TF2 Weapon Unlocks

This topic is locked from further discussion.

glotvo3d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 glotvo3d
Member since 2008 • 46 Posts

Personally i think its very homoerotic how you have to get the weapons randomly.

Is there an easy way to get them? Maybe create your own server and just sit afk overnight or something?

Pinkyimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#2 Pinkyimp
Member since 2006 • 3623 Posts

One of valves worst mistakes, its a stupid idea.

1.) you can get dupes (WTF kind of **** is that

2.) if your a new player, you will almost NEVER get the weapon YOU want if you have a favorite class.

3.) its just stupid, having random unlocks makes everything boring again, the fun of TF2 was unlocking the weapons, and now that thats random whats the point o the updates now?.

I was looking foward to playing Spy and his new weapons, but now i just pissed becuase i got the sandman 2 times already, and 1 flare gun. its pissing me off and unfair to loyal players.

umutthejedi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 umutthejedi
Member since 2005 • 83 Posts

stop opening so many topics about it. Yea it sux but they'll fix it eventually or add an exchange ability to game.

Scientist8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Scientist8
Member since 2007 • 165 Posts
I'm guessing it's mainly so when the updates come out not everyone is playing that class on one server. It gets pretty hectic and not fun after awhile when everyone is a pyro ,for example, because of the update
Avatar image for paraskhos_basic
paraskhos_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 paraskhos_basic
Member since 2002 • 1243 Posts
I'm guessing it's mainly so when the updates come out not everyone is playing that class on one server. It gets pretty hectic and not fun after awhile when everyone is a pyro ,for example, because of the updateScientist8
i dont get it i think we should be given the freedom to choose which player we wanna use and have fun also on topic it really is a bad move i know for sure after all fans they will strike down this
STAR_Admiral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 STAR_Admiral
Member since 2006 • 1119 Posts

2.) if your a new player, you will almost NEVER get the weapon YOU want if you have a favorite class.

3.) its just stupid, having random unlocks makes everything boring again, the fun of TF2 was unlocking the weapons, and now that thats random whats the point o the updates now?.

I was looking foward to playing Spy and his new weapons, but now i just pissed becuase i got the sandman 2 times already, and 1 flare gun. its pissing me off and unfair to loyal players.

Pinkyimp

Personally i like the new system over the old. 1. So what? 2. Thats thje point of the new system. It rewards time played. new players should not get weapons off the bat, spend time playing and eventually you will get your item. I like the rewarding time played instaed of achievements.

and let me get this striaght. your complaning that you don't have your weapons after 1 day? Its very fair to loyal players since loyal players play alot and will get their unlocks.

Pinkyimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Pinkyimp

[QUOTE="Pinkyimp"]

STAR_Admiral

Personally i like the new system over the old. 1. So what? 2. Thats thje point of the new system. It rewards time played. new players should not get weapons off the bat, spend time playing and eventually you will get your item. I like the rewarding time played instaed of achievements.

and let me get this striaght. your complaning that you don't have your weapons after 1 day? Its very fair to loyal players since loyal players play alot and will get their unlocks.

1.) LOL so what?, so you would rather go through 5 KGB's, 3 Backburners, 1 Force a Nature, and THEN get the unlock you want, its not terrible but i cant think of a worst way to get unlockables. 2.) And i agree, Alot of people used achievement servers way to much but who cares?, i feel that this is not doing any better, its hurting loyal players because we already have almost all the unlocks, why the hell would we want 2 more Backburners?, 5 more Bonk Punch drinks?, its a waste of time, i want jarate, and yet i keep getting crap i already got 5 months ago...and we just supposed to accept it?.and wait for more garbage we already got? until we finally get what we want? 4 months ahead of time, while some people already have there's...sure it stresses play time but the concept is just stupid, these are just updates, unlocking should be fun, and should give you a CLEAR way of unlocking them, even if its somewhat cheating (Achievement servers), i want to have freedom over what I want to unlock, not what valve wants me to have. Face it, it was a dumb move, they should have kept it the way it was, i encourage valve to find OTHER WAYS of getting the unlockables but this way is stupid, they should just ban ALL achievement servers, and put some limit on player count for getting the achievements so 2 people cant buddy up on a server and just start playing. There has to be other ways of doing this, because so far im not liking this whole random garbage...
GTR2addict

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 GTR2addict
Member since 2007 • 11863 Posts
and with this, i have lost a stupidly amount of respect for valve... someone boot gabe newell's ass out of there, he's ****ing up TF2 as we know it
REforever101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9 REforever101
Member since 2005 • 11223 Posts

yea this is incredibly dumb. i have all unlocks save the sniper and spy stuff....regardless i havent gotten ANYTHING yet. very very stupid

weirjf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#10 weirjf
Member since 2002 • 2392 Posts

I was under the impression from a statement from Valve that you could still get the unlocks the old way as well as random. I haven't gotten enough achievements to verify that yet, though.

Avatar image for deactivated-60678a6f9e4d4
deactivated-60678a6f9e4d4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#11 deactivated-60678a6f9e4d4
Member since 2007 • 10077 Posts

Personally i think its very homoerotic how you have to get the weapons randomly.

Is there an easy way to get them? Maybe create your own server and just sit afk overnight or something?

glotvo3d

Homoerotic?! Other than the fact that I want to stick the backburner up Gabe Newell's arse (in a violent, non-sexy way), I don't see how this update would be sexually appealing for gays.

IMaBIOHAZARD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#12 IMaBIOHAZARD
Member since 2008 • 1464 Posts
It was sort of a shock today, booting up the game, expecting to plow through some more awesome achievements, and get some really amazing unlocks, to find that that was NOT the case. I can't say that I like Valve any less because of it, however, because now you don't have your whole team be a single class...its still a nice balance, as it should be. And it does sort of make the achievements just about achieving stuff, making them genuine ACHIEVEMENTS, not something that EVERYONE has to do to get the unlocks.
weirjf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#13 weirjf
Member since 2002 • 2392 Posts

[QUOTE="Pinkyimp"]

STAR_Admiral

12 achievements and no unlocks with 6 hours of play. the new system sucks

Mochyc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Mochyc
Member since 2007 • 4421 Posts
I keep on wondering is this some kind of sadistic, though late, April fool's joke, or if Valve is trying to make a point (like everyone is human and can make mistakes?). I still love valve but this seems to be one of their extremely rare mistakes.
vdastampede

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#15 vdastampede
Member since 2003 • 807 Posts
and with this, i have lost a stupidly amount of respect for valve... someone boot gabe newell's ass out of there, he's ****ing up TF2 as we know itGTR2addict
I hate the new way too. But one bad decision doesn't overrule ten good ones. Valve is still one of the greatest companies in exsistance.
clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts

I havent gotten any unlocks yet because the servers are full! :x

pvtdonut54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#17 pvtdonut54
Member since 2008 • 8554 Posts

What they should do is after so many hours you get new weapon (1 hour, 2, 4). That way new players dont get lucky and seasoned players will get it wothout going to special achievement servers or ridunculous tasks.

GTR2addict

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 GTR2addict
Member since 2007 • 11863 Posts
[QUOTE="GTR2addict"]and with this, i have lost a stupidly amount of respect for valve... someone boot gabe newell's ass out of there, he's ****ing up TF2 as we know itvdastampede
I hate the new way too. But one bad decision doesn't overrule ten good ones. Valve is still one of the greatest companies in exsistance.

yeah but gabe isnt doing it any good
lucky326

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 lucky326
Member since 2006 • 3799 Posts

Yeah I think itis a great addition personally. No longer do you enter a server and find the entire team is Snipers and Spies.

johnny27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#20 johnny27
Member since 2006 • 4400 Posts
I'm guessing it's mainly so when the updates come out not everyone is playing that class on one server. It gets pretty hectic and not fun after awhile when everyone is a pyro ,for example, because of the updateScientist8
no that was one of the best moments of when a new update came out there would be a flood of most ppl being one class for a few days afterward and the medic update was the best u had to use extreme teamwork and coordination to get those achievements and u felt like u accomplished something after several hours of grinding for achievements and finally getting your weapons to play with :D.
redbaron3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 redbaron3
Member since 2004 • 984 Posts
the only way that this currrent system would be good is if A. The items droped MUCH MUCH more (like every ammo pickup off of dead player had 50/50 chance of a random item) and B. Add an item store where you can quickly sell items you already have to earn a form of TF2 currency to spend on other weapons/ extra skins and stuff
Pinkyimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Pinkyimp
the only way that this currrent system would be good is if A. The items droped MUCH MUCH more (like every ammo pickup off of dead player had 50/50 chance of a random item) and B. Add an item store where you can quickly sell items you already have to earn a form of TF2 currency to spend on other weapons/ extra skins and stuffredbaron3
The Store idea would be Perfect for TF2, and the achievements could be your money and or playtime, Perfect idea. and selling items is perfect too "Bye bye Bonk enegry drink" Seriously, I like this idea..But i still think that the Hats should only be for the elite players, players who put 300+ Hours into a class get one of them. not one you can buy
redbaron3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 redbaron3
Member since 2004 • 984 Posts

[QUOTE="redbaron3"]the only way that this currrent system would be good is if A. The items droped MUCH MUCH more (like every ammo pickup off of dead player had 50/50 chance of a random item) and B. Add an item store where you can quickly sell items you already have to earn a form of TF2 currency to spend on other weapons/ extra skins and stuffPinkyimp
The Store idea would be Perfect for TF2, and the achievements could be your money and or playtime, Perfect idea. and selling items is perfect too "Bye bye Bonk enegry drink" Seriously, I like this idea..But i still think that the Hats should only be for the elite players, players who put 300+ Hours into a class get one of them. not one you can buy

well my idea included extra skins so that player that really want to put the time into it can spend game cash to unlock extra trophys on their chars rangeing from simple to totaly different such as Snipers wearing heads of the player favored class to kill to spys wearing a ninja outfit. These would be asthetic only and offer no overpowered bonus over other players other than just looking cooler than the other people :P

Swiftstrike5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#24 Swiftstrike5
Member since 2005 • 6950 Posts
I agree, but they could just give us the unlocks. I don't see any reason to force us to earn them.
sammysalsa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 sammysalsa
Member since 2004 • 1832 Posts

Explanation about new unlock system

They have explained why they've done this,

-Take out acheivement grinding

-Will be able to do item trading

REforever101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 REforever101

Explanation about new unlock system

They have explained why they've done this,

-Take out acheivement grinding

-Will be able to do item trading

sammysalsa
oh thats all great and good....BUT I HAVE GOTTEN NOTHING!!!! at all
JangoWuzHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 JangoWuzHere
Member since 2007 • 19032 Posts

The only possible way you guys could have gotten the weapeons now with the old system is if you achievement farmed:roll:

REforever101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 REforever101

The only possible way you guys could have gotten the weapeons now with the old system is if you achievement farmed:roll:

JangoWuzHere

actually, no i've gotten 11 sniper achievements so far, all legit

i should have one item so far. with this new fail system, i still have nothing. not even doubles

SimoSays2541

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 SimoSays2541
Member since 2006 • 679 Posts

Why don't they just make it so once you unlock an item, you can't unlock it again? This would reduce the annoyance of getting multiple items of a class you already have all the unlocks for, and for those who have all the unlocks up to the new update, can begin working on getting the spy/sniper weapons right away. Makes most sense to me. :/

REforever101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 REforever101

Why don't they just make it so once you unlock an item, you can't unlock it again? This would reduce the annoyance of getting multiple items of a class you already have all the unlocks for, and for those who have all the unlocks up to the new update, can begin working on getting the spy/sniper weapons right away. Makes most sense to me. :/

SimoSays2541
they are going to implement an item trading ability, hence the doubles. its still annoying though. but hey, i'd be happy with doubles....cause i've still got nothing at all even after hours of playing
AwZy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 AwZy
Member since 2004 • 25 Posts

Yeah I think itis a great addition personally. No longer do you enter a server and find the entire team is Snipers and Spies.

lucky326

Except now you have people sitting in spawn doing nothing or servers are full with people spectating. Plus, after ten dupes it's getting very frustrating, damn you Backburner!

f22rf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 f22rf
Member since 2003 • 1100 Posts

The new system sucks, point!

REforever101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points