lucidique

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 150

User Lists: 0

#1 lucidique
Member since 2003 • 791 Posts

Battletech is out on PC! It came out a few days ago and is a lot of fun if you enjoy turn-based combat mechanics mixed with some management sim elements in-between missions.

It's basically X-COM with guns Mechs. And performance issues, and missing animations and delays between actions...

Anyway! What are your thoughts on the game so far?

Lach0121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Lach0121
Member since 2007 • 11781 Posts

I enjoy it. I would like more customization options though. More colors, a layer editor for the company logo.

I haven't played it enough to point out much more than what you have already covered with performance issues (although I don't have many) and missing animations (yea that is there) and delays between actions. (definitely a problem)

XCOM2 when it launched had some pretty noticeable performance issues too. I enjoyed it, but not as much as the one released in 2012. The second game should of had a darker tone, (aliens won, and they all but rule, and we are the rebel party) but the color palette, and setting, suggested otherwise. At this point I am much more looking forward to Phoenix Point than XCOM. I think it is closer to the grittier perspective that I am wanting in a game like that.

BattleTech was something I enjoyed as a child. Albeit not the table top, or other video games. (other than Mech Warrior 2) I had the foot tall action figures. The ones where if you shot them in the weak spot the cockpit, or the arms, would blow off of it. I always loved the setting, and giant mechs. ( I use to love Robot Jox, and Robot Wars) So this game was a bit of letting me explore that setting more. Mech Warrior 5 gives me that ability from a different perspective, later this year.

So I am not die hard, but I do enjoy it.