The best online CCG?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Essian (3444 posts) -

Hey guys! So I have always been a huge card game fan. When I was a kid it was Yugioh (don't make fun, I was like 12), and then when I got older and started to understand strategy, I got into Magic. The thing is that there is no one I know who plays, and all the game nights at the local store are full of elitists who don't like "noobs" like me stinking up their superior air. They never exactly kicked me out, but none of them ever wanted to play against me.

Anyway, what I am wondering is if there are any good online CCGs to get into that aren't super expensive. Don't get me wrong, I am willing to pay for it (a little, at least), but I don't know which ones are good, which ones to avoid, and which ones are overpriced. So can anyone give me a few good ones? I honestly don't care if it's Yugioh, Magic, or another CCG, just some suggestions would be nice.

I know CCGs aren't the coolest thing ever, but for some reason I just really enjoy them...

Thanks guys!

#2 Posted by agpickle (3293 posts) -

You could check out Shadow Era. Its free to play, but I'm not quite sure if you have to buy cards to be competitive, because I haven't played it yet. Here is a video about it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mbh0kWHg1H0

Also if you happen to have DotP 2012 I wouldn't mind playing sometime.

#3 Posted by Essian (3444 posts) -

You could check out Shadow Era. Its free to play, but I'm not quite sure if you have to buy cards to be competitive, because I haven't played it yet. Here is a video about it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mbh0kWHg1H0

Also if you happen to have DotP 2012 I wouldn't mind playing sometime.

agpickle
20 bucks was a bit steep for me, considering you can't build your own deck and I didn't like the 2011 version... trying Shadow Era now though... just not sure how many people actually play it
#4 Posted by ionusX (25757 posts) -

a good sp game is magic: the gathering: duels of the planeswalker: 2011

Avatar image for IxX3xil3d0n3XxI
#5 Posted by IxX3xil3d0n3XxI (1508 posts) -
Not too many sadly. Mojang's next game: Scrolls is a CCG if i recall. I miss Yu-Gi-Oh some decade ago with the PS2 games. Those games were fun.
#6 Posted by Essian (3444 posts) -
I tried out Shadow Era and it's a lot of fun... definitely a great pick for anyone who likes CCGs