The Best Offline PC game you've ever played

• 79 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

VINCEEEY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 VINCEEEY
Member since 2010 • 34 Posts
I've already made a thread like this before but i think the major flaw in it was that i was too picky. way too picky. So now, i only have 5 specifications: Offline I only have a nvidia GeForce 210. so nothing too drastic [example? i can play DA:O in low settings. is that place to start?] No RTS please :[ not L4D [ i really hate it] That you write down why you chose that game So i'm planning to read over everyones posts. Make a tally of what everyone voted for and how much the person seemed to like it and then review everything and pick the top 1 or 2 games and play themPlease dont write down games you know are not good. please dont be a jerk
TerrorRizzing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 TerrorRizzing
Member since 2010 • 4232 Posts

diablo 2, just trust me and the still large community.

kris9031998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#3 kris9031998
Member since 2008 • 7554 Posts
Civilization 4. Its not an RTS game :D
VINCEEEY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 VINCEEEY
funnny how these are the first two posts diablo 2: I've already played D2. played more than enough to get bored of it :] Civ4: i actually have that installed right now. played it a little, and then dropped it, not very fun in my opinion
Farkeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Farkeman
Member since 2009 • 1199 Posts
minecraft nuff said.
takeiteazy3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 takeiteazy3
Member since 2008 • 743 Posts
[QUOTE="VINCEEEY"]funnny how these are the first two posts diablo 2: I've already played D2. played more than enough to get bored of it :] Civ4: i actually have that installed right now. played it a little, and then dropped it, not very fun in my opinion

What games have you played?
kris9031998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#7 kris9031998
Member since 2008 • 7554 Posts
Half life 2
VINCEEEY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 VINCEEEY
oh god. thats a big list. uhhh where to start. how bought i just list the games i've played that will most likely be recomended: KoTor ME1 DA:O W3 FEAR Oblivion/Morrowind. Civ4 thats all i can think of right now.
Steameffekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#9 Steameffekt
Member since 2008 • 4950 Posts
Civilization 4. Its not an RTS game :Dkris9031998
I agree.
Avatar image for broken_bass_bin
broken_bass_bin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 broken_bass_bin
Member since 2009 • 7515 Posts

Half-Life 2

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 KHAndAnime
Member since 2009 • 17565 Posts
Morrowind. It's my favorite PC RPG. Mod it a little bit and you've got an insanely big and atmospheric RPG on your hands.
edinsftw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 edinsftw
Member since 2009 • 4243 Posts

god...there is so many.

Baldurs gate if u liked DA:O

planescape

i dont feel like listing more

Fusionmix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#13 Fusionmix
Member since 2010 • 1656 Posts

Red Alert 2. Never took it online, ever. Played that for nine years until my computer upgraded from single-core to quad and broke the SAGE engine this year.

Also anything with half-life in the name.

And Descent.

SF_KiLLaMaN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 SF_KiLLaMaN
Member since 2007 • 6446 Posts
STALKER Call of Pripyat . Best singleplayer game I have ever played.
edinsftw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 edinsftw

STALKER Call of Pripyat . Best singleplayer game I have ever played.SF_KiLLaMaN

he can barely play dragon age...

SF_KiLLaMaN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 SF_KiLLaMaN

[QUOTE="SF_KiLLaMaN"]STALKER Call of Pripyat . Best singleplayer game I have ever played.edinsftw

STALKER is not that hard to run.... I ran it fine on a AMD single core @2.2 GHz and a GeForce 8400gs....
edinsftw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 edinsftw

[QUOTE="edinsftw"]

[QUOTE="SF_KiLLaMaN"]STALKER Call of Pripyat . Best singleplayer game I have ever played.SF_KiLLaMaN

STALKER is not that hard to run.... I ran it fine on a AMD single core @2.2 GHz and a GeForce 8400gs....

his is integrated...

SF_KiLLaMaN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 SF_KiLLaMaN

[QUOTE="SF_KiLLaMaN"][QUOTE="edinsftw"]

edinsftw

his is integrated...

the geforce 210 he owns has roughly better specs than a 8400GS.

edinsftw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 edinsftw

[QUOTE="edinsftw"]

[QUOTE="SF_KiLLaMaN"] STALKER is not that hard to run.... I ran it fine on a AMD single core @2.2 GHz and a GeForce 8400gs....SF_KiLLaMaN

his is integrated...

the geforce 210 he owns has roughly better specs than a 8400GS.

i tried to change post because i was confusing it, but it said i couldnt post more than 20 in an hour :evil:

testfactor888

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 testfactor888
Member since 2010 • 7157 Posts
The Witcher I love the story and character and had alot of fun with that game and you never have to go online with it.
Treflis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Treflis
Member since 2004 • 13757 Posts
I'm gonna assume the PC game Offline thing is supposed to be there isn't any multiplayer in the game. Also taking your specs into consideration, I have 3 suggestions. 1. Bioshock, while you might not max out the graphics it is still a game that's worth to try. The story, atmosphere and setting are great and the combat feels pretty good too. 2. Max Payne, The game that for the first time had Bullet-time ( slow-motion), the story is rather good and the entire atmosphere suits the game. Very modern Noir. 3. Condemned: Criminal Origins. Decent story and superb combat, the atmosphere is dark and creepy and combined with the gameplay it help make you feel rather helpless. Also one of the FPS with very little shooting, and locating a firearm is like finding a winning lottery ticket.
strope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 strope
Member since 2005 • 78 Posts
GTA 3, VC, and SA. I've spent endless hours playing them and still enjoy them all these years later.
Ragingbear505

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#23 Ragingbear505
Member since 2008 • 819 Posts

The Witcher I love the story and character and had alot of fun with that game and you never have to go online with it.testfactor888

Definitely, one of the best games to come out in the last couple of years.

Dark Messiah of Might and Magic is a really fun and immersive action RPG though it is a little short.
Hitman: Bloodmoney is in my opinion the best stealth action game ever made (well besides The Dark Project) and it can be played in first person.
Mount and Blade: Warband is the most epic medieval combat game ever made and the system requirements are modest.

nooblet69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#25 nooblet69
Member since 2004 • 5162 Posts

I'd say its a close tie between Rome : Total War and Elder Scrolls : Morrowind. There are so many good ones out there though I could easily pick.

unrealkw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 unrealkw
Member since 2005 • 161 Posts
ut2004, Red Alert 2
r4v3gl0ry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

#27 r4v3gl0ry
Member since 2006 • 1285 Posts

Might I suggest Vampire: The Masquerade Bloodlines? I read an Anne Rice book and became interested in vampires, so I delved into this open-world RPG. Play it with the unofficial patch and you'll be set. The story is great.

Avatar image for deactivated-57e5de5e137a4
deactivated-57e5de5e137a4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 deactivated-57e5de5e137a4
Member since 2004 • 12929 Posts
Interstate '76. The online was great too, especially when people would mod their cars and put big tractor tires on a little Voltzwagon thing.
VINCEEEY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 VINCEEEY

Ok wow this is a long list. Took a nap so couldnt reply to any

------

------

So heres my comments on all of them:

------

------

-Half-Life2: Maybe but since your the only one who recomended it and I've already done lots of research about it and HF1. I'll take it into consideration :]

-Morrowind: A lot of people are recomending it so maybe I should play it again[didnt finish it the first time]

-Baldurs gate: The graphics just really make me not wanna play it. But i will play it if more people recomend it

-STALKER: firstly, whats integrated mean? LIke it came with the comp? Because my friend built my comp for me out of parts on newegg. . .and I'm kinda iffy about it. Very horroresque and extremely free roaming. But then again, theres a huge sale for those two for only 10$ so I might get it if more people put why

-Bioshock: not really into the horror stuff but as i said before, if you give a convincing argument and other people back you up then sure why not.

-Max Payne: Not really digging the neo-noir and just overall game

-Condemned: whats up with all of these scary games?! too scary for me :[

-GTA: VC/SA: I remember playing GTA: VC on my ps2 and i just dont like the whole GTA games in general.

-Hitman: hmmm, I just looked it up and it piques my interest. maybe

-Mount and Blade: i've been hearing a lot about this game[and STALKER] recently. maybe. . .

-Unreal Tournament 2004: isnt that online?

-Red alert 2: isnt that an RTS?. . .you seem to be totally neglecting my specs unrealKW

-Vampires: not a big fan of vampires either .

-Interstate 76: no online games please.

=====

=====

Wow this is a long list. Be sure to read it carefully before giving more recs :D

don't worry about the dahes, just wantd to put some spacing inbetween the things to make it more organized

testfactor888

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 testfactor888

You say those are your comments on all of them but you missed a few that people recommended. Witcher being the one that is sticking out for me, of course though since thats the one I said. :)

VINCEEEY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 VINCEEEY

o wow, I can't believed I missed that one because that was on my mind most of the time I was writing that

-Witcher: Some very good recs in this thread. Seems VERY interesting. Will definitely try. . .soon

Tigerrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Tigerrus
Member since 2008 • 156 Posts
Space Rangers 2: Reboot It is a turn based space RPG, with a war going on of 3 robot races verses 5 organic races, and you can be anyone of the 5 organic races and you don't have to fight in the war. You can deciede you just want to be a pirate, or a trader or a merc. And you can change your stratagy mid game. You get to load out your ship with equipment that you either buy, or get from killing a ship (it could be a merchant ship, pirate, or even a diplomat and of coarse there is more). Each turn is one game day, and you move during the turns and you can attack other hostile ships when you are going to where you are planning to go. Though be warned you have a relationship with each race and each planet, and if you get a bad rep with a planet the Millitary will be after you until you dock on the planet and pay off the government wiith credits. There are a few optional minigames in it, some missions have you bassically do an RTS battle(you can choose how hard you want it before accepting the quest), some quests have you visit planets and then do a text based adventure game mission, and if you fly into a blackhole you play an arcade like game where you must battle the enemy ships with your ship and what ever damage you have at the end of it you have when you come out of the blackhole in a random system in the known galaxy.(you also can get rare equipment called artifacts from the blackhole missions) The galaxy's state is always changing and the Dominators(the robots) will be always taking over or losing sectors in the war, and you can salvage remains from their ships and either use them for yourself, sell them, or donate them to help research ways to destroy the commanders easier.(and I think it also gives ranger points when you do that) The only fault I found in the game is that sometimes it is brutally hard depending on the difficulty level.(which also can be a plus)
testfactor888

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 testfactor888

o wow, I can't believed I missed that one because that was on my mind most of the time I was writing that

-Witcher: Some very good recs in this thread. Seems VERY interesting. Will definitely try. . .soon

VINCEEEY

If you do get it get the Enhanced version. You can upgrade the older version but it's just easier to get it with the upgrade already pre-installed. The Enhanced version has dramatically decreased load times and takes away pretty much every bug that was initially in the game.

VINCEEEY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 VINCEEEY

err. . .you didn't really say why you liked it, just wrote a summary on the game itself. . .So i'm guessing since you wrote all that, you must really like it but i'm sorry it just really does not look apealing to me in any way. . .:[

[QUOTE="VINCEEEY"]

testfactor888

If you do get it get the Enhanced version. You can upgrade the older version but it's just easier to get it with the upgrade already pre-installed. The Enhanced version has dramatically decreased load times and takes away pretty much every bug that was initially in the game.

nevermend. i get what you're saying ;] its actually called "enhanced edition"

biggest_loser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 60

#35 biggest_loser
Member since 2007 • 24508 Posts
Dragon Age Origins.
testfactor888

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 testfactor888
Dragon Age Origins. biggest_loser
I believe the TC already has that game as he mentions it in his original post
KhanhAgE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 KhanhAgE
Member since 2004 • 1345 Posts
You seem to be knocking down a lot of good games. Exactly what games are you into? It would help to know, so people don't waste their time.
NeonNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 115

#38 NeonNinja
Member since 2005 • 17318 Posts

------

-Half-Life2: Maybe but since your the only one who recomended it and I've already done lots of research about it and HF1. I'll take it into consideration :]

-Morrowind: A lot of people are recomending it so maybe I should play it again[didnt finish it the first time]

-Bioshock: not really into the horror stuff but as i said before, if you give a convincing argument and other people back you up then sure why not.

=====

VINCEEEY

Half-Life 2 is excellent. As far as PC shooters go it is a must-play. While Episode 2 is the best, the original version of HL2 is a very in-depth, exciting and fun FPS. Great sense of humor, highly polished and it holds up really well by today's standards.

Morrowind is a great RPG, very open-ended and you should have zero trouble playing it on your PC. It's more atmospheric and unique than Oblivion, though I enjoyed Oblivion's combat more. If you can get that to work than go for that game too.

BioShock is not a horror title. It's unique and atmospheric. Chances are youwon't play another game quite like it, unless you count BioShock 2. I myself wasn't too big on the actual gunplay as games like Half-Life 2, F.E.A.R., Crysis, Halo 3 and other shooters easily outcIass it, butit is a lengthy adventure that puts you in a unique world with some nice twists here and there. Many people tend to love it, I seem to be in the minority with the gameplay criticism, but I do love the gameworld and setting itself.

rollermint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 rollermint
Member since 2010 • 632 Posts
Would suggest Titan Quest and expac. I think they are pretty cheap on steam... Also would suggest Gothic 2.
VINCEEEY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 VINCEEEY

the main reason i'm "knocking down" those games are either because I've played them and didnt like them or i've done research and i know i wont like it

Neon ninja, i think saying "It's unique and atmospheric" is just a way to sugar-coat that its horror. I've seen quite a few videos to know that the lighting is creepy, characters are creepy, background is creepy, monsters jump out at you. I mean, theres little[dead?] girl every so often in the game. Its horror, face it :P

Can you give me more info on Gothic? Because all the review videos are in german/russian/polish[not too sure] and most of the reviews target the graphics. . .[which is pretty bad from what i can see]. And from the small clips i've seen and pictures it honestly looks like a much uglier morrowind/oblivion

*played Titan quest already. descently good game :]

NeonNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 115

#41 NeonNinja
Member since 2005 • 17318 Posts

Neon ninja, i think saying "It's unique and atmospheric" is just a way to sugar-coat that its horror. I've seen quite a few videos to know that the lighting is creepy, characters are creepy, background is creepy, monsters jump out at you. I mean, theres little[dead?] girl every so often in the game. Its horror, face it :P

VINCEEEY

Saying something is unique and atmospheric is not horror. What are you twelve? When I say it's unique and atmospheric I mean the game is interesting. It is nowhere near frightening. My chicken friend was also avoiding BioShock for this reason until I handed him my copy. Two days later I got a call from the guy asking me why I hadn't recommended it sooner to him. :roll:

I don't sugar-coat things, particularly for a game I don't even like that much to begin with. I just know that most people tend to like it. It has a one-of-a-kind setting (unique and atmospheric)with an interestingstory. Maybe you should just play Torchlight and call it a day. You sound like an E10+ kind of guy with all of this M-rated phobia you have.

keren_man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#42 keren_man
Member since 2009 • 191 Posts

Try Knight of Honor

VINCEEEY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 VINCEEEY

[QUOTE="VINCEEEY"]

NeonNinja

Saying something is unique and atmospheric is not horror. What are you twelve? When I say it's unique and atmospheric I mean the game is interesting. It is nowhere near frightening. My chicken friend was also avoiding BioShock for this reason until I handed him my copy. Two days later I got a call from the guy asking me why I hadn't recommended it sooner to him. :roll:

I don't sugar-coat things, particularly for a game I don't even like that much to begin with. I just know that most people tend to like it. It has a one-of-a-kind setting (unique and atmospheric)with an interestingstory. Maybe you should just play Torchlight and call it a day. You sound like an E10+ kind of guy with all of this M-rated phobia you have.

. . .so you resort to mocking me and calling me a twelve year old? is that your way of convincing my to play Bioshock? Don't get offended so easily, i'm not attacking you as a person[which you're doing to me] I'm voicing my opinion that contradicts what you're saying. Plus, the title of this thread is "The Best Offline PC game you've ever played" and you said "I don't even like that much to begin with". So firstly, you're a troll, I wasn't picking a fight[i think i didnt sound harrassing in my post. yeah?] and secondly, you didn't even respond to the thread correctly, obviously from what you've written, you don't think Bioshock is the best offline PC game you've ever played

Keren_man: sorry but please no rts' :[

Godofnerdyness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Godofnerdyness
Member since 2007 • 3248 Posts

Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines

Man how I love that game

epac_shred90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 epac_shred90
Member since 2009 • 177 Posts

Morrowind. It's my favorite PC RPG. Mod it a little bit and you've got an insanely big and atmospheric RPG on your hands.KHAndAnime

this, by far my favorite too....giant world, infinite amount of stuff to do, very in-depth, and tons of mods

Avatar image for YoungGSReviewer
YoungGSReviewer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#46 YoungGSReviewer
Member since 2007 • 889 Posts

Bioshock.

It has stellar gameplay coupled with a deeply atmospheric environment. It's not a horror game like F.E.A.R. The things that look creepy are there just to imerse you into the environment. It's more depressing then scary. The ending twist makes me want to play it again for the first time. It's one of the best current gen games to be released thus far.

Avatar image for YoungGSReviewer
YoungGSReviewer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#47 YoungGSReviewer
Member since 2007 • 889 Posts

[QUOTE="KHAndAnime"]Morrowind. It's my favorite PC RPG. Mod it a little bit and you've got an insanely big and atmospheric RPG on your hands.epac_shred90

this, by far my favorite too....giant world, infinite amount of stuff to do, very in-depth, and tons of mods

Morrowind was an amazing game, the graphics suck, but the gameplay is much better than the current gen Oblivion. There's a main storyline but you can spend a countless number of hours wandering over the large and diverse landscapes.
fgirtan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 fgirtan
Member since 2010 • 30 Posts
Thw witcher a stunning RPG
edinsftw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 edinsftw

[QUOTE="epac_shred90"]

[QUOTE="KHAndAnime"]Morrowind. It's my favorite PC RPG. Mod it a little bit and you've got an insanely big and atmospheric RPG on your hands.YoungGSReviewer

Morrowind was an amazing game, the graphics suck, but the gameplay is much better than the current gen Oblivion. There's a main storyline but you can spend a countless number of hours wandering over the large and diverse landscapes.

When it came out, it was like the crysis of that day

JackBurton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#50 JackBurton
Member since 2002 • 3808 Posts

Mafia