles, more destruction, and greater numbers of players...not less. If I was in charge of the BF series, the next game I would put out would be:

-Takes place in future (ala 2142 or around there)

-Much higher player counts

-Larger maps with greater degree of destructibility, especially the kind that changes the flow of battles (completely leveling buildings where players can setup defensive positions, forcing changing tactics)

-More involved co-op vehicles and larger vehicles...I loved the Battleships/carriers in 1942

Stuff like that...not cops and robbers.

urbangamez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 urbangamez
Member since 2010 • 3511 Posts

maybe they should have just released technical improvements to bf 3 and 4, more maps for mp and an expansion pack to the sp campaigns for both, as both games still, at least in graphics sp campaign area have stood up to the passage of time.

Rex_Holez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Rex_Holez
Member since 2015 • 9 Posts

Hardline was a $70 mod, I wasn't going anywhere near that kind of greed. If they want their next BF to be successful, they need to make it like BF2 or have another WW2 BF.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46260 Posts

Personally didn't buy it because there are way too many Battlefield games now and they don't differ enough to stand out. Though the change of setting was nice, it's definitely not enough for me.

I want to see a WW2 setting again, or Vietnam, or future. Whatever, I'm done unlocking the same weapons and accessoires over and over again. It's always the same threadmill, it started to feel like busywork.

I also don't like how EA, starting with BF4, is focussing more on selling you the dlc on top of the base game, instead of providing you a fulfilling experience for your money first.

Hardline had too little content for its price, too much DLC.

Same thing with Battlefront now, I'm not seeing full price value in it, yet EA is already trying to sell DLC passes...

kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#38  Edited By kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts

Like Hardline more than BF3 or 4, wish more people played it. Havn't been super stoked on a BF game since Bad Company 2's Vietnam expansion pack though. BF3 and 3 where pretty average and Hardline is more of the same (not alot different from bf3/4), except for the newest mode which is good fun.

I honestly wish they would have just brought the Hotwire mode from Hardline to BF4, because that mode is a blast but that's about the only good thing that hardline brings (besides a slightly more enjoyable campaign).

Not to mention also that Hardline was the first Battlefield in awhile that actually worked properly on launch and had little to no issues from that aspect (which holds well for Star Wars). As far as DLC, I have never been a fan of Dice's DLC to be honest, sure some cool stuff is added but its just to expensive for what it offers, and it also cuts the community in half alot of the time for online shooters and DLC. Never bought the premium (although have tried it) for bf3 or 4 and won't for hardline.

Also I think alot of people where upset with how bad BF4 ran on launch, for months there was server crashes and all kinds of bugs going on. That threw alot of people off imo, a broken game on launch with tons of DLC being worked on before fixing the game.

More interested in the new Rising Storm and new Star Wars Battlefront as far as shooters go than I am a new BF. Let's hope Dice can step it up for SW.

The last great BF was Bad Company 2 Vietnam imo. With more content and an improved story I think this could have been alot better. The best part of the game is the wonderful Hardline mode which atleast brings something different to the table.